Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the Vikings will choice between #11 - #13 in Round 1?
Luck's NFL career was derailed with multiple injuries that took a huge physical and mental toll.  He was a no brainer #1 pick but you can't predict injuries especially on a prospect that didn't have hardly any history.  

Carson Wentz comes to my mind when I think about Luck.  I think Wentz might not ever be able to overcome his injuries in his short career.  I am not saying that Wentz was headed to be a Top QB but he looks like an old man beaten up QB (now Big Ben comes to mindSmile

Interesting discussion but if you put Luck (without hindsight on Lucks NFL injury) and Lawrence in the same draft who would you chose?  

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Is that right? They are 13th right now with the farthest up they can go at this point is #11. Just wanting to make sure I understand it correctly.

Hate to rain on your parade but I believe w/ a win they can drop as far as 17, which would be in true Viking form...  Confused 

Going to be interesting to see which way the Vikings go on draft day. Defensive line is a big need, quarterback, offensive line like always.  I'm hoping we can muster up enough money to bring Reiff back on a one or two year deal.  Losing him would be a lateral move having to spend draft capital to replace him and us not improving in other areas. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Luck's NFL career was derailed with multiple injuries that took a huge physical and mental toll.  He was a no brainer #1 pick but you can't predict injuries especially on a prospect that didn't have hardly any history.  

Carson Wentz comes to my mind when I think about Luck.  I think Wentz might not ever be able to overcome his injuries in his short career.  I am not saying that Wentz was headed to be a Top QB but he looks like an old man beaten up QB (now Big Ben comes to mindSmile

Interesting discussion but if you put Luck (without hindsight on Lucks NFL injury) and Lawrence in the same draft who would you chose?  
I am taking Lawrence just because of the level of competition that their success was built on.  Clemson sees much tougher defenses IMO than Stanford.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:

I am taking Lawrence just because of the level of competition that their success was built on.  Clemson sees much tougher defenses IMO than Stanford.
Yea me too.  Lawrence moves around better then Luck and in todays NFL that is huge.

What has Trevor Lawrence won in the NFL?
Counterpoint- what have the Vikings won in the NFL?
Jacksonville is in a great spot all of a sudden. Cincinatti and LA Chargers too. Buffalo. You can't put a value too high on a good young QB. I'd love to see the Vikings get one somehow.

All I know is the Vikings need to shut everyone down against Detroit and not win this game. That wont be hard on defense, but Cousins, Cook, Jefferson, Thielen, etc., have no business being on that field Sunday.

according to andrew kramer via michael rand... the ceiling is #9 and the low is #15 depending on how things shake out this weekend.

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-coul...600005012/

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yes, that worked out really well for the Colts. 
Hey, I get the idea that drafting a QB, even #1 overall, is not a guarantee of success, but how is Andrew Luck even in the top 10 for examples of this?? Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, David Carr, Jameis Winston, Jeff George! Hell, I would put Vinny Testaverde, Sam Bradford, Jim Plunkett, Alex Smith, and even Matt Stafford as bigger disappointments than Luck.