Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the Excitement?
I'm excited, but last year took some wind out of my sails and reminded me of the one Vikings absolute... Just when you start to get cocky, they'll tear you down.

5-0 had me pretty cocky. To the point I bought tickets, hotel, and airfare to the Dallas game. I sold the tickets and never went. 

I'm approaching this season with a bit of a grain of salt.

I gotta believe our RB position is better than McKinnon and Asiata. Our Oline has to be at least a bit better although they still are the liability. 
I do think that LB will be improved even if a little green in comparison. DLine I think will be improved without FLoyd and with Robison giving way to his successor and him being fresh all game long. QB should be better given an actual offseason in the system, not to mention the system not having to be completely overhauled mid season. 

I think there is way too much doom and gloom for the team after a stupid first preseason game. Am I ready to hop on board the SuperBowl train? not exactly but I don't see reason to be so down about the team either. 

I agree with the other posters.  There are things to be excited about but after last year, I'm in the proof it/show it category before I get overly excited about this team.  Color me hopeful but cautious...

I won't stop being a fan ... i have given up optimism though.  

I lost excitement last year.  And I can see myself giving up the ticket after one more year of disappointment.  

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I won't stop being a fan ... i have given up optimism though.  

I lost excitement last year.  And I can see myself giving up the ticket after one more year of disappointment.  
Assuming you're talking about NFL Sunday Ticket, and my family is on fumes with that. It's literally no impact to our lifestyle, but my Wife & I are getting annoyed at paying that amount. 

We have moved to the bare bones minimum DTV package, and Hulu TV. The NFL needs to stop selling to the highest bidder and create their own OTT subscription service. MLB has it, and it's a joke that the NFL doesn't.

p.s. I also cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket for this season. First time in 12 years.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
 other thoughts:

Defense can win a championship, Offense put's aszes in the seats. It's been a very boring team to watch for most, pedestrian fans.

Look at the teams record for quite a while outside of 11/5...That malaise doesnt go away over night and 8/8 might as well be 5/11. 

I think once the year starts, and if a few of the kids on offense starting showing-up on highlight reels? The fans will notice. 

Vikes are still #1 in this town by a long-shot, just way off the national radar for now. 
8-8 is just the same as 5-11 in my gut... just without the good draft pick to look forward to.   

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
In just about 3 weeks, we will hit the regular season, but the Viking fan base does not seem all that excited, or maybe they are afraid to be let down again.

I think this team is better on offense, and top 10 defense (but not top 5).  If Schumer can be creative and we can get some line protection and blocking, we easily could be a 10-6 team.  Then again, that is probably the case for every other team in the league.  
Why are you expecting excitement, Tom?  Remember...  you're talking to a bunch of Vikings fans...  :-P

Let's review what has happened in the past two seasons...

1) Blair Walsh ripped out our hearts in the playoffs and surpassed Gary Anderson as the most reviled Kicker in Vikings history...

2) Our promising young QB's knee fucking exploded a week before the start of the 2016 season.  In a non-contact drill...

3) The Vikings traded for a QB who has never had a winning record during the regular season to replace him.

4) Fans start to believe in the team AND said QB after a 5-0 start..  only to watch the Vikings go 3-8 and miss the playoffs.

I'm starting to see why older fans like Sticky (no offense calling you old, but you are old...  Mr. OldieBuns.  LOL) are having a hard time getting excited about this team.  

I'm not anywhere near the level of becoming a bandwagon fan...  but I can't seem to get super excited... I'm more cautiously optimistic.  I'm not ashamed to admit...  a part of my Vikings fanaticism died when Teddy's knee blew up.  I just can't buy into Bradford until he leads this team to the playoffs.  

Fair?  No. Rationale?  Probably not.  I just feel like the past couple seasons have been mentally draining...  and I'm in full prove it mode this season.  I "think" we have a good team, but I wanna see it first. 

BOOM

Agreed Wet.  I was in full koolaid mode last year until Teddy went down.  Haven't been the same since.  (was just getting back to it at 5-0).  Then after repeated kicks to the groin, I folded.

I'm excited and confident for the season, but I feel like life is wearing me down a bit.