Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the Swiss cheese Vikings D wasted this.....
Rashod Hill held Chandler Jones to zero tackles, sacks, and TFLs.

And while I'm at it, I'd like to give MB some credit: he thought they'd play better, the O-line would play better and they did. I'm sure he didn't forecast the D playing quite as poorly as they did. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
And while I'm at it, I'd like to give MB some credit: he thought they'd play better, the O-line would play better and they did. I'm sure he didn't forecast the D playing quite as poorly as they did. 
Well thanks. Rather have the win. But yeah, only Viking fans can predict an absolute blow out and then bitch about our performance in a game we should've won. Shut out Chandler Jones, Picked Murray twice, gave up only 1 sack while Hunter himself got three, penalized only 3 times, Dalvin ran for 150. Clearly they cleaned up the mess from week 1. That's the good thing. 

Bad thing is we couldn't stop Murray. Like I said last week, defense is nearly irrelevant against a QB like that. If that's another QB, Vikings probably win this by 20. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Well thanks. Rather have the win. But yeah, only Viking fans can predict an absolute blow out and then bitch about our performance in a game we should've won. Shut out Chandler Jones, Picked Murray twice, gave up only 1 sack while Hunter himself got three, penalized only 3 times, Dalvin ran for 150. Clearly they cleaned up the mess from week 1. That's the good thing. 

Bad thing is we couldn't stop Murray. Like I said last week, defense is nearly irrelevant against a QB like that. If that's another QB, Vikings probably win this by 20. 

Or they just find a different way to lose... but seriously,   Murray isn't a unicorn,   there are plenty of mobile QBs on the schedule and if this team is going to do anything Zimmer needs a better plan or he needs to let the O just go out and try and outscore them.  They get Wilson next week and Mayfield the following,  2  more QBs that make as many plays off script as they do out of the play book.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Or they just find a different way to lose... but seriously,   Murray isn't a unicorn,   there are plenty of mobile QBs on the schedule and if this team is going to do anything Zimmer needs a better plan or he needs to let the O just go out and try and outscore them.  They get Wilson next week and Mayfield the following,  2  more QBs that make as many plays off script as they do out of the play book.  
Nope, totally different players. Neither of those QBs is the human joystick Murray is. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Nope, totally different players. Neither of those QBs is the human joystick Murray is. 
But this team makes backups look all world so Wilson and Mayfield are definitely concerns. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Whats the record vs Wilson and the squaks under Zimmer?  

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Vikings have lost the last 7 games against Seattle going back to 2012. Z has been the HC since 2014. So I think he's 0-5? 

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I suspect it's not very good. He might be the NFL's best QB. Still, he's not the weapon Murray is.