Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You have a 200 yard rusher. And almost lose
Quote: @Wetlander said:
We almost lost because Cousins didn't play well all night.  Explain away the interceptions if you want, but the end result is they gave Pittsburgh momentum in a game that was a blowout.  14/31 says it all...  We won because of Dalvin and the running game.
Yup, Cousins didn't play well.

But, the O staked the D to a 29 point lead. I'm thinking, hear me out, maybe the Charmin soft D might have something to do with that.

Whaddya think?

Or is 29 points too small of a lead for any D to be expected to protect in the last 17 minutes of a game?

[Image: h235o0s1px3w.gif]

Quote: @JoDakota said:
29-0 with two minutes left in the 3rd quarter, then the defense that was mugging Big Ben all night got consevative and didn't put pressure on him, and they nearly came back to beat us. A 29-0 lead with 17 minutes left should be safe.....but it nearly wasn't with our soft defense.
I think we were doing a good job collapsing the pocket. In the second half it was just a matter of Ben throwing it up and his wide receivers going and getting it. We lost probably a half dozen, almost jump ball type passes in the second half. They were also doing a better job of getting the ball out quickly 

I think the defensive line did a good job. Richardson, Watts, Willikes, Jones, and a lot of young guts were getting in there, pushing the pocket, and making plays. Tomlinson continues to be a non factor 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@JR44 said:
@Mike Olson said:
@JR44 said:
QB 14-31 and two picks doesn't help, never seen him so inaccurate, missed so many wide open WRs.  The key stat of the game is how many times did Jefferson touch the ball in the 2nd half
The ine int was tipped and went off Justins hands. The other one Osborne gave up on his route. I’d give the steelers the 14 off those picks but even still. Offense put up 36 points.

I think that we gamble when we get conservative with the ball and here is why. When we go run run pass. It takes the ball out of the QB’s hands. Then when we have to go back to it the rhythm is all off. The playcalling was good in the first half. Some of the best I have seen all year. There was even some creativity. And then we got boring again. Until we had to get something going. Cousins threw some ugly ass passes. But he nailed some too.
So that stop and go offense seems to take us out of games more than put us further ahead. And then the defense gets soft trying to milk the clock rather than stay aggressive. 

We have lost more of these games thanwe have won and some of those losses the offense has been in position to win but a missed kick or a fumble has resulted in it not going our way. To me this has to come down to coaching. we keep doing the same things and seeing the same results.
No excuse for either pick, so sick of him getting a pass on everything he does.  The pass to Jefferson was a bad pass, it was floated like he was doing all night, leaving JJ out to dry.  With the lead they had, there is no way you make that throw to Osborne, you are not taking a chance on a throw unless your WR is open, just awful decisions all night and his passing were consistently way off.  Pitt never would have had any time on the clock if he was milking the play clock down like he should have been in the 2nd half.  
There's something admirable about your dogged determination to continually post absolutely moronic takes on football. Your ignorance is breathtaking.
LOL!  Your man crush on me is embarrassing.  I love how you feel the need to follow everyone of my posts an make a classless remark.  Hilarious!!
You must be feelin the love from just about everyone.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Explain away the interceptions if you want...
The first ball was tipped and on the second Osborne stumbled and wasn't able to complete his route. Do you REALLY disagree with that? 

I saw a QB forcing balls into coverage when there was absolutely no need when we're sitting on a 29-0 lead.  Two turnovers that gave Pittsburgh a short field in our own territory is dumb situational football.

Sorry I saw something different than the rest of you.

29 point lead, the last TD a perfect 62 yard TD pass from a QB that was having an off game.

I have concerns that Cousins is actually injured, because he's looked less accurate for a couple of games, now.  Maybe he's taken a shoulder or elbow hit, I don't know.

That said, I'm hoping that Thielen and others can return for the next game, and maybe this whack-ass season improves.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@JoDakota said:
29-0 with two minutes left in the 3rd quarter, then the defense that was mugging Big Ben all night got consevative and didn't put pressure on him, and they nearly came back to beat us. A 29-0 lead with 17 minutes left should be safe.....but it nearly wasn't with our soft defense.
I think we were doing a good job collapsing the pocket. In the second half it was just a matter of Ben throwing it up and his wide receivers going and getting it. We lost probably a half dozen, almost jump ball type passes in the second half. They were also doing a better job of getting the ball out quickly 
I saw a tweet (forget who) that said PIT was 6/10 on catching contested balls, for ~120 yds. MIN was 0/5. 

Our DBs weren’t making enough plays (and when they did Boyd got a taunting flag… ugh) and our WRs weren’t playing to their usual standards. Praise be that Cook put the team on his back. That catch he had on 3rd n 9 a great grab (not sure why that wasn’t considered contested but whatever). That grab helped burn a lot more clock and without it I have a feeling PIT would have been attempting a 2pt convo and possibly winning. Thank you Dalvin!

Again, let me make sure I'm tracking this right.

Offense, with Cousins having an awful night, puts up THIRTY-SIX POINTS, and Cousins is to blame because we almost lose?

[Image: 86dxah9s6v00.jpeg]

Hokay.

Only fan base in the NFL who could come to this conclusion.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

Offense, with Cousins having an awful night, puts up THIRTY-SIX POINTS, and Cousins is to blame because we almost lose?

Hokay.

There has to be an escape goat no matter what...

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

Hokay.

The mental gymnastics some of these fans do is impressive. Cousins plays an outstanding game, defense shits the bed and the team loses. The W-L record nerds are quick to assign that loss to Cousins. 

Because after all he runs the offense and it's about scoring the most points. Meanwhile he runs the offense putting up 36 points in a win. And it suddenly doesn't count as a W towards the W-L record. Because, well I guess he wasn't running the offense.