Immigration....
Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
See these leaked pictures from the border...  Biden has some explaining to do...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56491941
Yes he does. And I agree with you. I hope you notice the difference. In the Trump era it was OK to not have an explanation because the immigrants were "bad" and "unwanted". So it's strange how today we are all clamoring for an explanation (which we have always deserved and should have). So the question now is, why was Trump not held accountable? This does not absolve Biden from explaining. I am sure you see the double standard expressed on this forum.
You keep circling back to Trump, FYI, he's gone.  This is Biden's error.  He and the Democrat party own it.  Where's the most transparent administration ever?  Pictures had to be leaked by a Democrat to get the truth of the border situation.  Biden deserves all the heat...  The press needs to his hold his feet to the fire and no early departures allowed from the press conference. We're battling a pandemic and Biden's policies have lead to overcrowding and release of migrants without testing.   Biden did say it was gonna be a dark winter relative to covid but didn't say his border policies would negatively impact efforts to reduce the spread.  Nice super spreader event at the border!
It's not circle back. I am calling out the people on this forum who did not see anything wrong when Trump was in office. It's calling out BS when it is obvious. Biden does deserve the head but the people who spent time shielding Trump from any blame should be the least holding Biden accountable. That is the BS I am calling out. I thought some/many of "them" said the virus was a hoax? Now you are concerned about super spreader event? You should have thought of that when people were hosting numerous parties at the white house. Again spot the BS?
Apparently, Trump clearly lives rent free in your head...  He's done, he's gone... We have new bad decisions which need to criticized...Turn your ire on the current president who has done nothing to earn respect.  Whose name is on the migrant t-shirts, Trump or Biden?  You know the answer and you know which administration has triggered this mass migration and created a super spreader event.  Biden says follow the science...  Does the science say overfill facilities with people from multiple locations, hold in an incubator for sufficient spread, no testing, and allow to go anywhere in the country?  Hello no!  The Science party is messing up!  Hold their feet to the fire and let the past be past.

BTW, I am not a Trump supporter and did not vote for him in two elections.  The Dem's best chance in get my vote but then they nominate Hillary and Joe... No way...
There is a difference between rambling and constructive discourse. You chose the former so permit me not paying attention to it.
The tried and true excuse "I did not vote for him". That always works.
Nice dodge, mblack.  You always revert to a whataboutism arguement but fail to address the issue at hand. Biden and his failed immigration decisions which are a real black eye for our country. Fine, I expected your response, your usual mo.  Have a great day!
Biden has been in power for 1.5 months. If you are going to pass judgment about an administration at least wait till the administration is in office. He has barely had his staff in place. He cant get his staff in place because of the ridiculous stalling in the senate by the republicans. Again in as much as I agree that Biden needs to answer questions I also am reasonable enough to wait for him to at least roll out his policies or have his people in place.
You cant criticize or at least say someone failed when they have not even started. So like I said go ahead compare 4 years to 1.5 months
This is not whataboutism this is fact. 

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
See these leaked pictures from the border...  Biden has some explaining to do...
Yes he does. And I agree with you. I hope you notice the difference. In the Trump era it was OK to not have an explanation because the immigrants were "bad" and "unwanted". So it's strange how today we are all clamoring for an explanation (which we have always deserved and should have). So the question now is, why was Trump not held accountable? This does not absolve Biden from explaining. I am sure you see the double standard expressed on this forum.
You keep circling back to Trump, FYI, he's gone.  This is Biden's error.  He and the Democrat party own it.  Where's the most transparent administration ever?  Pictures had to be leaked by a Democrat to get the truth of the border situation.  Biden deserves all the heat...  The press needs to his hold his feet to the fire and no early departures allowed from the press conference. We're battling a pandemic and Biden's policies have lead to overcrowding and release of migrants without testing.   Biden did say it was gonna be a dark winter relative to covid but didn't say his border policies would negatively impact efforts to reduce the spread.  Nice super spreader event at the border!
It's not circle back. I am calling out the people on this forum who did not see anything wrong when Trump was in office. It's calling out BS when it is obvious. Biden does deserve the head but the people who spent time shielding Trump from any blame should be the least holding Biden accountable. That is the BS I am calling out. I thought some/many of "them" said the virus was a hoax? Now you are concerned about super spreader event? You should have thought of that when people were hosting numerous parties at the white house. Again spot the BS?
Apparently, Trump clearly lives rent free in your head...  He's done, he's gone... We have new bad decisions which need to criticized...Turn your ire on the current president who has done nothing to earn respect.  Whose name is on the migrant t-shirts, Trump or Biden?  You know the answer and you know which administration has triggered this mass migration and created a super spreader event.  Biden says follow the science...  Does the science say overfill facilities with people from multiple locations, hold in an incubator for sufficient spread, no testing, and allow to go anywhere in the country?  Hello no!  The Science party is messing up!  Hold their feet to the fire and let the past be past.

