Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculated Watson trade to Vikings
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:
The problem with this team isn't QB. Gutting the team and giving up all those picks for Watson when we have so many issues to fix on both the Oline and DLine makes zero sense. 

Is Watson really that much better? He isn't at the level of a Russel Wilson, or Aaron Rodgers when it comes to putting a team on his back and willing them to victory. Very few are and I don't think he is one of them. 

Watson:
2020 stats: 16 games | 70.2 pct | 4,823 pass yds | 8.9 ypa | 33 pass TD | 7 INT | 444 rush yds | 3 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Cousins:
2020 stats: 16 games | 67.2 pct | 4,265 pass yds | 8.3 ypa | 35 pass TD | 13 INT | 156 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 5 fumbles lost

comparing stats from 2 different players in 2 different offenses, with different players around them, facing different opponents, playing a team game is about as useless as tooth brush in Green Bay.
actually its called a “toothbrush” in Green Bay for a reason....

Everywhere else it should be called a “TEETHbrush”

Quote: @"TBro" said:
The problem with this team isn't QB. Gutting the team and giving up all those picks for Watson when we have so many issues to fix on both the Oline and DLine makes zero sense. 

Is Watson really that much better? He isn't at the level of a Russel Wilson, or Aaron Rodgers when it comes to putting a team on his back and willing them to victory. Very few are and I don't think he is one of them. 

Watson:
2020 stats: 16 games | 70.2 pct | 4,823 pass yds | 8.9 ypa | 33 pass TD | 7 INT | 444 rush yds | 3 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Cousins:
2020 stats: 16 games | 67.2 pct | 4,265 pass yds | 8.3 ypa | 35 pass TD | 13 INT | 156 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 5 fumbles lost
Considering Watson did that throwing to Will Fuller, Keekee Coutee, Kenny Stills, and Jordan Skins with a broken down David Johnson in the backfield...

And Kirk had Thielen, Jefferson, Rudy, Irv, and Dalvin Cook...

The weapons aren't even close and Watson still had a better TD to turnover ratio and beat him in every passing category.  Watson is a much better QB than Kirk Cousins and it's not even a debate.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
I'm not as high on Watson as many here.  He's a fantastic athlete, but it's not like he's won a bunch of big games.  Watson's team lost to Vikings last season.  I also don't believe the Vikes D will be fixed in a single off-season until I see it.  We have no clue how Hunter 's neck injury is, and how good Pierce is. 

If this trade happened, it'd be exciting, but it doesn't fix the weakest spots of the team.  The OL is still below average and D is still bad. 
Is the OL really that bad?  I mean our offense was explosive this season and Dalvin ran for 1500+ yards and had 17 TDs...

We need to upgrade LG because Dozier sucked, but the rest of the OL is pretty good and should get better with more experience (looking at Cleveland and Bradbury).

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Wasn't there a report recently that Watson would not waive his no trade clause for a trade to Minnesota? So there's that. 
That was speculation since we're a run-first offense. 

You would think after the pummeling he's taken the last three years in a "pass-first" offense that the opportunity to pair with a top 3 RB would be more enticing to him, and it's not like Jefferson and Thielen are chopped liver....

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:

Watson:

Cousins:

comparing stats from 2 different players in 2 different offenses, with different players around them, facing different opponents, playing a team game is about as useless as tooth brush in Green Bay.
actually its called a “toothbrush” in Green Bay for a reason....

Everywhere else it should be called a “TEETHbrush”
I always...  Smile

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I'm not as high on Watson as many here.  He's a fantastic athlete, but it's not like he's won a bunch of big games.  Watson's team lost to Vikings last season.  I also don't believe the Vikes D will be fixed in a single off-season until I see it.  We have no clue how Hunter 's neck injury is, and how good Pierce is. 

If this trade happened, it'd be exciting, but it doesn't fix the weakest spots of the team.  The OL is still below average and D is still bad. 
Is the OL really that bad?  I mean our offense was explosive this season and Dalvin ran for 1500+ yards and had 17 TDs...

We need to upgrade LG because Dozier sucked, but the rest of the OL is pretty good and should get better with more experience (looking at Cleveland and Bradbury).
It's bad enough that it was ranked in the bottom quarter of the league...but also, let's face it: if the guard position isn't solid, your QB can and will have DTs in his lap almost as fast as the ball's in his hands.

We've seen it plenty.

If...IF...we get the OG position hailed down and our young center can live up to at least SOME of his reported potential, we'd likely improve at least 10 spots in the OL rankings.  With that, too, would come a season that would involve a good run into January and at least 40 passing TDs.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Its baseless speculation until Houston even picks up the phone for any team. We'll see if anything changes by draft-day but I personally think they are going to make Watson sit before they consider moving him. Its somewhat riskless since he's still Deshaun Watson, his contract will toll, and when they start losing games the needle is going to swing on who is to blame. 

If you were to hold a NFL dynasty draft there is 1 player that would go before Watson, Mahomes. That is all. I can nearly guarantee you that Watson's future production (barring injury) will be better than 3-4 1st round picks unless you somehow turn 2 of them into future hall of famers. Yes, he is that good. 

Kirk won't be here is Watson is. Mattison has more value with Cook here. People shit on Barr all the time although I believe he's a good player. So the net cost for MN in this proposed deal is #14, a future 1st, and two 2nds. That is a damn bargain. 
Absolutely and I'd do the deal in a hot minute.   Problem is who would convince Jimmy G. to go to the misery that is Houston?  As for the trade, hell, give em two firsts and keep the 2nds, Rick makes most of his good picks in the 2nd and bombs the firsts except when Philly brain farted Jefferson into his lap.   As grumpy as I am about this team and it's shit management I'd jizz my jeans if we got Watson-instant contender even with a fossilized dinosaur at coach.  Get him out the door for someone who can get out of their own way unlike Mike and the sky's the limit.

Quote: @"TBro" said:

Watson:

Cousins:
Stats can be used to tell any story... unless you’re using these stats to say Kirk and Watson are similar!

I’m just joking with you but dude Watson’s stats last season are way better across the board. On a worse team with worse coaching. And he’s also much younger.

Kirk is good and I want to bolster the DL and OL too but it’s a QB driven league. Watson would be a big upgrade at the most important position in football. The Vikings would be silly not to strongly consider making a move if he’s available. ESPECIALLY if the price is close to what King laid out.

If Panthers are really offering 3 firsts + CMC then that’s harder to compete with. 

Watson will waive his no trade for the Jets, Phins, and Panthers. 

Bubbles bursting everywhere.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Watson will waive his no trade for the Jets, Phins, and Panthers. 

Bubbles bursting everywhere.
Nah....I think the odds of us trading for Watson are well under 5%, but I don't believe any of the talk about the teams he's supposedly approved or disapproved of.