Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24+ Hours Out
Apparently Doogie and Jud mentioned in their podcast that the Vikings have inquired about moving up to Atlanta's spot, presumably to select Fields. Cost was prohibitive. 

With Mannion still not signed, we have only Stanley and Browning as backups. This might be the year we spend significant draft capital on a QB. Next year's QB class looks tepid. 

Hmm. I'd be a lot more dubious about that rumor if it didn't come from Doogie. He's usually very dialed in. And of course its going to cost prohibitive to move up to #4, you either need to take the swing if you feel strongly about it or else keep the pine on your shoulder and watch the ball whizz past. 

I'm a fan that's ok with the organization taking a swing for the fences. It comes with risk and they might get the shitty end of the stick when its all said and done. So....what else is new? 1977. 1977.....that's the last time the Vikings were in a Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine if they stay at #14, I'm just saying I won't bitch at all if they get a little kooky and try to move way up. Or less kooky and move up not as far for Sewell. 

A move up for Fields would make me nervous...

A move up for Lance or Wilson would make me happy...

A move up @ all by the Vikings would shock the s hit out of me...

Is the word "presumably" his or yours? Because that's a lot to presume. Every team is making calls to gauge the cost of moving up and down. But moving from 14 to 4? That would cost the moon. 

MIA sent PHI #12, a fourth rounder, and a 2022 first to move to 6. 

So our cost would be something like #14, a third, a fourth, and 2022 first. Expensive!

But if Jones goes 3, Pitts goes 4, and Chase goes 5 and we can jump DET and have our pick of Fields or Lance I’d do that deal for sure. 

Most of you probably think that’s insane and that’s ok. But like Sticky said, 50 years of HOF RBs, HOF WRs, elite defenses, and 0 trophies. I’m tired of the “stars align and now we have a high-pressure 1-2 year window to win before we fall back to earth” approach. I’m ready to root for the chosen one dangit!

All that said, I’m good with OL at #14 too. Excited for the draft!

EDIT- Paying less to move up and still getting a QB would obviously preferable but no way Detroit trades with us, CAR maybe, DEN maybe. I’m sure RS has talked to all of them but all 3 could be wanting QB as well.

EDIT 2- If we did this huge move up and take Sewell over a Lance I promise to melt down on this board and you can all giggle at what a sad clown I am (more than usual).

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Is the word "presumably" his or yours? Because that's a lot to presume. Every team is making calls to gauge the cost of moving up and down. But moving from 14 to 4? That would cost the moon. 
Mine. I didn't actually hear the podcast, so I'm relying on non check marked tweeters.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Apparently Doogie and Jud mentioned in their podcast that the Vikings have inquired about moving up to Atlanta's spot, presumably to select Fields. Cost was prohibitive. 

With Mannion still not signed, we have only Stanley and Browning as backups. This might be the year we spend significant draft capital on a QB. Next year's QB class looks tepid. 
So I'm not crazy when I said they've talked with pretty much everyone after pick #4?  :p

Would differ that it isn't for Fields though. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
Mine. I didn't actually hear the podcast, so I'm relying on non check marked tweeters.
Doogie and PA are useful smokers. They're connected and believable. If the Patriots or Bears or whoever think the Vikings might take the 5th QB at 14, they'll need to get ahead of the Vikings. And that would be good for the Vikings if they're targeting another position. 

Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking. Really don't want to take a QB in the first. Why do you bring in P2 and Woods and Mack, all on one-year contracts, if you're going to spend your 1st round pick on a player that won't help you in '21?