BTW, I am not a Trump supporter and did not vote for him in two elections.  The Dem's best chance in get my vote but then they nominate Hillary and Joe... No way...
There is a difference between rambling and constructive discourse. You chose the former so permit me not paying attention to it.
Nice dodge, mblack.  You always revert to a whataboutism arguement but fail to address the issue at hand. Biden and his failed immigration decisions which are a real black eye for our country. Fine, I expected your response, your usual mo.  Have a great day!
Biden has been in power for 1.5 months. If you are going to pass judgment about an administration at least wait till the administration is in office. He has barely had his staff in place. He cant get his staff in place because of the ridiculous stalling in the senate by the republicans. Again in as much as I agree that Biden needs to answer questions I also am reasonable enough to wait for him to at least roll out his policies or have his people in place.
You cant criticize or at least say someone failed when they have not even started. So like I said go ahead compare 4 years to 1.5 months

The moment the dude won the election the caravans started up again.  They started up again because he said he was going to change the Trump policies which kept them at bay.  I have absolutely no problem allowing migrants into the country.  But they need to come the right way just like our forefathers did. This thief in the night shit where they just flood into the country needs to be stopped.  They need to be accounted for.  Assigned the proper documentation and relocate where they can become productive citizens. 

@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:

Jan 20th - Mar 25th = 1.5 months.  

Nuff said.  You can't even count.  

Ridiculous stalling?  He is on a faster pace than Trump.

Maybe the 1.5 months is taking off time for napping.

Ye@"mblack" said:
Quote:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:

Yes, in 1.5 months he has created this disaster at the border.  We don't need 4 years to call it a bad idea.  We are in the middle of a pandemic and he has no concern over the covid status of migrants entering the country, spread in detention centers, or their release to go anywhere in the country.  Big fail on prevention of covid spread and on immigration.  This issue is totally on the Biden administration with his Executive Orders in his first week in office.  He can't blame his EO on the Republicans.  He wrote them (supposedly) and signed them.  It's all his, no excuses.

Yes, in 1.5 months he has created this disaster at the border.  We don't need 4 years to call it a bad idea.  We are in the middle of a pandemic and he has no concern over the covid status of migrants entering the country, spread in detention centers, or their release to go anywhere in the country.  Big fail on prevention of covid spread and on immigration.  This issue is totally on the Biden administration with his Executive Orders in his first week in office.  He can't blame his EO on the Republicans.  He wrote them (supposedly) and signed them.  It's all his, no excuses.
Says the same one who stood and watched far worse happen in 4 years but could not spell disaster. Yes carry on.
No one said it was not a bad situation. A disaster was four years of Trump leadership that some of your normalized. I'll wait for you to repeat you did not vote for him as if that means anything.
The irony is you rushing to pass judgment after 1.5 months but were silent for four years when some of us called out how bad it was and still call out the fact that it is not acceptable today.

So please spare me the new found objectivity. You are the one displaying hypocrisy here not me. Your new found compassion is what some of us have displayed for the past four years and got heat from people like you. So again your behavior is the outlier.

Big fail on COVID spread? Really? Last I check 500K people died under Trump's watch and some of you did not cease calling it a hoax. More people have received the vaccine in two months than they received last year. The number of people contracting COVID is less than what it was under Trump but yes it is a disaster to you. COVID cases peaked on Jan 10 (Trump was the absentee president). Since then the numbers have been going down at a rapid rate (I should add) but carry on, it is a big fail for Biden. I am afraid to ask what you consider success or a big win.

