Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For WR Prospects

If you told me I could get Jefferson or Ruggs at #22, Jones at #25 and a 3T in the 2nd I'd be all over that. Otherwise, the depth of this Class would seem to indicate that the best value is in the 3rd.

It's so easy to want one of the guys with true #1 WR potential, though. Adam isn't getting any younger. Guys like Pittman, Johnson, Ceephus et al profile more as #2 guys IMO. Which means you're looking for another again in a few years 

Of course, Lamb, Juedy, Ruggs and Jefferson may all very well be gone by #22 rendering it a moot point. Will be fascinating to see how many runs on certain position types happen this year. Do all the Tackles go early, artificially moving someone up like Jackson or Cleveland in the process? Will the same happen at Receiver? Or will guys slide? Going to be a fun watch.

My guy in the 3rd.

@FSUVike To me, at 22, if one of the top 3 WRs is there, it's a no brainer. I doubt that plays out. I think what's most likely is CB3 or 4 is there, OT5, or DT3. I'm seeing guys like Van Jefferson, Higgins and Bowden in the 3rd or later, that represent, IMO, superior value.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
If you told me I could get Jefferson or Ruggs at #22, Jones at #25 and a 3T in the 2nd I'd be all over that. Otherwise, the depth of this Class would seem to indicate that the best value is in the 3rd.

It's so easy to want one of the guys with true #1 WR potential, though. Adam isn't getting any younger. Guys like Pittman, Johnson, Ceephus et al profile more as #2 guys IMO. Which means you're looking for another again in a few years 

Of course, Lamb, Juedy, Ruggs and Jefferson may all very well be gone by #22 rendering it a moot point. Will be fascinating to see how many runs on certain position types happen this year. Do all the Tackles go early, artificially moving someone up like Jackson or Cleveland in the process? Will the same happen at Receiver? Or will guys slide? Going to be a fun watch.
The latter portion of your post is what I'm most intrigued by. The feeling I get as of today is that the OTs are going to fly off the board early. The WRs will start going fast in the early teens. Ruggs will likely be the first one to go. If the Vikings want Jefferson they might need to get up to #18 depending on what the Raiders do at #12. In such a deep class its hard to say you should spend additional assets to move up for a receiver. 

Best news is that there is a good chance the DBs will fall down the board. I wouldn't be shocked if pick #22 rolled around and only C.J Henderson is off the board. 

Honestly, spending premium draft capital on a CB is going to make me vomit. I'm prepared for it, but how many times I were going to do the exact same thing and expect different results?

Hit the line with both picks with the bpa, at the highest position of value, as it relates to the highest need. That's a 3T and either a T or IOL. 

Geoff, do you see a drop off from Henderson to the next group of CBs? Maroon pointed out in another post that the next group feels more like early 2nd value instead of getting selected at #25. I'm a little on the fence as I like Fulton more than most and Diggs and Terrell less than most.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Honestly, spending premium draft capital on a CB is going to make me vomit. I'm prepared for it, but how many times I were going to do the exact same thing and expect different results?

Hit the line with both picks with the bpa, at the highest position of value, as it relates to the highest need. That's a 3T and either a T or IOL. 
It probably will depend on if they have strong feelings for a particular DB. If they do then they'll grab their guy. Otherwise I could see them waiting on DB until round 3. In my mind that 3rd wave of corners provides some of the best value in the draft. 

@"Geoff Nichols" I'm assuming, due to the limited number of starts on the current roster, and bringing in Dom and the thing on his head, we'll see more zones...I can find zone guys Day 2...