• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s talk Wild card
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
I hope we don’t make the playoffs.
To much at stake draft wise.
Only a Viking fan could say something like this. 
No "fan" ever wants picks over wins.

Guess I'm not a fan then.  If we do not have the ability to do anything in the playoffs then give me the better picks. 
Personally, I really don't think the Viking will make the playoffs, but I always hope they win every game.  Even with their current record, I hope they win out...I don't worry or think about the draft or the team's position in the draft until it gets here.

It is unfortunate, because our offense is playoff caliber and can score big on anyone.  On defense our front 7 has shown promise with some of the young guys like Watts, Jones and Lynch and then obviously with Kendricks, so I think they could bring it in a playoff game, but our secondary is so bad, that any decent QB is going to pick them apart.  We have not had many great secondaries in our history and it has often been a weak spot, but I do not remember anything this bad in that it is just take your pick which guy is more wide open.  For his overall on and off the field performance, I think Breeland by far is the worst DB we have ever had.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
It is unfortunate, because our offense is playoff caliber and can score big on anyone.  On defense our front 7 has shown promise with some of the young guys like Watts, Jones and Lynch and then obviously with Kendricks, so I think they could bring it in a playoff game, but our secondary is so bad, that any decent QB is going to pick them apart.  We have not had many great secondaries in our history and it has often been a weak spot, but I do not remember anything this bad in that it is just take your pick which guy is more wide open.  For his overall on and off the field performance, I think Breeland by far is the worst DB we have ever had.  
Josh Robinson (2012 draft) is the worst corner I have ever seen on the Vikings. It felt like it was a touchdown for the other team every time they threw his way.

https://purpleinsider.substack.com/p/wha...-struggles

a big reason the D has taken a bad turn.  That and Hunter collecting $$$ while not contributing.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
A "fan" wants what is best for his team. IMHO, that is firing Zimmer and Speilman, and starting the rebuild. If we muddle into the playoffs, and lose in grand fashion in round one and pick mid teens in the draft, that isn't good for this team, only slows down the start of the new reguime. Does anyone think this team can win the super bowl this year with this defense? 

I've been a die-hard "fan" all of my 59 years. I've seen so many heartbreaks over the years (you all can relate). Never seen a coach that is so stubborn, even when things aren't going well. I was a big fan when we hired ZIM, but last year I could see the game has past him by. I figure I got about 20 more years to live, let's get this rebuild started so I can see us get theat Super Bowl Trophy.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@AGRforever said:
@Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:

Guess I'm not a fan then.  If we do not have the ability to do anything in the playoffs then give me the better picks. 
Personally, I really don't think the Viking will make the playoffs, but I always hope they win every game.  Even with their current record, I hope they win out...I don't worry or think about the draft or the team's position in the draft until it gets here.

Meh, long term vs short term goals. 

I don't see how this defense beats either the Rams or Packers.  OTOH, if they don't sweep the Mack-less Bears, everybody needs to be fired.  On the spot.  From cannons.  Into brick walls.  So, 8-9 and once again we're hoping to strike lightning after the "blue chippers" are taken ahead of us .

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@AGRforever said:
@Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:

Meh, long term vs short term goals. 
I don't own a crystal ball, so I can't predict the future...

Quote: @Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
I don't think it's about whether or not you're a true fan. I just think it's stupid. There are literally people out there who don't want us to make the playoffs. So we can get a better seat at the craps table...in order to get a better draft pick...in order to improve our team....in order to make the playoffs...the thing you don't want us to do this year...so we can get a better seat at the craps table...in order to...I mean the mind boggles. 

Quote: @JoDakota said:
@Zanary said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
A "fan" wants what is best for his team. IMHO, that is firing Zimmer and Speilman, and starting the rebuild. If we muddle into the playoffs, and lose in grand fashion in round one and pick mid teens in the draft, that isn't good for this team, only slows down the start of the new reguime. Does anyone think this team can win the super bowl this year with this defense? 

I've been a die-hard "fan" all of my 59 years. I've seen so many heartbreaks over the years (you all can relate). Never seen a coach that is so stubborn, even when things aren't going well. I was a big fan when we hired ZIM, but last year I could see the game has past him by. I figure I got about 20 more years to live, let's get this rebuild started so I can see us get theat Super Bowl Trophy.
A rebuild? We have the 6th youngest team in the league...and a rebuild organized by...?

My own signature states that Zimmer is on my s**t list, no doubt...but I've also seen this bunch play some of the top-ranked teams to a standstill or worse, they just need to put 4 quarters together.

After the season, it's a whole different thing...and the draft will be waiting, and all the postseason bruhaha that comes with it.  However, I'll cheer for the people on my team while the season's still going...and tell any "fan" hoping for losses to get their cheese hat on the way out.