You have the audacity to mention EO. Many of Biden's EOs were to roll back many of the stupid EOs Trump signed in the first place. Lets talk executive orders:
  • Clinton: 364(8 years)
  • W Bush: 291 (8 years)
  • Obama: 276 (8 years)
  • Trump: 220 (4 years)
  • Biden: 37
Quote:
'A lot of what Biden has done has been unwinding what Trump had done,' said Kenneth Mayer, a University of Wisconsin-Madison political scientist and expert on presidential powers and executive actions
...Trump’s first executive order, on the day of his inauguration, was directed squarely at unraveling the Affordable Care Act. But presidential decree could not take away what Congress had ordained, and neither could repeated efforts by Republican lawmakers to vote it out of existence.
...Biden had an executive order on that matter, too. On Thursday he ordered the law’s health insurance markets to reopen for a special sign-up window, giving the uninsured a chance to find coverage in a raging pandemic after the Trump administration had refused to take that step.

Source: haaretz.com
Yeah, again I don't remember you raising any issues with Trump's executive orders even though he was averaging 55 EOs a year a pretty high rate. Some in his first day/week in office!
You really are something. It takes a "special" person to come up with your line of reasoning.

In fairness the EOs Idaho is talking about are the ones that fucked up the boarder. 

I know I bitched about EOs. Ive been doing so since Bush 2 created the modern day EO post 9/11 and Obama said “hold my beer”

@"IDVikingfan" said:
Says the same one who stood and watched far worse happen in 4 years but could not spell disaster. Yes carry on.
No one said it was not a bad situation. A disaster was four years of Trump leadership that some of your normalized. I'll wait for you to repeat you did not vote for him as if that means anything.
The irony is you rushing to pass judgment after 1.5 months but were silent for four years when some of us called out how bad it was and still call out the fact that it is not acceptable today.

So please spare me the new found objectivity. You are the one displaying hypocrisy here not me. Your new found compassion is what some of us have displayed for the past four years and got heat from people like you. So again your behavior is the outlier.

Big fail on COVID spread? Really? Last I check 500K people died under Trump's watch and some of you did not cease calling it a hoax. More people have received the vaccine in two months than they received last year. The number of people contracting COVID is less than what it was under Trump but yes it is a disaster to you. COVID cases peaked on Jan 10 (Trump was the absentee president). Since then the numbers have been going down at a rapid rate (I should add) but carry on, it is a big fail for Biden. I am afraid to ask what you consider success or a big win.

You have the audacity to mention EO. Many of Biden's EOs were to roll back many of the stupid EOs Trump signed in the first place. Lets talk executive orders:
Quote:
'A lot of what Biden has done has been unwinding what Trump had done,' said Kenneth Mayer, a University of Wisconsin-Madison political scientist and expert on presidential powers and executive actions
...Trump’s first executive order, on the day of his inauguration, was directed squarely at unraveling the Affordable Care Act. But presidential decree could not take away what Congress had ordained, and neither could repeated efforts by Republican lawmakers to vote it out of existence.
...Biden had an executive order on that matter, too. On Thursday he ordered the law’s health insurance markets to reopen for a special sign-up window, giving the uninsured a chance to find coverage in a raging pandemic after the Trump administration had refused to take that step.

Yeah, again I don't remember you raising any issues with Trump's executive orders even though he was averaging 55 EOs a year a pretty high rate. Some in his first day/week in office!
You really are something. It takes a "special" person to come up with your line of reasoning.
You really need to stay on topic, I was referring to EO's relative to the border and the possibility of covid spread by the migrants being minimally processed, most untested for covid, and released into the US. 

Trump lives rent free inside your head and you cannot discuss anything without bitching about Trump.  Again another whataboutism relative to Trump, your favorite diversionary tactic.  Not taking your Trump bait, go argue about Trump in your mirror.  Your projections about my thinking are so laughable, you do not know me nor my thoughts.  I didn't bitch about Trump on this forum, therefore I must blah, blah, blah   LOL!

@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:

Quote:

You really need to stay on topic, I was referring to EO's relative to the border and the possibility of covid spread by the migrants being minimally processed, most untested for covid, and released into the US. 

Trump lives rent free inside your head and you cannot discuss anything without bitching about Trump.  Again another whataboutism relative to Trump, your favorite diversionary tactic.  Not taking your Trump bait, go argue about Trump in your mirror.  Your projections about my thinking are so laughable, you do not know me nor my thoughts.  I didn't bitch about Trump on this forum, therefore I must blah, blah, blah   LOL!
Point made about data sets, non normalization of data sets will get you killed in peer review.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:

Quote:

Point made about data sets, non normalization of data sets will get you killed in peer review.

LOL, or a big fat grant if you're a "climate change" scientist.