Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orleans and NBC: Kiss my ass
Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
The only call I remember being pissed about yesterday was the holding penalty on Thielen during Mattison's first down run during their third possession.  Total BS!  Thielen released the block early and the guy drove into him.  Mattison got the ball to the NO 38 but instead they were set back to the Vikings 40 and lost all momentum. 
Yeah, that one heated me up pretty good, too. It's shit like this that can spell the difference in close games (see Kansas City), but I have to say, the bounces, calls, etc evened up a little in the 2nd half. 

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
The only call I remember being pissed about yesterday was the holding penalty on Thielen during Mattison's first down run during their third possession.  Total BS!  Thielen released the block early and the guy drove into him.  Mattison got the ball to the NO 38 but instead they were set back to the Vikings 40 and lost all momentum. 
there were quite a few missed holds or PIs on nawlins that could have really opened that game up more early on.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@CLOBIMON said:
Yeah, that one heated me up pretty good, too. It's shit like this that can spell the difference in close games (see Kansas City), but I have to say, the bounces, calls, etc evened up a little in the 2nd half. 
Totally agree with you guys, that penalty was my only gripe from an officiating standpoint.  Otherwise, I thought the refs did a good job of letting both teams play and not making it a flag fest.  They called the obvious stuff and let the little things go...  as a fan that is what you want this time of year when the stakes are high.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
What's funny is nobody is bringing up Cooks TD that likely wasnt if there was a better camera angle.
It was a TD.
The thing about those replays to prove it wasnt....they didnt show that it was either.  I dont think you could even piece together a convincing arguement that it was from the angles available.  I think that was a situation where the refs calling it a TD so that it could be reviewed benefitted us.
So it was called a TD, nothing to prove it wasn't, but you assume it wasn't.

Ball was near the helmet which crossed well into the plane on the initial surge.  
it was a late call which led me to believe that the official didnt see it either,  he is assuming that he made it and they are instructed to go ahead and signal TD and let replay decide.  In this case replay couldnt help confirm or refute the call on the field.  when I saw it live I didnt think he made it,  and after watching every replay about 10 times I still am not convinced.  Maybe you have an angle I havent seen,  but I have my doubts and that to me would be enough for a Saints fan to be screaming.  I know if it happened this way with the team reversed I would be pissed.
I called it a TD watching it live.  Nothing i have seen shows any different.  He got driven back, but the initial burst was a TD to me.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The NFL supervisor of officials confirmed no-call there was the RIGHT CALL. Typical hand fighting that happens all game long. 

I'm enjoying continuing to load up my bathtub with Saints' fan's tears. 
Mr Arizona gambling fan came in this morning and told me in no uncertain terms that we got away with one.  I laughed at him.  He must have bet wrong.  DB grabbing and clutching cuz he knew he was beat, good no call.

Prior to NO's first td---they hooked and held rudy from making a first down reception on 3rd and 6?  then on the punt caught and returned from the 15th to the 32 ignored the block in the back that got them out of the shadow of their own endzone.  So piss off saints 

Quote: @Akvike said:
Prior to NO's first td---they hooked and held rudy from making a first down reception on 3rd and 6?  then on the punt caught and returned from the 15th to the 32 ignored the block in the back that got them out of the shadow of their own endzone.  So piss off saints 
That's right.  The bogus call on Thielen and then the no call on that PI made a big difference in the game.  

Thielen's no hold called back a big run and I believe we had to punt.  Rudy should have had a catch to extend that drive as well.  So if they wanna bitch, let them bitch.  They seem good at it.

The false start in the fumble by Thielen, the illegal block by AT, and a PI not called when KR was trying to catch the ball iirc. 

Here's the pics of Rudy and Williams before the ball arrives.  Clearly Williams is getting handsy and the reason why the refs let them play.

[Image: awzu8ip2rtdv.jpg]

In the Great Footage - Game Winner thread, you can see Williams' left hand eventually grabs onto Rudolph's right elbow as Rudolph gets around him and in position to go up and get it.