Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raise a glass for Zimmer
I know its a good day to shit on Zimmer..  I was on board with firing him because frankly his time was up here.

That being said.  The guy took a team that hadn't had success (minus the Favre year) since Denny Green and made them a defensive powerhouse.  The dude got some really shitty hands dealt while he was here...but that's life in the nfl.

Anyway, unlike the last several head coaches we've gone through, Zim deserves a pint in his name.  I wish him and his family the best.  Enjoy your hot girlfriend and beautiful ranch!!
Skol!!!!!

dont hate the guy,   just thought it was time for the team to go a different direction,   his words/actions when things didnt go well werent always the things of legend,  but he is who we thought he was when he was hired.  true to his early comments,  he went out doing it his way.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I know its a good day to shit on Zimmer..  I was on board with firing him because frankly his time was up here.

That being said.  The guy took a team that hadn't had success (minus the Favre year) since Denny Green and made them a defensive powerhouse.  The dude got some really shitty hands dealt while he was here...but that's life in the nfl.

Anyway, unlike the last several head coaches we've gone through, Zim deserves a pint in his name.  I wish him and his family the best.  Enjoy your hot girlfriend and beautiful ranch!!
Skol!!!!!
I don't know. I'm betting the hot girlfriend gave ol' Zimm the "It's not you...it's me" shortly after his call from the Wilfs

Thanks for busting your hump for Viking Nation Mike...Enjoy retirement or whatever else life brings. 

[Image: businessman-in-full-suit-in-studio-point...?s=170667a]

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@AGRforever said:

Skol!!!!!
I don't know. I'm betting the hot girlfriend gave ol' Zimm the "It's not you...it's me" shortly after his call from the Wilfs

Do you think he still gets free Superbowl tickets this year? 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@AGRforever said:

Skol!!!!!
Lol!

I'm not convinced of that yet...Zimmer is guaranteed something like $15mm on his contract. 

He did some good things. I don't hate him. He made a difference on and off the field. He will be fine. He is going to probably spend some time with his grandkids and relax. When you look at him when he started and now, it's evident that some downtime would do some good. He gave blood, sweat, tears and basically an eye, good luck in the next chapter. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@AGRforever said:

Skol!!!!!
Lol!

I'm not convinced of that yet...Zimmer is guaranteed something like $15mm on his contract
You two are mean Smile

Skol - onward we sail!

honestly,  look at how much the stress of the job has affected him physically,  this may save his life.  I was noting how much weight he has gained the last couple year and thinking damn,  that  makes me feel good about myself, and thats not a good thing.  I hope he can step back,  find his old self, and come back to the game on his own terms, doing what he loves.