Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The great Danish mask study is concluded
Quote: @Skodin said:
@greediron said:
If you are an antifa registered sex offender and running around assaulting peaceful people, you deserve what is coming to you.
The sooner we can rid of the trash of our society, the better we will be to repair this one, build a new one
@Skodin said:
If you are old and not wearing a mask because of "liberty" and "tyranny", you deserve what is coming to you. 

The sooner we can rid of the trash of our society, the better we will be to repair this one, build a new one

What if you are a sex offender who is lying about your voting registration and the voting process in your state?  What do you deserve then?

already said it, you deserve what is coming to you.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Skodin said:
@greediron said:
If you are an antifa registered sex offender and running around assaulting peaceful people, you deserve what is coming to you.
@Skodin said:
If you are old and not wearing a mask because of "liberty" and "tyranny", you deserve what is coming to you. 

What if you are a sex offender who is lying about your voting registration and the voting process in your state?  What do you deserve then?

So you are equating the victim of Rittenhouse's bullet to the millions who don't want to wear masks?  That want to put me, my family, our economy at risk.
They are equal to you . .  right?  Just checking

@greediron said:
@Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@Skodin said:

So you are equating the victim of Rittenhouse's bullet to the millions who don't want to wear masks?  That want to put me, my family, our economy at risk.
LMAO.  Are you serious?  Masks are gonna save the economy now? 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
@Skodin said:

Couldnt agree more with both. Both categories are dipshits and if they meet their make due to their stupidity, so be it. 

Show me a randomized controlled study that shows masks are beneficial. 
In turn I will show you that wearing a cloth increases the chance getting a respiratory infection. (from the CDC).  And now we wonder why the "cases" are skyrocketing?

@Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@Skodin said:

I know you are a bit slow but a closed down America closes down the economy. 

Now me . .  I am fine. 

35, great health, no pre-existing conditions, director a firm that is funded for the next 25 months  Zero debt, dual citizenship with Canada, just got a 2500 sqft mountain house in Vermont on 300 acres, more money than 95% in the bank, I will survive this. 

I can afford to watch this country burn because of clowns like you.  Can you?

@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
@Skodin said:

Couldnt agree more with both. Both categories are dipshits and if they meet their make due to their stupidity, so be it. 

Show me a randomized controlled study that shows masks are beneficial. 
In turn I will show you that wearing a cloth increases the chance getting a respiratory infection. (from the CDC).  And now we wonder why the "cases" are skyrocketing?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-1132-9

There is now growing evidence that face masks can considerably reduce
the transmission of respiratory viruses like SARS-CoV-2, thereby
limiting the spread of COVID-19 (refs. 22,23,24). We updated a recently published review24 to generate a new meta-analysis (Supplementary Information)
of peer-reviewed studies and preprints to assess the effectiveness of
masks at preventing respiratory viral infections in humans25.
This analysis indicated a reduction in infection (from all respiratory
viruses) for mask wearers by 40% (relative risk = 0.60, 95% uncertainty
interval (UI) = 0.46–0.80)) relative to controls25.
This is suggestive of a considerable population health benefit to mask
use with great potential for uptake in the United States, where the
national average for self-reported mask wearing was 49% as of 21
September 2020 (https://covid19.healthdata.org/; Supplementary Information).

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
The fact we're even having a discussion on masks at this point is ludicrous and absurd...

I'm sure we'll have a similar discussion when a vaccine is available to wipe out this contagion. 
My family and I are mask wearers in a sea of non wearers. However, I see no reason to not have discussions about their effectiveness esspecially if theres data that says what kind works best etc. 
I wear a mask as well.  At work, and not (when I can't maintain 6 ft distance)

In the past, I did so for those patient involvements when mask wear was already indicated. 
Now, I wear a mask, all day - everyday.  On top of universal precautions.   That's where my mind is. 
So chillax, those of you guessing my day to day.  

However, I would like to see some "science" behind the mask mandate for 'everyone'.  
Until then, I certainly understand the reluctance of some to not wear masks, in the admirable spirit of "liberty"....

We have (with the Danish mask study) the first large-scale randomised trial-study on mask efficacy. 
And they can't find a publishing vector.  Curious.  

We have meta-analyses (that Skodin/Sticky mentioned) however meta-analysis is  a review of existing studies.  

The Danish mask study trial was the first/largest randomised clinical trial on the subject. 
Much-expected, in the scientific community.  The study's authors have impeccable credentials. 
Their protocols/methods have already passed peer-review. 

Quote:
@AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
The fact we're even having a discussion on masks at this point is ludicrous and absurd...

I'm sure we'll have a similar discussion when a vaccine is available to wipe out this contagion. 
My family and I are mask wearers in a sea of non wearers. However, I see no reason to not have discussions about their effectiveness esspecially if theres data that says what kind works best etc. 
I wear a mask as well.  At work, and not (when I can't maintain 6 ft distance)

In the past, I did so for those patient involvements when mask wear was already indicated. 
Now, I wear a mask, all day - everyday.  On top of universal precautions.   That's where my mind is. 
So chillax, those of you guessing my day to day.  

However, I would like to see some "science" behind the mask mandate for 'everyone'.  
Until then, I certainly understand the reluctance of some to not wear masks, in the admirable spirit of "liberty"....

We have (with the Danish mask study) the first large-scale randomised trial-study on mask efficacy. 
And they can't find a publishing vector.  Curious.  

We have meta-analyses (that Skodin/Sticky mentioned) however meta-analysis is  a review of existing studies.  

The Danish mask study trial was the first/largest randomised clinical trial on the subject. 
Much-expected, in the scientific community.  The study's authors have impeccable credentials. 
Their protocols/methods have already passed peer-review. 

It could be because the paper doesn't meet the peer review standard, and isn't good science.  You keep trying to create this myth that the study has some conclusion, it doesn't, it hasn't been accepted for publication.  You keep creating smoke hoping someone will find a fire.  Meta analysis is an accepted methodology for determining trends, speculation about unpublished papers is not.  

If this was the first where is the second, this was a small grant experiment, that could easily be replicated.  Low tech, masks, test's and people.  Who is this scientific community that you keep talking about.  I suspect a bunch of your net friends sharing the same conformation bias you keep displaying. 

South Dakota nurse says many patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death
Demonstrators
hold signs demanding a mask mandate from the City Council on Monday
outside Carnegie Town Hall in Sioux Falls, S.D. (Erin Bormett/Argu

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/20...s-deniers/

@greediron said:
@Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@Skodin said:

I know you are a bit slow but a closed down America closes down the economy. 

Now me . .  I am fine. 

35, great health, no pre-existing conditions, director a firm that is funded for the next 25 months  Zero debt, dual citizenship with Canada, just got a 2500 sqft mountain house in Vermont on 300 acres, more money than 95% in the bank, I will survive this. 

I can afford to watch this country burn because of clowns like you.  Can you?
Hooray for you.  Kinda shows what a piece of work you are.  So you can survive and will be fine, but you want to put everyone else at risk by supporting Biden who wants to lock down everything for months?  Or whatever his latest stupefying statement is.  Aren't the rest of the citizens equal to you in rights?
Clown world is right.  screw everyone else, you are doing fine.  Can't make this shit up.