Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will biden be asked any tough questions today
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:
President Biden has been busy cleaning up a lot of messes. He didn't have the cooperation and collaboration of the former guy. There was no peaceful transition of power. Several agencies were scaled back and damaged. Not that Trump would have been helpful anyway, but Biden had to get things in order in the midst of a pandemic. He has done a lot of work already. So a presser can take place instead of golfing every other weekend. Trump had a lot of press conferences but he didn't say much because he didn't do much. He wanted the pomp and circumstance. He was too busy rage tweeting. But there is an adult in the room now so there will be none of that. I will listen to it later. 
The back up at the boarder has a lot to do with the disassembly of the HHS infrastructure.  The only one's spreading the message the borders are open are the GOP and Coyotes, one for money one to create problems.  These people left months ago, they just figure Biden is humane so it makes the sale.  Heard some numbers today that compared to last year, in the same amount of time there is 10K less across the border.  Unsubstantiated, would like to hear more.
It's crazy how the clusterfuck of 4 years is being compared to 2 months. There is just no comparison. There is a lot of rebuilding to do. There is organization that is ongoing. There is also a lot of changes that are needed. I will give it some time in order to evaluate. It is amazing how the vaccinations are getting done though. The loss of HHS infrastructure is huge and there is definitely a ripple effect from it. Getting more and more qualified people on the job will help.
Yeah, it is a welcome change, I don't always open the paper expecting the worst.  Any bit of success brings these folks in mass, the echo corps, out in full bluster, they just need someone to lead them in a chant.  Got to back off this board, it brings to mind the George Bernard Shaw quote about both getting dirty but only one likes it.  
Care to guess why that's pretty ironic?

(hint: if the press doesn't like you, "the worst" will always be the slant)

@Vikergirl said:
President Biden has been busy cleaning up a lot of messes. He didn't have the cooperation and collaboration of the former guy. There was no peaceful transition of power. Several agencies were scaled back and damaged. Not that Trump would have been helpful anyway, but Biden had to get things in order in the midst of a pandemic. He has done a lot of work already. So a presser can take place instead of golfing every other weekend. Trump had a lot of press conferences but he didn't say much because he didn't do much. He wanted the pomp and circumstance. He was too busy rage tweeting. But there is an adult in the room now so there will be none of that. I will listen to it later. 
The back up at the boarder has a lot to do with the disassembly of the HHS infrastructure.  The only one's spreading the message the borders are open are the GOP and Coyotes, one for money one to create problems.  These people left months ago, they just figure Biden is humane so it makes the sale.  Heard some numbers today that compared to last year, in the same amount of time there is 10K less across the border.  Unsubstantiated, would like to hear more.
Hmm, look at the numbers here: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/south...encounters

Feb 2020  36,687     Feb 2021  100,441     Net increase  +63,754

Certainly not a decrease!

Quote: @Zanary said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:
It's crazy how the clusterfuck of 4 years is being compared to 2 months. There is just no comparison. There is a lot of rebuilding to do. There is organization that is ongoing. There is also a lot of changes that are needed. I will give it some time in order to evaluate. It is amazing how the vaccinations are getting done though. The loss of HHS infrastructure is huge and there is definitely a ripple effect from it. Getting more and more qualified people on the job will help.
Yeah, it is a welcome change, I don't always open the paper expecting the worst.  Any bit of success brings these folks in mass, the echo corps, out in full bluster, they just need someone to lead them in a chant.  Got to back off this board, it brings to mind the George Bernard Shaw quote about both getting dirty but only one likes it.  
Care to guess why that's pretty ironic?

(hint: if the press doesn't like you, "the worst" will always be the slant)
I suppose it's relative, I should have said the same subject.  But that was Trumps goal, and his skill.  That was a Roy Cohn tactic, bad press is free.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:
Hmm, look at the numbers here: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/south...encounters

Nice page, did you adjust any of the filters, allows you to drill down on the data.   Compare it to 2019 the year before the Pandemic and it's a lot closer.  I think that is a better comparison, unless you think that was a Trump border policy .  Do you have any statistics on how many are being processed and in custody, I cant find those.  Title 42 is the expulsions because of the pandemic and Title 8 is the normal border processing.     I cant import the graphic for some reason, but look at it, change the filters an tell me what you think.   

Nationwide Enforcement Encounters: Title 8 Enforcement Actions and Title 42 Expulsions | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)

I'm so tired of this.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:

The .gov has spent +$5,000,000,000,000 on covid alone.  I sure as shit hope the slice HHS got could get a vaccination rollout going. 

Give orange man some credit.  The bigly pile of money he gave the pharmaceutical industry got us at least 3 vaccines and likely a 4th all of which got FDA emergency authorization +3 years faster then the fastest approval of a vaccine ever.   Dude said and did some messed up things but he got us vaccines in record time. 
For the nth time Pfizer did not receive any money from Trump's Operation Warp Speed to produce the vaccine. They had a 1.95 billion deal (to buy the vaccine). The deal was only valid if Pfizer delivered the vaccine. They were part of Operation Warp speed as a supplier.
Moderna did benefit from Warp speed but there were also other significant donors.
But hey why bother with the truth when lies would tell a better story.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.
You can add me to that list. 

@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:

Nice page, did you adjust any of the filters, allows you to drill down on the data.   Compare it to 2019 the year before the Pandemic and it's a lot closer.  I think that is a better comparison, unless you think that was a Trump border policy .  Do you have any statistics on how many are being processed and in custody, I cant find those.  Title 42 is the expulsions because of the pandemic and Title 8 is the normal border processing.     I cant import the graphic for some reason, but look at it, change the filters an tell me what you think.   

Nationwide Enforcement Encounters: Title 8 Enforcement Actions and Title 42 Expulsions | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)
No filters changed (default is all).  I scrolled down for the most recent data and  compared year over year for February.   There also was a large increase also for January FY2021 over January FY2020 and December FY2020 over FY2020.  The page I referred to will breakdown (and graph) by section 8, section 42, and all.  I was referring to the all output.  The above are the only data I could find, would be good to see the number processed, number returned, number expelled, summarizing separating for minors and adults.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.
No minds will be changed. Just angry rhetoric is all we are left with. Wait until Trump starts his own social media platform.....truth will no longer exist, only the perception thereof. Science will be 'debunked'. Idiocracy will be in full bloom. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.
No minds will be changed. Just angry rhetoric is all we are left with. Wait until Trump starts his own social media platform.....truth will no longer exist, only the perception thereof. Science will be 'debunked'. Idiocracy will be in full bloom. 

So what will change?  Not a lot of truth out there now with the liberal owned social media and their fact checkers.  Face it,  our truthful media/news sources have been gone for far longer than can be blamed on Trump.