Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does A Tragic Injury Put Us In Place For A Franchise Changing Moment?
There's literally a litany of IFs here. IF Udoh or Samia (or maybe both) become Starters next year. IF Watts, Herc & Holmes do a Dragonball Z merge-thingy and become a great 3T. IF Hughes/Mac/Hill supplant Rhodes/Waynes. IF Ant Harris signs a team friendly deal. IF Zimmer lets EG go in favor of Weatherly/All Vowels.

Those are all the IFs that need to happen to risk a 1st on an inarguably massively talented kid. Too many by a lot, quite frankly. He'll either go to NE and win SBs or play less games than Bradford for a cursed franchise. 

Sometime you have to take a risk to be great. We are typically not in a position to take a top 5 talent. 

Dolphins pick 3 times before us. He is not making it to us.

I really don't see him falling that far. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
The whole point of picking a high QB is to have a cheap QB on an expensive team and try to win a super bowl. 

Problem is we already have a top 5 QB right now. Why would we boot him to the curb hoping Tua works out?
Right now, he's 5th statistically...if you truly believe he's a top 5 QB, well...
I pretty much do at this point.  He's for sure top 10 and he's certainly playing like one of the best in the league.  Here's a list and my order at this point:

Russell WilsonErin RodgersTom ShadyPatrick Mahomes  (does he only play great healthy?)
Kirk CousinsDrew BreesLamar Jackson (but only because of his running, will that last??)
Deshaun Watson

I'd take a Brees or Brady over him for this year but I think those two are about done as far as looking forward.  Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson are interesting but what happens when they can't run?  Every running QB so far works for a couple years until they get dinged.  Look at how fast Cam Newton went from being Superman to 2nd fiddle.