[Image: H6qsjAgZ_bigger.jpg]
Most Touchdown Passes in 2nd Half,
Score Margin of Game within 10 Points,
Since 2018:

Patrick Mahomes (36)

Russell Wilson (36)

Kirk Cousins (33)

Deshaun Watson (30)

How many playoff appearances?  Only 1 time for the dude that has collected 94M from the Vikings thus far.

He is the greatest!

...and this would be an excellent point....if he were a tennis player. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Since 2018:

Patrick Mahomes (36)

Russell Wilson (36)

Kirk Cousins (33)

Deshaun Watson (30)

How many playoff appearances?  Only 1 time for the dude that has collected 94M from the Vikings thus far.

He is the greatest!

It's truly baffling the lack of understanding the basics.

What do the Anti-Kirk folks think of Dan Marino? Not trying to be a smart ass, genuinely curious

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Since 2018:

Patrick Mahomes (36)

Russell Wilson (36)

Kirk Cousins (33)

Deshaun Watson (30)

He is the greatest!

It's truly baffling the lack of understanding the basics.
We shall see how it ends up.

I predict y'all will continue to have ...

99 excuses but the QB ain't 1

... if you need to win a game and need him to do it, you can forget about it.

When is the last time he made a play on his own?

They are so seldom who can remember unless they own his jersey.

It's kind of funny how the Kirk debate has become so divided...  you either love him or hate him (which I don't think is a true representation of either side).

It's become pointless to be honest.  In regards to the question posed in this thread, what's the problem?  It looks to be a great year to draft a QB early and the Vikings are drafting 14...  I think the media is over projecting how high some of these guys go.  I think Fields or Lance could be there between 8-12...  if one or two of these guys drop...  does anyone think Kirk is good enough that we should completely ignore the QB position? I don't. Kirk will be our starter this year (and likely next season), but it's not a terrible idea to think about the future at the most important position in the NFL.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
It's kind of funny how the Kirk debate has become so divided...  you either love him or hate him (which I don't think is a true representation of either side).

It's become pointless to be honest.  In regards to the question posed in this thread, what's the problem?  It looks to be a great year to draft a QB early and the Vikings are drafting 14...  I think the media is over projecting how high some of these guys go.  I think Fields or Lance could be there between 8-12...  if one or two of these guys drop...  does anyone think Kirk is good enough that we should completely ignore the QB position? I don't. Kirk will be our starter this year (and likely next season), but it's not a terrible idea to think about the future at the most important position in the NFL.
I wonder what this says about the QB ...

[Image: ujd76h73lkv4.png]

Kirk Cousins in 2nd Half of Gms,
Score Margin Within 10pts,
Since 2015:

651/983 = 66.2% Comp

7,920 Passing Yards
 59 Passing TDs
 27 INTs

99.4 Passer Rating
 6 Rushing TDs
 8.1 Yards/Att
The stat that is glaring here and being glossed over is the 2-1 pick ratio and the 27 interceptions during crunch time! I would be more interested in the win/loss record of these games, because that is all that matters along with his record in big games overall, which we all know where that falls.  

In addition, the 10 point margin stat is very misleading, because how many times have we been behind by 2 scores with less than 5 minutes and the opponent is playing prevent and Kirk turns into an all world QB for a meaningless end of the game score.  

Kirk is a decent QB and capable of lighting it up, but you know what you are going to get, 9-7 at best or he could lead you to a 1-5 start like last year.  The ceiling is not high, so if you are good with getting beat up by GB and Chicago, but turning it up against the Lions every year, then he is your guy.  

Kirk lead us to a 1-5 start?

The D gave up 32 a game!

Lol.

Kirk lead us to a 1-5 start?

The D gave up 32 a game!

Lol.
Anyone who claims to know anything about football would have known that based on the roster the front office put together on the defensive side of the ball, they would struggle out the gate.

No corner with more than 5 starts.  No Hunter.  No Pierce.

Only the most myopic of fans would think the defense would be good at the start of the season.

The offense would have to carry the water at the start of the season.

What does your boy do?

The MFer throws 10 picks in the first MFing 6 games and you want to blame the defense.

This is what the Vikings got in return for giving this MFer 30 million bucks last March.

A craptacular start right when they needed him the most.

He finished the year only throwing 3 picks in the final 10 games.

He knew the defense was going to struggle better than any of us.

When you need him the most, he comes up the least.

Below is a comprehensive list of teams scoring more than 32 points a game in 2020

End of list.