Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pfizer vaccine 90% effective against Covid... and wall street is happy.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthcare/p...est-trials

so if you had "right after we elect a new president" in the office covid vaccine pool.... you win!

Holy shit, up almost 1300 points. Me likey. 

this is thanks to trump for pushing these company's and cutting red  tape

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
the cynic in me wonders if this news was available a week ago.....

We all have our lens to this.

I think the news about Pfizer's vaccine would have come out this week regardless of who is the Potus elect. But that's just me...

My outrage isn't on vaccine data release timing but rather on a continued lack of a Federal plan on coping with a Pandemic. One that's growing (again) at a significant rate.

There is so much more that can be done besides guidelines and letting states make decisions all over the board, sometimes really bad ones. Ask most doctors and there still isn't enough PPE, Tx just reached over 1,000,000 cases and hospitalizations are up (a lot) too. 

It will be interesting to see a new approach to it, one guided by science, not politics or wall street. We'll see how effective or not it will be. 

We could be looking at a holiday shut-down in this country if the current trajectory remains. There will be no normal in our lives or economic recovery, until this thing fizzles out. 

Either way, I would wager most of us here wont be getting poked with it till this summer. Health care workers on the frontline of a growing Pandemic are first and should be. 

90% effective is what I want to understand better regarding this Pfizer entry. Sorry 30 years of being a market researcher does that. That 90% probably isn't taking into account asymptomatic cases etc. So more to come on that front. 

But 90% sure sounds better than the 40-60% we've heard for years regarding the old school influenza.

Pfizers vaccine requires 2 doses within 21 days of each other. So that's different than the others in phase 3 and will required 2x the supply chain/logistics as a result. Did you know this stuff has to be stored at sub-zero? 

Regardless of your political leaning, watch last nights 60 minutes interview with the head honcho of operation warp speed. The work to get this out among 300mm people is Yuge. The biggest fear he has? Not a supply chain mis-hap, but how many Americans wont take the shot.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Regardless of your political leaning, watch last nights 60 minutes interview with the head honcho of operation warp speed. The work to get this out among 300mm people is Yuge. The biggest fear he has? Not a supply chain mis-hap, but how many Americans wont take the shot.
That is a concern, considering optimum effectiveness depends on everyone taking it. 

My advisor has been buying chunks of Pfizer for the past six months, so don't think it was a great big secret.  Last night on 60 Minutes they went over the distribution planning, good stuff, government finally doing something.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Viking1987 said:
Timing is everything Jimmy...

You know what this is reminiscent of? 

Obama turning the govt over to Trump with an economy already well on the upswing from the great recession and economic disaster. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Viking1987 said:

Did not MIKE PENCE be the first to release this news? And then Nikki Haley thanks the Trump administration only for Pfizer to refute AFTER they were a part of project Warp Speed? 

If the current admin was going to take credit for this, they would have last week.  But hey let's not let reality get in the way of the truth here.

I wish this news would've come out a day later so we could've separated its impact on Wall Street from the Biden win impact.