Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24+ Hours Out
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1387404020864671748
Kind of supports what we heard right after the trade that they were undecided but made the move for the opportunity to get first choice of remaining,  or that some pro day results turned their heads.

About the last 6 or so mocks I've seen have us taking AVT @ #14.

Hill I'll die on: Rousseau at #27 is a far better value. Send the Ravens the #14 and a third, come away with their two 1s. 

Rousseau and Jenkins/Moehrig/WR

Andrew Mason
@MaseDenver
· 29m
.@PFN365’s @TonyPauline says on a media conference call that he thinks the Dolphins would be willing to move down and make a deal with Denver to go from 6 to 9. Pauline notes that the Dolphins don’t want to move down that far; they want to stay in the top 12.
This trade makes a ton of sense for both teams if Pitts and Chase go 4-5

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Bizarre to me that we're 24 hours away from the draft and Jax is still comparing QBs and Shanahan is apparently undecided. At least publicly. 
I don't believe that they are undecided. They are trying to generate stories.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
Bizarre to me that we're 24 hours away from the draft and Jax is still comparing QBs and Shanahan is apparently undecided. At least publicly. 
I dunno. I think Shanny real wants Jones and Lynch wants Lance. If Shanny is a Cousins fan boi, isn't Mac the younger version of his unrequited love?

@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
I dunno. I think Shanny real wants Jones and Lynch wants Lance. If Shanny is a Cousins fan boi, isn't Mac the younger version of his unrequited love?
That's what I think too. If they were 100% sold on Jones there would be no harm in saying so. No one's going to jump ahead of them for anyone, let alone Mac Jones. 

[Image: cz9jlh978p4u.jpeg]

Be like Russ...trade up...

What I’m hearing about the Minnesota Vikings on the eve of the 2021 NFL Draft
[Image: GettyImages-1068982328-1024x683.jpg]
By Chad Graff 2h ago[Image: comment-icon@2x.png] 15 [Image: save-icon@2x.png]
The long and drawn-out process that leads up to the NFL Draft finally culminates Thursday when the first picks are made. But if the few months of speculation leading to the draft feel elongated, the week before the draft can seem especially extended.
In these last few days and hours, conversations pick up around the league, but it can be hard to decipher what is real and what are smokescreens either from scouts trying to hide what their team is doing or from agents trying to stir up the demand for their players. With all of that said, let’s empty the digital notebook on the eve of the draft with a look at what I’m hearing about the Vikings.
The Vikings love Rashawn Slater …And to be honest, who doesn’t? In the last month, there has been increased chatter that some around the league actually view the Northwestern offensive tackle as the top player at his position ahead of Oregon’s Penei Sewell, the presumptive top tackle for the last year. While I’m not sure if the Vikings are one of the teams that have Slater graded ahead of Sewell, they really like Slater.
This is an important point to keep in mind when viewing any prospect through the lens of what the Vikings might think: Rick Spielman loves to see how a prospect fares against his toughest collegiate competition. That’s part of why the Vikings drafted Garrett Bradbury, who played very well against Clemson, and, as Spielman noted in our story earlier this week, why he always had a high grade for Justin Jefferson. And when thinking about that aspect, Slater checks the box in a major way.
Slater opted out for the 2020 season but had his best 2019 performance against Ohio State’s Chase Young, the NFL’s 2020 defensive rookie of the year, when they faced off in college. Young managed one sack that game and only two tackles.
But that’s not the only reason the Vikings are high on Slater. He’s athletic enough to play in their zone-rushing scheme and powerful enough to manage against some of the elite edge rushers the Vikings play twice a year in the NFC North. There’s a reason some teams have Slater ahead of Sewell on their boards.
Spielman attended Slater’s pro day, something he tried to do with prospects he’s considering who sat out the 2020 season.
You left off the rest of the article where he predicts they will take AVT at 14 and that trading up was only a 10% possibility in his mind. He also thinks Rick will attempt to trade up in the 2nd to grab an Edge Rusher. 

I think the 49'ers know exactly who they're taking. It's just drama unfolding, exactly how the NFL wants it. With it widely known that Jax is taking Lawrence and the Jets going with Wilson, I bet the league made sure teams don't make their intentions known.

Maybe it's not fair, but Justin Fields makes me nervous due to the poor track record of Ohio State QBs in the NFL. I know he should be viewed as his own person, but is there any reason to believe he's different than their previous highly touted QBs who were busts in the NFL? I don't mind the idea of drafting a QB, but I was hoping for someone in the 3rd and 4th round, which maybe isn't reasonable since QB prospects often seem to get bumped up a round or more.