Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legal Tampering Period
Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Well, Maybe this will shed light on how they use PP?
They need another safety and probably two no matter how you slice it.

It is a surprise he signed for so little especially when there were reports that the Vikings were interested in bringing him back.

I await the announcement of a worse safety for the veteran minimum that many will immediately pump up as being better than Harris.

This team needs a defensive end, offensive tackle, offensive guard, and two safeties and only has 1 pick in the top 77 right now.

I am hoping they have some more moves but am resigned to not expecting too much.
At the bold...that's pretty hard to dispute. Maybe 1 S this year with Harry on the books.

That's a lot of holes and Zimsu prioritized another DB over the OL so far. 

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Well, Maybe this will shed light on how they use PP?

This team needs a defensive end, offensive tackle, offensive guard, and two safeties and only has 1 pick in the top 77 right now.

...and if we needed a priority free agent or a 1st round draft pick at all those positions, we'd be in big trouble.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Kentis said:

Wow, $5m seems a little light...
Yeah, at that price, why didn't he stay a Viking?
We're tight against the cap and just used most of what we had to add a different DB (Peterson).  From reports, it sounds like we had offers to Harris, Peterson, and Sherman and Peterson was the one who took our deal.  I'm guessing the Vikings moved on from Harris, especially after we reportedly offered him a nice deal last off-season (which he turned down) before using the tag.

It would be nice to keep the Reiff's and Harris's but we offered them contracts to stay...  they said no and wanted to test the market...  Vikings moved on and went after different players.  I wonder if Harris and Reiff have any regrets...  seems like they ended up getting a lot less money than what the Vikings were willing to pay them.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't think the Vikings ever planned on retaining Harris. Overrated by the fans and this validates that, his contract is NOTHING. 
I don't think he was overrated by fans as much as he was overrated by PFF, who graded him a top 5 safety for two straight years. What really did him in was his lousy 2020, even by PFF standards.