Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could The Vikings Trade Diggs This Offseason?
There is always a potential deal too good to pass up, but...I think a team is admitting they are rebuilding when they start trading away young talent that's under contract. Are we rebuilding? I sure don't think Spielman and Zimmer would say we are. Also, I think Spielman is very proud of the most talented players he has drafted and doesn't want to watch them play elsewhere.

Diggs isn't Percy Harvin, not in terms of attitude or contract, and is far more accomplished. Spielman got almost as much for Harvin as most of the trade suggestions here. No way would he do it for a deal like that - and I hope he doesn't.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@FLVike said:
Some people think that a great oline and average QB is the key. I don't. I think it starts with a great QB with an average oline. The Cowboys have a top oline and an average QB. I think if we are keeping our average QB then we need to keep our top WR's, they are definitely worth more than our average QB.

if only we had an average OL,  but unfortunately we have an average QB and a below average OL,  so having above average WR doesnt really compute at this time since when teams have above average DL they make our OL and QB look like chicken shit which makes to above average WR spectators,  which is why they throw tantrums from time to time.

I didn't see the 49ers going through our oline any faster than the Chiefs oline.

Quote: @FLVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@FLVike said:
Some people think that a great oline and average QB is the key. I don't. I think it starts with a great QB with an average oline. The Cowboys have a top oline and an average QB. I think if we are keeping our average QB then we need to keep our top WR's, they are definitely worth more than our average QB.

if only we had an average OL,  but unfortunately we have an average QB and a below average OL,  so having above average WR doesnt really compute at this time since when teams have above average DL they make our OL and QB look like chicken shit which makes to above average WR spectators,  which is why they throw tantrums from time to time.

I didn't see the 49ers going through our oline any faster than the Chiefs oline.
Ok,  our oline is just fine.

I'm not going to pay much attention to Digg's cryptic tweets. His emotions live at the tips of the spectrum so when people are talking about not wanting him or he's not getting the ball then he's going to post stuff like that. When he's on a hot streak he gives good interviews and his comments are usually positive. It is what it is with him, not much to see here IMO.

would the bengals go their 2021 first rounder as well as their 2nd or 3rd rounder this year?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://thevikingage.com/2020/02/07/5-tr...ngs-diggs/
I think the most likely is the Broncos. 15th pick, not too high, not too low, and three 3rd rounders. Plenty of cap space, similar offense, young QB, opposite Sutton, Diggs would thrive. And they have an interesting left guard in Dalton Risner. 1st and a 3rd for Diggs. Or maybe Risner and a 2nd.  

Either way, it would take a pretty big haul before I'd support it. And before the Vikings would.

With both Zim and Speilman as lame ducks, I doubt we do anything, but the speculation won't quit.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
With both Zim and Speilman as lame ducks, I doubt we do anything, but the speculation won't quit.
Agree...but I don't think they'll be lame ducks for long. I could be wrong, but I think they both get extended this spring. Because until they do, they won't be making moves for the long-term betterment of the franchise. Only for getting the most out of '20.

I think Cousins gets extended too, but only after we see what happens in the draft. 

A coach, GM, and QB all hinged on one season... I don't see Diggs going anywhere. Be stupid to rid yourself of your best and most talented WR and a receiver that takes coverage away for others to get open.