Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pfizer vaccine 90% effective against Covid... and wall street is happy.
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I guess no one is concerned about any longitudinal effects of a vaccine that is being rushed into production, brought to you by the same government scholars that used to spray people with DDT.
of course people will be concerned about long term effects,  but after a year of hearing how this virus is close to the plagues of mid evil times that wiped out nearly everybody,  it will be much easier to get every body to toe the line and get the shots.   for the elderly and those with high risk conditions it will likely be worth the risk,  the rest of the population will be much more divided.

yeah, I know.  It’s just my cynicism.

I think of all the commercials I watch for the drugs available to help with depression....

”....people taking XYZ, may experience difficulty breathing, or irregular chest pains, and in some patients has been found to cause renal failure. certain blood cancers have been linked to XYZ, contact your doctor if you are experiencing dizzness, loss of breath, or extreme fatigue”

....great.....

If I was depressed BEFORE taking XYZ, Im sure finding out my liver is shutting down, or have been diagnosed with lymphoma will really help my depression.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
yeah, I know.  It’s just my cynicism.

I think of all the commercials I watch for the drugs available to help with depression....

”....people taking XYZ, may experience difficulty breathing, or irregular chest pains, and in some patients has been found to cause renal failure. certain blood cancers have been linked to XYZ, contact your doctor if you are experiencing dizzness, loss of breath, or extreme fatigue”

....great.....

If I was depressed BEFORE taking XYZ, Im sure finding out my liver is shutting down, or have been diagnosed with lymphoma will really help my depression.
i often wonder what would happen to all these ailments in our society if we hit reset on the drugs that are on the market.   my father is a hypochondriac that thinks that every damn ailment should have a pill,  even the ones he didnt know he had until he saw the damn commercial.   I would love it if some how it became illegal to advertise controlled medications.

"LET THE MARKET DECIDE!!!!"

It is clear that pharmco wants the ACA to succeed. It has been a boon for them to be able to bring their products to market. I have no doubt that Pfizer didn't want to give Trump a win on this. For years we said that giving corporations (specifically pharmaceuticals) too much power and sway is a bad thing. We have been fucking screaming at the top of our lungs.... But nooooooo the FREE MARKETS!!!!!

Well ain't this some funny shit now? 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
"LET THE MARKET DECIDE!!!!"

It is clear that pharmco wants the ACA to succeed. It has been a boon for them to be able to bring their products to market. I have no doubt that Pfizer didn't want to give Trump a win on this. For years we said that giving corporations (specifically pharmaceuticals) too much power and sway is a bad thing. We have been fucking screaming at the top of our lungs.... But nooooooo the FREE MARKETS!!!!!

Well ain't this some funny shit now? 
I dont think I know anybody that has been defending big pharma and their practices except the politicians whose pockets they line and those fuckers are on both sides of the aisle apparently since neither party has done shit to stop them.

that was one positive move that Trump made that I would like to see seen through by congress and that is to prevent drug companies from charging more here in the US than they do in other countries,  not really sure how that one wouldnt get support from all US tax payers.

90% effective? That's right up there with measles, mumps and rubella.

Folks, the bodies are being stored in freezer trucks again in El Paso and we could double the deaths to 400k by New Year. 

Anyone still believing this is just a flu? Is beyond any help. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Folks, the bodies are being stored in freezer trucks again in El Paso and we could double the deaths to 400k by New Year. 

LOL, oh PF....SO many dumbshits think this is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. You aren't going to change any minds until someone they love or are close to dies of it and they see how it goes down. Empathy took a train out of town 4 years ago. These numbnuts distrust vaccines now. Science doesn't exist to these people, only faith-based nonsense.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

LOL, oh PF....SO many dumbshits think this is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. You aren't going to change any minds until someone they love or are close to dies of it and they see how it goes down. Empathy took a train out of town 4 years ago. These numbnuts distrust vaccines now. Science doesn't exist to these people, only faith-based nonsense.
That's the key word, isn't it? Right and left turn on so many pivot points: rural/urban, old/young, conservative/progressive. I think if you could measure the ability to empathize, you'd find that would be an even more distinct dividing line than any of the above. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said: John

At least the social security trust fund will last longer right???  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said: John

At least the social security trust fund will last longer right???  
ouch!