Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For WR Prospects
Also, Irv Smith, JR will be a much better product in his second year. TE needs to play a bigger role in our passing game than it did for the first half of 2019. He can create some great mismatches. I'm not saying he is George Kittle, but he can easily take on some of the load we lost while we work to find Diggs replacement with a rookie who is going to take time to develop, even if we draft one of the studs in the first round. 

Unless the TDN simulator is complete horse dung, there are tons of WRs available in the 3rd and later that represent massive value...hard pass on the position until the third...

Interesting Draft Season Rumor.... #Vikings looking to trade up in 1st Round for a Wide Receiver. Interested in #Buccaneers slot 14th overall to move ahead of #Broncos. Believed Target? 1 of the consensus top WRs. I’d bet it’s CeeDee Lamb..
9:55 AM · Mar 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I'm gonna need more than THE Chad Forbes to buy in.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm gonna need more than THE Chad Forbes to buy in[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
Interesting Draft Season Rumor.... #Vikings looking to trade up in 1st Round for a Wide Receiver. Interested in #Buccaneers slot 14th overall to move ahead of #Broncos. Believed Target? 1 of the consensus top WRs. I’d bet it’s CeeDee Lamb..
this move would likely cost me a TV.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
this move would likely cost me a TV.
It would cost the Vikings the 22, 58, and our 3rd...too steep for a team 30th in pass attempts.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm gonna need more than THE Chad Forbes to buy in.
There is some legitimacy in them wanting to trade up. It is more of an assumption it would be for a WR. But the Vikings have been doing a lot of work on receivers overall. So its more connecting dots if there is any "source" behind it. 

Welcome to the season of subterfuge. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
If you told me I could get Jefferson or Ruggs at #22, Jones at #25 and a 3T in the 2nd I'd be all over that. Otherwise, the depth of this Class would seem to indicate that the best value is in the 3rd.

It's so easy to want one of the guys with true #1 WR potential, though. Adam isn't getting any younger. Guys like Pittman, Johnson, Ceephus et al profile more as #2 guys IMO. Which means you're looking for another again in a few years 

Of course, Lamb, Juedy, Ruggs and Jefferson may all very well be gone by #22 rendering it a moot point. Will be fascinating to see how many runs on certain position types happen this year. Do all the Tackles go early, artificially moving someone up like Jackson or Cleveland in the process? Will the same happen at Receiver? Or will guys slide? Going to be a fun watch.
I know we just lost Diggs, but I really have no interest in the Vikings addressing that position in the first round until our Oline, Dline, and CB positions get taken care of. To me, especially if they extend Cook, this needs to happen first. If anything, Diggs proves we can find WR talent in the middle to late rounds of the draft and with this year's WR depth, I'm willing to take that gamble to prioritize the trenches and fill the void left by losing 5 DB's , our Nose Tackle, and our Right DE to Free Agency.  
Wow. They hit on Diggs in the 5th and exactly nothing with every other Spielman pick accept sorta Jerius Wright and you believe Rick can find another one in the same mid to late Round range? Good luck with that  

You're going to need 10 seconds worth of pass protection per play this year. Diggs took the top off of Defenses with his vertical route running and his home run ability. Adam's best use is not running vertical routes nor is he a home run threat on quick hitters. 

There is currently no deep ball threat on this Roster. Double Thielen, stack the box to stop Cook. Easy as pie. Smith, Bisi, Sharpe and Rudy are not deep threats. Waiting until the later rounds to find one, with Rick's track record for finding Receivers, which is actually pretty bad except for Diggs and Thielen, neither of which was even expected to Start as Rookies, is a recipe for disaster, IMO.