Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I am assuming that they are doing this to give Hunter what he wants to shut him the hell up.  it would be nice to think that they are going to make some splash moves/signings but that really hasnt been their approach to FA aside from Cousins in the last 10 years.
Thing is, extending Hunter would almost certainly REDUCE his '21 cap hit. Vikings might want to rollover some space into '22 when Cousins' cap hit goes up another $10M. 
you keep saying that,  maybe it would maybe it wouldnt,  if he is wanting about 10 million a year more than what he is making now I dont know how they show a decrease this year without really fucking a future years ability to work FA or resign our own.  pushing money into the future is a recipe for failure, at some point you just cant push any more down the road and you end up with shit for a year or two.  IMO better to just keep things close to current so you can react to needs as they occur as much as possible.
It's up to the Vikings on how they want to structure it. But it's just how contracts are structured. Damn near all of them. Now, the Vikings may choose '22 to be the low cap year considering that's when Cousins' cap goes up. But this is not Breesy can kicking when you're talking about a 26-year-old player. 
Case in point: Trent Williams record breaking $138M contract: Base salary in 2021 is $1.55M. 2021 cap number is $8.2M, and only $14M the next year. Both of which are lower the Hunter's current cap hit of $17M. Williams cap hit goes up big in 2023, but it's only fully guaranteed for the first two years. These contracts aren't what they seem. If the Vikings extend Hunter, his cap hit WILL go down. It just will. That's why I keep saying it. 
Not every agent/player is looking for a hallow contract to stroke his ego,  hunter wanting 8 more per year is going to likely be real money that will hit the team hard at some point.
Of course. The point is that the Vikings get to choose when. A box of steaks says its 2023. Two boxes.  
boxed steak?  come on man.  even as cultured as Denver has become there has to be butcher shop around that would allow you to dine on good beef, no?  honestly though,  my freezers are full as fuck of beef right now,  we butchered in Dec so we have a whole steers worth of cuts and burger,  plus we butchered a fattened cow and ground her all into burger so that was another 500# of ground beef.  honestly if you want to entice me.. maybe some chicken or swine.

And yes it will likely be 2023,  but then we are back to the should they.... wash rinse repeat.
Do you ship?

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I am assuming that they are doing this to give Hunter what he wants to shut him the hell up.  it would be nice to think that they are going to make some splash moves/signings but that really hasnt been their approach to FA aside from Cousins in the last 10 years.
Thing is, extending Hunter would almost certainly REDUCE his '21 cap hit. Vikings might want to rollover some space into '22 when Cousins' cap hit goes up another $10M. 
you keep saying that,  maybe it would maybe it wouldnt,  if he is wanting about 10 million a year more than what he is making now I dont know how they show a decrease this year without really fucking a future years ability to work FA or resign our own.  pushing money into the future is a recipe for failure, at some point you just cant push any more down the road and you end up with shit for a year or two.  IMO better to just keep things close to current so you can react to needs as they occur as much as possible.
It's up to the Vikings on how they want to structure it. But it's just how contracts are structured. Damn near all of them. Now, the Vikings may choose '22 to be the low cap year considering that's when Cousins' cap goes up. But this is not Breesy can kicking when you're talking about a 26-year-old player. 
Case in point: Trent Williams record breaking $138M contract: Base salary in 2021 is $1.55M. 2021 cap number is $8.2M, and only $14M the next year. Both of which are lower the Hunter's current cap hit of $17M. Williams cap hit goes up big in 2023, but it's only fully guaranteed for the first two years. These contracts aren't what they seem. If the Vikings extend Hunter, his cap hit WILL go down. It just will. That's why I keep saying it. 
Not every agent/player is looking for a hallow contract to stroke his ego,  hunter wanting 8 more per year is going to likely be real money that will hit the team hard at some point.
Of course. The point is that the Vikings get to choose when. A box of steaks says its 2023. Two boxes.  
boxed steak?  come on man.  even as cultured as Denver has become there has to be butcher shop around that would allow you to dine on good beef, no?  honestly though,  my freezers are full as fuck of beef right now,  we butchered in Dec so we have a whole steers worth of cuts and burger,  plus we butchered a fattened cow and ground her all into burger so that was another 500# of ground beef.  honestly if you want to entice me.. maybe some chicken or swine.

And yes it will likely be 2023,  but then we are back to the should they.... wash rinse repeat.
Do you ship?
Every morning after coffee.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Do you ship?
Every morning after coffee.
Hes just a regular guy. 

Vikings cap update: $4M
After converting Thielen, signing Hill, Beebe, Tomlinson, Vigil, and Peterson, the Vikings are currently about $4M under the cap. 

One piece that hasn’t yet hit the books is Rudy. They designated him a June 1 cut, so they won’t realize that savings ($7.9M) until then. But since they know that money’s coming and can be used to sign the draft class (about $3M), they can spend all of their remaining $4M. Easily enough for what remains in the free agent guard class. Guessing they'll need about $2M for low-tier guard. 

So total cap space, now and later combined, totals $11.9M, not including whatever money is trimmed with a Harry extension. Guessing another $3M. So about $15M total. 

Also doesn’t include whatever savings they’ll get by extending Hunter. Doubt we’ll see that until the fall though. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/viki...dolph-news

Enough for a G and STer.