Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rallies: Red or Blue
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
All I know is I have never seen cities boarding up because of the election before. DC is one of the many. I have never seen a caravan of vehicles blocking bridges or blocking access for voters. I have never seen a person from a group hit a campaign staffer's vehicle. These are unprecedented times indeed. And that fence around the White House is pathetic and sad.
You've never seen it because you've never before lived under authoritarian rule. Until now. 

Trump: "The Supreme Court decision on voting in Pennsylvania is a VERY dangerous one. It will allow rampant and unchecked cheating and will undermine our entire systems of laws. It will also induce violence in the streets. Something must be done!”

This is trump basically saying "stand by" to his right wing thugs. It's a sad state of affairs when your own president's comments have to be repeatedly censored by social media companies.
Interesting that it is D run cities with recent demonstrations and violence boarding up buildings.  I would think demonstration and violence would be more likely from the left in left run cities but we'll see if any violence even occurs.

Would cheating trigger violence?  Possibly, but certainly not today unless there was very clear and direct evidence of cheating caught on camera and widely distributed.  A video of a PO worker throwing away ballots might do it!  
Well, for what it's worth, almost every city in America is "left run." Even cities in the deep red south typically vote blue by large margins: Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta....

But we're talking about election violence here, not the kind of violence that occurred in protest of systemic racism and brutality, the vast majority of which was peaceful. 

But I'll tell ya what, if you see any kind of pre-decision "if I lose, then violence" narratives come from the Biden campaign, let me know. Further, if Trump wins the election and you see demonstrations (likely) that turn violent (very possible) and it's not met with immediate calls for peace from Biden, you be sure to let me know that as well. 

If there is any violence, it will most likely in the big cities, not in mid-size or small towns.  So there's that!  Wonder if the D mayors and DA's will do catch and release if the demonstrators are indeed R like they did with left leaning demonstrators in Portland and Seattle?  We'll see, hopefully crack down on both sides but recent D leadership history is not good.

Yes sir, Biden was leading the charge to stop the violence this summer, wasn't he!  Very late to condemn the violence.  But sure, he'll step right up this time!  He's not the uniter he claims to be. 

***Add in, I am sure we both hope that violence does not occur as a result of the election.  Emotions are high on both sides, but we can get through this without violence and destruction.

@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
All I know is I have never seen cities boarding up because of the election before. DC is one of the many. I have never seen a caravan of vehicles blocking bridges or blocking access for voters. I have never seen a person from a group hit a campaign staffer's vehicle. These are unprecedented times indeed. And that fence around the White House is pathetic and sad.
You've never seen it because you've never before lived under authoritarian rule. Until now. 

Trump: "The Supreme Court decision on voting in Pennsylvania is a VERY dangerous one. It will allow rampant and unchecked cheating and will undermine our entire systems of laws. It will also induce violence in the streets. Something must be done!”

This is trump basically saying "stand by" to his right wing thugs. It's a sad state of affairs when your own president's comments have to be repeatedly censored by social media companies.
Interesting that it is D run cities with recent demonstrations and violence boarding up buildings.  I would think demonstration and violence would be more likely from the left in left run cities but we'll see if any violence even occurs.

Would cheating trigger violence?  Possibly, but certainly not today unless there was very clear and direct evidence of cheating caught on camera and widely distributed.  A video of a PO worker throwing away ballots might do it!  
Well, for what it's worth, almost every city in America is "left run." Even cities in the deep red south typically vote blue by large margins: Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta....

But we're talking about election violence here, not the kind of violence that occurred in protest of systemic racism and brutality, the vast majority of which was peaceful. 

But I'll tell ya what, if you see any kind of pre-decision "if I lose, then violence" narratives come from the Biden campaign, let me know. Further, if Trump wins the election and you see demonstrations (likely) that turn violent (very possible) and it's not met with immediate calls for peace from Biden, you be sure to let me know that as well. 

LMAO.  peaceful violence.  That is a new one even for a liberal.  So burning, killing, assaulting people, damaging property was all okay because it was done "mostly peacefully."

And nevermind the threatened violence in response to the election has all come from the left/anarchist types.

I think it’s important to state that “the other person/group”
doesn’t cause division.

Division is a two way street, and requires both sides to participate.  Nobody forces you to act like a fool.  Your bad behavior isn’t their fault.

In our daily conversations, we need to be aware of when we
are being dividing.  Division isn’t
different opinions.  Division is about
not listening.  It’s about forcing your
opinion onto other people.

