Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does A Tragic Injury Put Us In Place For A Franchise Changing Moment?
While there is always the possibility he returns for his senior year, Tua Tagovalia could be in play for us in the mid-20s...

He should be back throwing in 3 months...CJ Mosley had the same injury and was worked on by the same surgeon...prior to this, he's had a couple ankle issues, so that's a concern, and he's throwing to 2 NFL caliber WRs and is protected by two NFL caliber OTs...so, he's in the garden spot to suceed...but man, he's a consensus top 5 pick...

Perhaps fate has put us in position to get off the QB merry-go-round... 

Bo Jackson had the same surgery too...

I'm not a doctor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but Bo's surgery was nearly 30 years ago.

Mid 20's? I'm not ready to concede that #32 pick yet...

i was having the same thoughts saturday night.... but is he the nfl QB some think he is,  or is he another product of his football environment and wont transition well?  injury issues?  hmm.

Doctors said he has an 'excellent' prognosis for a full recovery. And yes, this will probably knock him down a bit in the first round. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
i was having the same thoughts saturday night.... but is he the nfl QB some think he is,  or is he another product of his football environment and wont transition well?  injury issues?  hmm.
Great minds...

Honestly, I've never looked at him with a critical eye as I never thought he'd be available...

Like I referred to, he is in a position that few can rival...reading TDN, there are few knocks...not as tall or big as you want, but there are plenty of QBs his size exceeding at this level...and seeing as the RT we have would be protecting his blindside, I think fate owes us a break...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Tua reminds me or Russell Wilson in his Badger days. 

I can't fathom him making to the 20's...I think they'd have to move up and with KC playing like he is now?

We'll see how this plays out.

The whole point of picking a high QB is to have a cheap QB on an expensive team and try to win a super bowl. 

Problem is we already have a top 5 QB right now. Why would we boot him to the curb hoping Tua works out?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
The whole point of picking a high QB is to have a cheap QB on an expensive team and try to win a super bowl. 

Problem is we already have a top 5 QB right now. Why would we boot him to the curb hoping Tua works out?
If the season ended today, we wouldn't. But we don't know how the season is going to end. It all really depends on a lot of things. How does Kirk finish the season? Can we actually extend Cousins and SAVE money? Who's available where we pick? What were we able to do in free agency to help the rest of the team? Can we clear enough cap space to sign another OL?

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a QB in the first. Even if Cousins wins a Super Bowl, two good QBs is a good thing. It's just like dating, ya gotta have a little overlap.