• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings win draft day trade
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
It was nerve-wracking but there was some luck in the way the board fell and that Darrisaw was still there. 
I was oddly calm. Never in my wildest did I think it would turn out this well. 

I didn't think your Samsung was going to survive the trade down.  I know mine almost didn't 
Maybe it's age. Maybe it's wisdom. Maybe it's faith in Rick. I just never got amped up at all. Nothing. Flat line. Once Slater went, I wanted a trade down. 
That brings up another point in that if Slater was the tipping point and the reason for the trade down, why are we letting him get selected to a team picking immediately before us? I know trades take two to tango, but if he was "our guy" and you know the Chargers need a tackle...why are we letting that happen? Same could of happened last year with Jefferson but luckily Howie Roseman is a moron and we were saved by that and that alone 
Yeah, but it's never all or nothing. From all accounts, Vikings did try to trade up, just couldn't find any takers at a price the Vikings were willing to spend. In other words, they may have had Slater higher, but not higher ENOUGH over Darrisaw, AVT, Phillips, etc., to justify what it would've cost. 
They had Sewell way above the rest of the O-lineman but to your point Slater/Darrisaw/AVT were all spaced closely. Depending who you asked they tried to make a move up the board, but the answer was it was more for Fields that Sewell. They were very much in on Trey Lance & Fields and if the 49ers would have went Mac Jones at #3 the Vikings would have gone home with one of the two. The way picks 9-12 fell also played a big factor. The Giants were going to take Devonta Smith before the Eagles jumped them. The Cowboys weren't trading down again, nor were the Chargers passing on Slater or AVT. So it easily could have gone: 

#10 - Parson 
#11 - Smith 
#12 - Slater
#13 - AVT
#14 - Fields 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
It was nerve-wracking but there was some luck in the way the board fell and that Darrisaw was still there. 
I was oddly calm. Never in my wildest did I think it would turn out this well. 

I didn't think your Samsung was going to survive the trade down.  I know mine almost didn't 
Maybe it's age. Maybe it's wisdom. Maybe it's faith in Rick. I just never got amped up at all. Nothing. Flat line. Once Slater went, I wanted a trade down. 
That brings up another point in that if Slater was the tipping point and the reason for the trade down, why are we letting him get selected to a team picking immediately before us? I know trades take two to tango, but if he was "our guy" and you know the Chargers need a tackle...why are we letting that happen? Same could of happened last year with Jefferson but luckily Howie Roseman is a moron and we were saved by that and that alone 
Yeah, but it's never all or nothing. From all accounts, Vikings did try to trade up, just couldn't find any takers at a price the Vikings were willing to spend. In other words, they may have had Slater higher, but not higher ENOUGH over Darrisaw, AVT, Phillips, etc., to justify what it would've cost. 
They had Sewell way above the rest of the O-lineman but to your point Slater/Darrisaw/AVT were all spaced closely. Depending who you asked they tried to make a move up the board, but the answer was it was more for Fields that Sewell. They were very much in on Trey Lance & Fields and if the 49ers would have went Mac Jones at #3 the Vikings would have gone home with one of the two. The way picks 9-12 fell also played a big factor. The Giants were going to take Devonta Smith before the Eagles jumped them. The Cowboys weren't trading down again, nor were the Chargers passing on Slater or AVT. So it easily could have gone: 

#10 - Parson 
#11 - Smith 
#12 - Slater
#13 - AVT
#14 - Fields 
Glad it didn't.