Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the Swiss cheese Vikings D wasted this.....
Those percentages are misleading. Typically, 0-2 teams are bad teams. In other words, they have no expectation of making the playoffs and they probably lost those games by significant margins. Obviously, the vast majority are not going to make the playoffs. 

Vikings lost both games on the final play. Point differential a total of 4 points. in the last 21 years, of the teams who lost their first two games by a total of 4 points (a total of 4 teams), half made the playoffs.  

I've seen a few writers talk about how our offensive play-calling lost its teeth at halftime, and that sure resonates with me and how I see Zimmer handling offense:

If we lead early, he'll slow us down until we're trailing.

If we trail early, he'll initially stick with grinding offense to try and get the clock, if not the points.

If we're in a shootout, he'll let the offense have 2-3 aggressive drives before he reverts to type.

If we get blown out early, he'll let the offense do its thing...and scapegoat them despite the D being ineffective.

I think we have a legitimate 40+ ppg offense that's constantly having its leash yanked by the HC.

Quote: @Zanary said:
I've seen a few writers talk about how our offensive play-calling lost its teeth at halftime, and that sure resonates with me and how I see Zimmer handling offense:

If we trail early, he'll initially stick with grinding offense to try and get the clock, if not the points.

If we're in a shootout, he'll let the offense have 2-3 aggressive drives before he reverts to type.

If we get blown out early, he'll let the offense do its thing...and scapegoat them despite the D being ineffective.

I think we have a legitimate 40+ ppg offense that's constantly having its leash yanked by the HC.
thats certainly a possibility,  is there a reason why he wants to muzzle Cousins/offensive output,  or does he just honestly believe that taking the air out of the ball and  grinding out the clock is still the best approach to winning football games?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:

thats certainly a possibility,  is there a reason why he wants to muzzle Cousins/offensive output,  or does he just honestly believe that taking the air out of the ball and  grinding out the clock is still the best approach to winning football games?
Zimmer's a grinder, in terms of offensive thinking.  He's shown a love of being all about getting 5-6 yards per play, controlling the clock, and taking just enough shots to keep the opposing defense honest.  The problem is, it's not 1972 anymore and our QB, RB, WRs, and the rest are all ambitious and have the ability to put up numbers.  He's holding his own offense back.

Heard a talking head talking about the Raiders QB Carr & how he’s playing much more aggressively now, he said & I agree: in today’s NFL you must be aggressive in order to get where you want to go! ( it doesn’t hurt to have a kicker who has made 26 consecutive field goals either) 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Heard a talking head talking about the Raiders QB Carr & how he’s playing much more aggressively now, he said & I agree: in today’s NFL you must be aggressive in order to get where you want to go! ( it doesn’t hurt to have a kicker who has made 26 consecutive field goals either) 
[Image: 58807355.jpg]

oops sorry,  wrong thread?  or maybe not..... thanks for the kicker reminder. :p

Quote: @Zanary said:

LOL.  Pretty sure the offense was clicking in the first half because we were pounding the rock.  

Cant even be mad about the kicker jab, we deserve that