Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Looking for something to watch right now?
On episode 4 of For All Mankind. Pretty interesting.

And Resident Alien has been really good.

Just watched "Crime Scene Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel".  Good 4 hr. binge, has it all, gentrification, paranormal, historical, internet, life lessons when looking for a hotel on vacation and a weird twist ending.  Good story and the manager is a hoot, not sure if she is a sociopath or naive, her comments throughout, I found  entertaining .  

If you're not watching For All Mankind, you should be. Slow to start, but holy crap.

I watched Judas and the Black Messiah (HBO) and thought it was excellent. Besides simply being an accurate portrayal of history, it's also pretty educational for anyone on the Chicago chapter of the Black Panthers, Hoover and the FBI.

It's a good watch. For a documentary on the informant (O'Neal), Fred Hampton and the events check out the first half of this 'Eyes on the Prize' episode:

(122) Eyes On The Prize Part 2 - (S02E06) - William O’Neal Interview - (1990) - YouTube

That's my public service announcement for the day.

The Bee Gees documentary on HBO Max is really good. Never knew they were so appreciated earlier in their careers by other artists. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The Bee Gees documentary on HBO Max is really good. Never knew they were so appreciated earlier in their careers by other artists. 
Tremendous artists and great song-writers...My wife is a HUGE BG's fan for years now.  Myself not so much, but I appreciate their artistry and talents. 

Sad story how most of them are gone now. 

Farrow and Allen is supposedly a very good watch...

We're going to hunker down to Nomadland tonight on HULU.

And dont tell anyone. but we've been catching up on 16 years of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix for about the last 6 mos. 

I'm trying to decide if Mandalorian is going to be worth my time or not?

Disney+ is probably one streaming service we won't renew after trial. It's high quality content and Disney+, is a good service. But its very much geared toward young families and I am not a huge Marvel fan like most of the planet.

We'd rather put $ into Netflix, Hulu or HBO Max at this time in our lives. 

We recently started Discovery + streaming trial. Well done app, and for the $/mos? It's one I will continue to subscribe to. 

Hell, the only reason to continue our Dish service at all anymore is because of the DVR. There are plenty of streaming app's on Apple TV now for local. 

I dont know how Direct, Dish, Comcast and some of these others are going to thrive long-term with their current biz models. Our Dish bill is now 1/2 of what it used to be, and trending down. 

Do you have apple tv+?

1971 is fantastic (if you're a boomer)
Ted Lasso has us hooked; Funny, witty and good writing.  Can anyone guess what character the soccer club owner played in GoT?

Shame on you if you can't...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Tremendous artists and great song-writers...My wife is a HUGE BG's fan for years now.  Myself not so much, but I appreciate their artistry and talents. 

Sad story how most of them are gone now. 
My 14-year-old daughter had a couple friends over Friday night. Dad has a really nice sound system, so they turn the lights off, turn on the LED machine and dance in the living room. The song they want to hear on repeat? More Than a Woman by the Bee Gees. I was like, what? How do you even know this song? 

Tik Tok. So many songs from 40 years ago are getting new life on Tik Tok.