Also, most people aren’t being violent and are against violence.  People need to stop trying to pretend that a
handful of violent people are representative of parties at large.  The left isn’t responsible for or represented
by Antifa or other far left radicals and the right isn’t responsible for or
represented by white supremacists.  The
issue isn’t who is violent, because they are a handful of people, and not representative
of the majority.  The issue is: Will the
politicians and police departments let the small amount of violent people
commit crimes without arresting them because of political reasons.  Will they selectively enforce laws.  Will they choose sides.

The Republicans and Democrats are both wrong.  The problems we face are not left vs right in
nature.  The problem we face are broken
systems which serve the sub1% rather than the systems which serve all of us.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I work for one of the Pohlad companies...For those out of staters, they own the Twins and # of other lesser known entities. 

Very progressive and they have closed all the business' on election day. 

Both the Pohlads and Wilfs are democratic party donors. 

To Jimmy's point, it should be a national holiday, make it Monday.  Better yet, have the holiday and allow secure voting online.
If I can bank online, this country can vote online

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:

LMAO.  peaceful violence.  That is a new one even for a liberal.  So burning, killing, assaulting people, damaging property was all okay because it was done "mostly peacefully."

And nevermind the threatened violence in response to the election has all come from the left/anarchist types.
Ha! Yeah, I obviously meant protest, not violence. Either way, yes, I'm sure the Nazis on your side will be peaceful and urging calm if the Nazi-in-Chief declares victory early in PA, and then loses as mail-in ballots are counted. 

Quote: @medaille said:
I think it’s important to state that “the other person/group”
doesn’t cause division.

Division is a two way street, and requires both sides to participate.  Nobody forces you to act like a fool.  Your bad behavior isn’t their fault.

In our daily conversations, we need to be aware of when we
are being dividing.  Division isn’t
different opinions.  Division is about
not listening.  It’s about forcing your
opinion onto other people.

Also, most people aren’t being violent and are against violence.  People need to stop trying to pretend that a
handful of violent people are representative of parties at large.  The left isn’t responsible for or represented
by Antifa or other far left radicals and the right isn’t responsible for or
represented by white supremacists.  The
issue isn’t who is violent, because they are a handful of people, and not representative
of the majority.  The issue is: Will the
politicians and police departments let the small amount of violent people
commit crimes without arresting them because of political reasons.  Will they selectively enforce laws.  Will they choose sides.

The Republicans and Democrats are both wrong.  The problems we face are not left vs right in
nature.  The problem we face are broken
systems which serve the sub1% rather than the systems which serve all of us.
There is a difference though. I don't condone violence of any kind on either side, but I don't think you can compare Antifa to Nazis. There is a fundamental difference. One side is full of hate due to racism and the other side is opposed to that hate. 

Take the violence away from both groups and we'd all be Antifa. At least we goddamn well should be. 

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/...22784?s=20
wheres that “Dewey defeats Truman” photo when I need it

I think Trump is going to win this. Record voter turnout. Biden made some strategic mistakes. Couldn't get Lindsay Graham out of South Carolina, either. Very, very interesting. 

I think Trump could have been beaten, but not with a candidate as liberal as Biden. He was a weak candidate. I kind of laugh when I hear about the 'blue wave' hitting Congress every 4 years. Never happens. Liberal minorities don't vote. They act like they will, but then they don't. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think Trump is going to win this. Record voter turnout. Biden made some strategic mistakes. Couldn't get Lindsay Graham out of South Carolina, either. Very, very interesting. 

I think Trump could have been beaten, but not with a candidate as liberal as Biden. He was a weak candidate. I kind of laugh when I hear about the 'blue wave' hitting Congress every 4 years. Never happens. Liberal minorities don't vote. They act like they will, but then they don't. 

While this is not the clear rejection of hate and incompetence that I was hoping for, it's far from over, and Biden still has the mostly likely path to victory. But it's closer than it should be. 

Nevada is super tight, but looks somewhat likely for Biden with only mail-in ballots left to count. Arizona looks good with some already having called it for Biden (too soon IMO). Michigan is headed in Biden's direction, as is Wisconsin. But I don't trust Wisconsin. It's too close there. The remaining votes will likely favor Biden, but it's so close that any tiny variation in that could change the outcome. 

And with those states, Biden doesn't need Pennsylvania or Georgia. Both of which are also in play. Either way, we probably won't know who won until Friday, as most expected. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

I would like to think you are right,  but with so much mail in, and inner city,  voting to still be counted and that reportedly weighing heavily in Bidens favor,  I have a feeling we see more of the pink turn to blue and trump ends up losing.