Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Rick go get a QB?

[Image: BgCr4vnl_normal.jpg]
The #Vikings will work out Jackson Erdmann again tomorrow, a source says. He spent time this summer training with Adam Thielen, Chad Beebe, C.J. Ham, Tyler Johnson, Nate Stanley, Kellen Mond and others in the Twin Cities.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
I'd stick with Browning. I think we're better off with him, knowing the offense inside and out, than a Bortle-ish veteran who doesn't.

What's more, this is Browning's 3rd season. After Kirk "fucking moron" Cousins, there's probably nobody better suited to run this offense than Jake Browning. 

Also, people forget that Browning was a 5-star recruit, then as a Sophomore, he was a Heisman finalist who received a bit of 1st round buzz, but chose to stay in school. Shoulder injury/surgery the next season put an end to all that, but the kid can play. 

I'd rather take my chances with him in a play-it-safe, game-manager role than some veteran pick machine like Bortles. 
I'll take the guy who has had an actual NFL snap. I'm not certain Browning can be effective more than 15 yards downfield.

Regardless, Kirk Fucking Moron Cousins has put his own interests in front of the team, the entire organization, and the fans. 5 day quarantine isn't going to help matters. What a fucking selfish prick.
Is Tom Brady vaccinated?  Aaron Rodgers?  Josh Allen?  Are they all fucking morons and selfish pricks?

Quote: Is Tom Brady vaccinated?  Aaron Rodgers?  Josh Allen?  Are they all fucking morons and selfish pricks?
Are you seriously asking?   Is the sky blue???

Quote: @rf54 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
I'd stick with Browning. I think we're better off with him, knowing the offense inside and out, than a Bortle-ish veteran who doesn't.

What's more, this is Browning's 3rd season. After Kirk "fucking moron" Cousins, there's probably nobody better suited to run this offense than Jake Browning. 

Also, people forget that Browning was a 5-star recruit, then as a Sophomore, he was a Heisman finalist who received a bit of 1st round buzz, but chose to stay in school. Shoulder injury/surgery the next season put an end to all that, but the kid can play. 

I'd rather take my chances with him in a play-it-safe, game-manager role than some veteran pick machine like Bortles. 
I'll take the guy who has had an actual NFL snap. I'm not certain Browning can be effective more than 15 yards downfield.

Regardless, Kirk Fucking Moron Cousins has put his own interests in front of the team, the entire organization, and the fans. 5 day quarantine isn't going to help matters. What a fucking selfish prick.
Is Tom Brady vaccinated?  Aaron Rodgers?  Josh Allen?  Are they all fucking morons and selfish pricks?
Well, yeah. 

The rules are in favor of players who are vaccinated. By not being vaccinated, you are potentially putting your team at a competitive disadvantage.

The primary driver against vaccination has been political. 
The stance is nobody can tell them what to do with their bodies, even if that decision can impact another human life. Wonder how Kirk feels about abortion?

Quote: @claykenny said:
@rf54 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Well, yeah. 

The rules are in favor of players who are vaccinated. By not being vaccinated, you are potentially putting your team at a competitive disadvantage.

The stance is nobody can tell them what to do with their bodies, even if that decision can impact another human life. Wonder how Kirk feels about abortion?
I missed it where any of the unvaccinated have made any political statements or other that would give any indication as to what is leading them to go without the vaccine.

Jake Browning was the only QB available for the Vikings' night practice at TCO Stadium on Saturday. He took advantage of the unique opportunity and impressed with a strong performance, but the Vikings don't want to be stuck with one QB for any further practices.
As a high-risk close contact due to being unvaccinated, Cousins has to isolate for five days, meaning the earliest he can return to practice is Thursday. Stanley is also believed to be unvaccinated, which is why he had to isolate as well. Browning is vaccinated and therefore did not have to isolate, per NFL protocols.
Cookus, 25, played his college football at FCS program Northern Arizona, throwing for over 12,000 yards with a 105/21 touchdown to interception ratio. He signed with the Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2020 but was waived in August. He briefly spent time with the Broncos earlier this year and has also worked out for the Cowboys recently.
Erdmann is a local kid. The Rosemount native starred at St. John's University, a D-III school that also produced offensive lineman Ben Bartch, a fourth-round pick by the Jaguars in 2020. The 6'4" Erdmann put up ridiculous numbers in the MIAC, with back-to-back seasons of 47 touchdown passes in 2018 and 2019. As a senior, he also passed for over 5,000 yards.
Since then, Erdmann has played in the Fan Controlled Football league for the Wild Aces, winning the championship of that league in its inaugural season. He worked out at Minnesota's pro day earlier this year, trained with Adam Thielen and other Vikings players this summer, and also worked out for the Vikings last weekend when they needed a QB to throw to Dede Westbrook. After the news about the Vikings losing three QBs to COVID protocols came out, Erdmann took to Twitter to tell the team he was available. Now he'll get his wish of another workout.
The Vikings will have at least one open roster spot when they put Bisi Johnson on injured reserve, and could have more space if Cousins goes on the Reserve/COVID list. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Vikings simply cut Stanley, given that he's clearly been the fourth-best QB in training camp so far. It's not worth it to have an unvaccinated QB4.
Monday is the first day of padded practices for the Vikings. At least one of Cookus and Erdmann will presumably sign a contract and be out there for practice after their workout.

Quote: @rf54 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Let me quote Charles Barkley.

"Anyone who isn't vaccinated is an asshole"

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:

his own interests  he has the right as a person not to put a experimental drug in his body  that  his choice you have yours  he has his 

[Image: 9u9myevup122.jpeg]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@claykenny said:
@rf54 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Well, yeah. 

I missed it where any of the unvaccinated have made any political statements or other that would give any indication as to what is leading them to go without the vaccine.
Yeah, really hard to pinpoint where Kirk stands and what’s driving his decisions.
“I have peace,” Cousins said. “I don’t believe that I control the outcome of my life. There’s many things out of my control. But obviously, my faith is at the foundation of my life. I trust the Lord to handle things. If something happens, I trust him to have a plan and purpose and to use even a pain, a setback, adversity, to use that to help grow me and teach me more about him.”
On the podcast, Cousins was asked by Brandt, "If 1 is the person who says, ‘Masks are stupid, you’re all a bunch of lemmings’ and 10 is, ‘I’m not leaving my master bathroom for the next 10 years,’ where do you land?"
Cousins answered: "I’m not going to call anybody stupid, for the trouble it could get me in, but I’m about a .000001."