Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raise a glass for Zimmer
Quote: @"JR44" said:
I love Kendricks but his play this year had regressed significantly.  I would imagine like any good coach that Zimmer called him out on it and apparently he couldn't handle it.
Did EK's play regress significantly?  Let's see what the stats show for 2021:

Best year for total number of tackles  126
Best year for assists  63
4th best year for tackles 63  (3 below 2nd best year)
Tied second best year for interceptions 2
Best year for sacks  5

Our defense suffers much more when Kendricks is out versus Barr.  Zimmer would have to be a total dick to call out a player having his best year but maybe he did...

ADD IN: EK played 15 games in 2021

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"greediron" said:
A few ex long time Vikings may disagree about Rick being classy.  Of course EK has always been the voice of reason.  Nothing sez mature like a bitter shot at the coach that drafted you and helped make you a star.
I think Kendricks is a tremendous football player and team leader that played his heart for this team.  We don't know what was said in team meetings or on the practice fields.  I trust Eric's judgement and evaluation of the coach.  And I agree, a fear based coaching style is not the way to go...
EK is a tremendous football player, but I don't recall him wearing the green dot even as the Mike who was always on the field.  Was he ever a team captain?  I don't recall.  I don't trust many players evaluation of coaches.  And like I said, taking a bitter parting shot sez plenty about him.
Only a team leader if wear the green dot (coaches decision) or team captain?  (shrug) still believe he is respected by his teammates and clearly leads by example.  We don't know the back story behind his comments.  We can have differing opinions as to whether his comments say negative things about Zimmer or Kendricks or both, no problem.
No doubt he is respected and leads through heart and and example.  But not being voted a captain does say something IMO.  And as you said, it probably speaks negatively of both.  I just think that in parting, why burn bridges and make headlines?