Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courtney Cronin
The only 2 Vikings beat reporters who break news are Tomasson and Goessling. That’s the most important criteria. Cronin, Krammer, Coller and the rest simply report what’s already out there. Zimmer does hate Chris, but that’s because he’ll ask tough questions as opposed to cozying up. I would think that you want press with critical analysis instead of becoming Vikings Pravda.

it might be critical, but I don't see much analysis in his work.  

When anointing these great writers, one has to include Zulgad, no…!?  Wink B)  

Quote: @kmillard said:
Wow, Steven Tyler looks like one of the old church ladies I remember as a kid).
More like an old barfly who still picks up drunk Packer fans after 1:00am and a loss...or win...

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Lee 19 said:
Kay Adams and Charissa Thompson didn’t get hired for their in-depth football knowledge. 
Both are actually very smart. Clearly you didn't pay attention to when I talked about who was doing the hiring because that is where you would get your motivation for the hiring. I listened to both on podcasts and they were good. There are others that are hired for being controversial. Thanks for your insight. Maybe you could start a gossip blog. 
Both Adams and Thompson, like Cronin really know football. Just saying Lee

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Steven Tyler looks like he just asked to speak to the manager.
Now known as Karen Tyler...

The OP isn't even worth commenting on, but I'm no fan of Cronin. And you can throw Mackey and Judd in that group too. 

Listened to their podcasts quite a bit last January and February. Neither of them seemed to have a clue about free agency, the salary cap or the draft. 

They all seemed focused mostly on how Zimmer and Spielman were on the hot seat with ownership...how Cousins contract was stifling the organization...and how we should "jump at the chance" to trade Cousins for Jimmy G...and how the Vikings should tear it all down to rebuild because we were 2 or 3 years from contending....and how the fact that we were $11M over the cap meant that we would not be adding any free agents...and how the Vikings would have to trade Hunter because they couldn't afford to keep him...because of Cousins...and $11M over....and....yada yada yada...

I was just like OK, these guys are stupid and I'm not going to listen anymore. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The OP isn't even worth commenting on, but I'm no fan of Cronin. And you can throw Mackey and Judd in that group too. 

Listened to their podcasts quite a bit last January and February. Neither of them seemed to have a clue about free agency, the salary cap or the draft. 

They all seemed focused mostly on how Zimmer and Spielman were on the hot seat with ownership...how Cousins contract was stifling the organization...and how we should "jump at the chance" to trade Cousins for Jimmy G...and how the Vikings should tear it all down to rebuild because we were 2 or 3 years from contending....and how the fact that we were $11M over the cap meant that we would not be adding any free agents...and how the Vikings would have to trade Hunter because they couldn't afford to keep him...because of Cousins...and $11M over....and....yada yada yada...

So she is a decent in coverage but not good in run support?  I think many reporters struggle in the offseason when they have to make up shit to write on.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

So she is a decent in coverage but not good in run support?  I think many reporters struggle in the offseason when they have to make up shit to write on.  
She's great in coverage. As a beat reporter who covers pressers and what's happening at OTA's, camp, etc., she's one of the better ones IMO.

It's when she offers an opinion that she loses all credibility. 

Only 2 beat reporters who ever break a story are Tomasson and Goessling.