Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kearse not returning to Vikings, tweets displeasure
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
The team could do worse and  they likely will.  When they take flyers on later round talent they have to be doing so knowing that they are getting players with chips on their shoulders and expectations,   and that they will likely have some stumbles along the way.  

I think it's a mistake to have not used him more instead of Dejo,  kearse was better in coverage as well as sliding up and making plays at the LOS,  he screwed up but he still should have gotten more playing time down the stretch,  not less.

With the risk of losing Ant, having another S that has experience in the zimway would have been good insurance for next year and Kearse shined on special teams quite often.

I dont think he would have been terribly expensive to keep if he had just been shown some opportunities.  We always hear about how the players love Zim,  well maybe there is two sides to that coin,  and maybe it's not all on the player?
Sure that not all of them love him.  Ellison didn't.  But where has that gotten him?  Seems familiar except we haven't heard from Kearse's parents yet.
I think Dejo played damn well, so I doubt Kearse would have been better.  Helped shut down Thomas, had 2 INTs in limited playing time.  Kearse seemed butt hurt about the Vikings signing AS following his DUI.  But as VG said above, own your mistake and be better.  Sounds like he got upset and probably wasn't playing well with the team.  I wouldn't trust him out there in critical spots either. 

Dejo did ok as part of a double team,  not exactly a ringing endorsement of a guys cover skills.

Everything I've seen from Kearse on his arrest has been him owning it so I dont know where she's coming from with that noise.  Unless he was taken off the field because of that incident which I dont necessarily buy.  Kearse has typically show well when given am opportunity but has always been on the hind tilt for playing time and hes not the first to get the dog house treatment that likely was the better player than those that got the snaps.

He was getting playing time, made some key plays earlier in the season as well.  Broncos and Detroit IIRC.  But even then, his twitter was getting him in trouble.  Basically he wasn't better than Harris, so he wasn't starting.  If that was his issue, then get better.  Then after the twitter comments and his DUI, he got replaced by Sendejo.  Yeah, that sucks but he played a part in that, so suck it up.  If he wants to move on, then move on.  Nobody is gonna miss a special teamer, sub safety. 

The guy is dumber than a sack of hammers

I also don't think that driving drunk and having a weapon in your possession 7 games into the season is also a smart thing to do. Zimmer loved this kid and bent over backwards for him to stay on this team. Even named him ST's captain. I am sure Zimmer felt disrespected. I think Kearse should take some ownership of this. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
The guy is dumber than a sack of hammers
That's his rep. 

Team captain?

Nope.
Vikings keep same team captains for 2019 ... all six of them
Written By: Chris Tomasson / St. Paul Pioneer Press | Sep 6th 2019 - 8pm.
EAGAN, Minn. -- Meet the new captains, same as the old captains.
Vikings players said Friday that the captains for the 2019 season, just like last year, are quarterback Kirk Cousins, tight end Kyle Rudolph, tackle Riley Reiff, linebacker Anthony Barr, defensive end Everson Griffen and nose tackle Linval Joseph.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Team captain?

Nope.
Vikings keep same team captains for 2019 ... all six of them
Written By: Chris Tomasson / St. Paul Pioneer Press | Sep 6th 2019 - 8pm.
EAGAN, Minn. -- Meet the new captains, same as the old captains.
Vikings players said Friday that the captains for the 2019 season, just like last year, are quarterback Kirk Cousins, tight end Kyle Rudolph, tackle Riley Reiff, linebacker Anthony Barr, defensive end Everson Griffen and nose tackle Linval Joseph.
Special Team Captain. Yup. I 100% know he had a C on his chest one week. I even asked what that was all about. Zimmer did it for Special Teams. We can bet if you want. 

Quote: @Canthony said:
I also don't think that driving drunk and having a weapon in your possession 7 games into the season is also a smart thing to do. Zimmer loved this kid and bent over backwards for him to stay on this team. Even named him ST's captain. I am sure Zimmer felt disrespected. I think Kearse should take some ownership of this. 

Captain or not, I think you raise a good point about being given chances here. I remember after he was drafted there were stories that Zimmer "banged the table for Kearse for a couple rounds before we picked him", that he was reminded of George Iloka. So if the HC is your advocate, how much can a player legitimately feel he has been mistreated?
I know there are people who will argue that another team will be thrilled to get a DB trained by Zimmer and his staff, and that may be true. But there will be as many teams who will say, "College underachiever who was given every chance and good coaching and never climbed the depth chart." I bet his agent will be calling Spielman next July.

YUP 
  • [Image: cronin_courtney.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop]Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer
"The amount of growth Kearse underwent in four seasons has been the subject of recent praise from coaches and teammates. The safety earned his spot as a special-teams captain and has carved out a role for himself in Minnesota’s big nickel package at slot corner."

Now go bother someone else. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Canthony said:

Captain or not, I think you raise a good point about being given chances here. I remember after he was drafted there were stories that Zimmer "banged the table for Kearse for a couple rounds before we picked him", that he was reminded of George Iloka. So if the HC is your advocate, how much can a player legitimately feel he has been mistreated?
I know there are people who will argue that another team will be thrilled to get a DB trained by Zimmer and his staff, and that may be true. But there will be as many teams who will say, "College underachiever who was given every chance and good coaching and never climbed the depth chart." I bet his agent will be calling Spielman next July.
I totally agree with your post. Zimmer wanted him bad and fought to keep him at the end of training camp. I am not sure how Kearse can feel this way after what Zimmer has done for him. Then get caught drunk with a gun. I mean.. I am sure at that point it was out of Zimmers hands and it was like he let him down. 

I too have a feeling he will be calling Speilman this summer.