Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns interviews
The rest of the League is interested in Stefanski. There's a reason for that and it has to be for more than his playcalling ability.  FOs talk to each other. So do Coaches. And Agents. Word has gotten around the NFL that Kevin has a bright future.

As fans we only see him as a play caller because that's the only lense we're given to view him through. And that view hardly knocks our collective socks off. But logic dictates that there is a lot more to Kevin as a leader than what we get to see. One aspect might be Analytics. For all we know he might be on the cutting edge of it which would make him attractive to teams that are really buying into it and explain why the Giants weren't interested since they wouldn't know Analytics if it bit them on the ass.

That's just a guess. But he's got buzz for a reason.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Does anyone have any insight into Stefanski's ability to deal with that locker room? Diggs is our diva, but he pales in comparison to OBJ, Baker, and the rest of their head cases. 

Don't do it, Stef.
I agree this is the unanswered question. Stef checks all the other boxes. I want us to keep the band together as I believe if Rick can backfill some of these giant salaries with the mid and low round talent, the window can remain open 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
The rest of the League is interested in Stefanski. There's a reason for that and it has to be for more than his playcalling ability.  FOs talk to each other. So do Coaches. And Agents. Word has gotten around the NFL that Kevin has a bright future.

As fans we only see him as a play caller because that's the only lense we're given to view him through. And that view hardly knocks our collective socks off. But logic dictates that there is a lot more to Kevin as a leader than what we get to see. One aspect might be Analytics. For all we know he might be on the cutting edge of it which would make him attractive to teams that are really buying into it and explain why the Giants weren't interested since they wouldn't know Analytics if it bit them on the ass.

That's just a guess. But he's got buzz for a reason.
its funny that as many HCs that have failed,  yet they were brilliant OCs or DCs that fans try to equate a candidates success as a OC or DC as a primary prequalifier of HC candidates.   I dont think the HC job is really as tied to play calling as it is to being more of a manager of people and time as well as being able to remain calm in tense situations.

the little of Stefanski that we have gotten to see in the last couple years I have found pretty impressive, and I think with the right assistants that he will be a very successful HC because of his football smarts,  but also his confidence and demeanor.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
The Browns can’t hire him Saturday if we win, right!? 
they can hire him today,  he just isnt available until our season is over,  but what a bunch of shit this is to his current team to even be able to be interviewed.  personally I think teams should all have to wait until the superbowl to interview any coach that was under contract for that year.
I agree.  Saleh and Stef.  At least Saleh had the bye week.  But if they make a decision and that coach advances, it is complete shit.  Like when Kyle Shanahan was hired before Atl played in the Superbowl.  Not blaming that exclusively, but there has to be a level of distraction, filling out your coaching roster, moving, all sorts of things going through the mind that would distract from the job at hand.
And for Stef this week, he has plenty to focus on without preparing for an interview.

To be clear, Kevin is a smart dude and I don't believe he would necessarily flounder as a head coach, but looking at the recent parade of Browns coaches, I don't necessarily believe all these dudes were necessarily chopped liver.  The problem is at the highest level and I don't know if KS is the "answer".  Since 2000....

Chris Palmer
1999–2000

Butch Davis
2001–2004

Terry Robiskie

Romeo Crennel
2005–2008

Eric Mangini
2009–2010

Pat Shurmur
2011–2012

Rob Chudzinski

Mike Pettine
2014–2015

Hue Jackson
2016–2018

Gregg Williams

Freddie Kitchens

Personally, I'd take a team like the Bungles, Jets or Fish before Cleveland.  But, hey, maybe KS could be the next Marty Schottenheimer... Wink

Quote: @Ralphie said:
To be clear, Kevin is a smart dude and I don't believe he would necessarily flounder as a head coach, but looking at the recent parade of Browns coaches, I don't necessarily believe all these dudes were necessarily chopped liver.  The problem is at the highest level and I don't know if KS is the "answer".  Since 2000....

Chris Palmer
1999–2000

Butch Davis
2001–2004

Terry Robiskie

Romeo Crennel
2005–2008

Eric Mangini
2009–2010

Pat Shurmur
2011–2012

Rob Chudzinski

Mike Pettine
2014–2015

Hue Jackson
2016–2018

Gregg Williams

Freddie Kitchens

Personally, I'd take a team like the Bungles, Jets or Fish before Cleveland.  But, hey, maybe KS could be the next Marty Schottenheimer... Wink
Someone should do a side by side with their QB list.

They need to figure out how to squash this hiring of coaches
during the playoffs and prevent interviews with coaches in the playoffs.  It distracts from putting a quality product
on the field during the playoffs, and they would get an extra week or two of attention
after the season is over when all the coaches are hired in a week or two span.

Your wish is my command! Wink

Tim Couch / Ty Detmer  

Doug Pederson  / Tim Couch / Spergon Wynn  

Tim Couch  

Tim Couch / Kelly Holcomb  

Kelly Holcomb / Tim Couch  

Jeff Garcia / Luke McCown  / Kelly Holcomb

Trent Dilfer / Charlie Frye  

Charlie Frye  / Derek Anderson  

Derek Anderson  / Charlie Frye  

Derek Anderson / Brady Quinn / Ken Dorsey / Bruce Gradkowski  

Brady Quinn  / Derek Anderson  

Colt McCoy / Jake Delhomme / Seneca Wallace  

Colt McCoy  / Seneca Wallace  

Brandon Weeden  / Thad Lewis  

Jason Campbell  / Brandon Weeden  / Brian Hoyer  

Brian Hoyer  / Johnny Manziel  / Connor Shaw  

Josh McCown / Johnny Manziel  / Austin Davis  

Cody Kessler / Robert Griffin III / Josh McCown  

DeShone Kizer / Kevin Hogan  

Baker Mayfield  / Tyrod Taylor  

Baker Mayfield

Quote: @medaille said:
They need to figure out how to squash this hiring of coaches
during the playoffs and prevent interviews with coaches in the playoffs.  It distracts from putting a quality product
on the field during the playoffs, and they would get an extra week or two of attention
after the season is over when all the coaches are hired in a week or two span.
just make a rule that no contact can be made with any coach under contract and that those contracts all run until the Wednesday after the superbowl.   if a team releases a coach from his contract then he can be interviewed prior to that date.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Your wish is my command! Wink

Tim Couch / Ty Detmer  

Doug Pederson  / Tim Couch / Spergon Wynn  

Tim Couch  

Tim Couch / Kelly Holcomb  

Kelly Holcomb / Tim Couch  

Jeff Garcia / Luke McCown  / Kelly Holcomb

Trent Dilfer / Charlie Frye  

Charlie Frye  / Derek Anderson  

Derek Anderson  / Charlie Frye  

Derek Anderson / Brady Quinn / Ken Dorsey / Bruce Gradkowski  

Brady Quinn  / Derek Anderson  

Colt McCoy / Jake Delhomme / Seneca Wallace  

Colt McCoy  / Seneca Wallace  

Brandon Weeden  / Thad Lewis  

Jason Campbell  / Brandon Weeden  / Brian Hoyer  

Brian Hoyer  / Johnny Manziel  / Connor Shaw  

Josh McCown / Johnny Manziel  / Austin Davis  

Cody Kessler / Robert Griffin III / Josh McCown  

DeShone Kizer / Kevin Hogan  

Baker Mayfield  / Tyrod Taylor  

Baker Mayfield
Well for the second time in 20 years, they had only 1 QB  starting this year.