Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Lochstar
I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but from the interactions I had with him he seems like a great guy.  Its pretty rare that you can feel someones energy through text on a screen, but Al's personality came through. 

Quote: @GeorgiaVike said:
I received this message from Loch’s neice last night. Just thought I’d share. :

Hi. Albert has been battling liver failure and intestinal blockages. The cause of both seems to be related to a gastric procedure he has a few years ago.  Unfortunately, there is nothing more that could be done, and he has come home on hospice care. I have never seen anyone fight or try as hard as Albert. This spring he was given a almost 0% chance of survival abs here he is, still fighting! He gave it more than his all, but has now left it in God's hands. The past 6 months has been full of nasal feeding tubes, ICU stays, surgeries, aspiration pneumonia,  TPN nutrition and so many other complex medical efforts and complications that it is time for the poor man to rest.

It warms my heart to see just how far Albert's light has shined on this world. I am his niece and I have always thought the world of him and looked up to him. I'm so glad that so many people out there got the chance to meet him, and experience that joy that is Albert. His life may be short, but he sure has made his impact
 “Uncle Albert”

Loch is so much about music. 

Maybe this quirky tune makes some sense here?

Hands across the water, Loch.
Hands across the sky.

I remember Al is a Savatage fan so I thought I'd leave this here:

I have a mailing address for Loch if anyone would like to mail him a card .   just PM me

Quote: @PapaScott said:
I have a mailing address for Loch if anyone would like to mail him a card .   just PM me
Text it to me Pops...

PapaScott—I was just thinking about you! Haven’t heard from you in so long! Could you maybe post the address? I’m sure there are others who would like to send a greeting.  If that is any violation of privacy—please PM it to me. Thanks, old friend.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
PapaScott—I was just thinking about you! Haven’t heard from you in so long! Could you maybe post the address? I’m sure there are others who would like to send a greeting.  If that is any violation of privacy—please PM it to me. 
Thanks, old friend.
I would prefer that we dont put other peoples private information on the public parts of the board.  Please continue to PM this type of information.

Does anybody have any updates on Al?  I didnt get a response on his cell to messages I have left.

I visited Al on 12-23.   I did not recognize him but I did see him in his sister's face.  he is down to 160 lbs from 320.  he was awake and was able to converse, although he was hard to understand.  His voice is weak , and is still adamant about the deep desert nomades and their perpensity to wear black attire to repel the intense desert heat.  I messaged his sister yesterday and Al is still holding on strong.  

Quote: @PapaScott said:
I visited Al on 12-23.   I did not recognize him but I did see him in his sister's face.  he is down to 160 lbs from 320.  he was awake and was able to converse, although he was hard to understand.  His voice is weak , and is still adamant about the deep desert nomades and their perpensity to wear black attire to repel the intense desert heat.  I messaged his sister yesterday and Al is still holding on strong.  
Thank you for the update PapaScott. Much Appreciated. Glad you had a chance to spend some time with him.