Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE or Steelers vs Brownies?
Like Hidalgo said, there are lines you don't cross.  No matter what happened to start it, you don't bash a guy in the head with a helmet.  He could have killed him or given him serious brain damage.

There is no excuse for what Garrett did.  None.

Again, not defending Garrett, guy is a POS, just think Rudolph isn't entirely blameless

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
not going to defend the act,  but what led up to that point?  what got Garret so pissed off to begin with?  the replays I have found all start with the helmet getting swung but dont show the whole story.
See video above.  Garrett took Rudolph down with like 8 seconds left, Browns up by 14....BUT... Rudolph tries to rip GARRETTS helmet off in protest (1:46) ......CAN'T.....then Garret goes Ape $hit.

Everyone was talking about Garrett flinging the helmet, and rightfully so, but Rudolph was the one who tried to rip helmets off...Garrett just finished it.

...of course our buddy Joe Buck missed it

Garrett put something extra into the tackle after the ball was away.  Maybe he didn't realize Rudolph got rid of it, but he put some extra juice into the takedown.  Rudolph wasn't feeling that was necessary at that point and grabbed his head.
Gotta love the idiots punching the helmet as they took him down.  At least they were defending their QB, but don't punch a helmet.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
did he even make contact with the helmet when he swung it?   I doubt MR would be so quick to be looking for a flag if he had gotten even a glancing blow from that wild swing.  that is scary shit right there.
Yeah, helmet hits Rudolph in the head.  Video above has a nice breakdown, if allowed to view here. (youtube)

But watch at 1:46 / 1:47...>RUDOLPH is the one who tries (unsuccessfully) to rip Garretts helmet off first
I saw that part of Rudolph starting the shit,  and then being dumb enough to go after garrett after he loses his helmet,  but I couldnt tell from that angle if he actually made contact with MR when he swung it,  like i said even a glancing blow would have likely had him stunned for a second and solid contact would have put any normal person on their ass.
At 2:15, 2:16 (Very end of the video above) you can see the helmet connect with Rudolph

He is lucky it was the padded part (bottom of the back of the neck) that connected with his head.  And he had the time to turn away from the blow.

The Dionte Johnson hit scared me.  getting ear-holed is frightening.

On a side note, this is what I've feared about the new VICIS helmet. (Johnson was wearing a Riddell Speed-Flex) The VICIS is a more flexible material that reflexes (like plastic car bumper).  When I looked at the VICIS I could practically squeeze both sides of the jaw-line to touch one another....I passed it to the next coach and said "No thanks"

Don't get at all the take that Rudolph instigated that kind of retaliation. Garrett pulled on his helmet by the face mask and dragged him by his head for a few yards, pulled it off and then smashed him over his unprotected head with it. Let's get real, don't blame Rudolph for this. Jesus.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
The Dionte Johnson hit scared me.  getting ear-holed is frightening.

On a side note, this is what I've feared about the new VICIS helmet. (Johnson was wearing a Riddell Speed-Flex) The VICIS is a more flexible material that reflexes (like plastic car bumper).  When I looked at the VICIS I could practically squeeze both sides of the jaw-line to touch one another....I passed it to the next coach and said "No thanks"
Maybe our forefathers had it right...

[Image: full-face-execution-mask-09032013.jpg]

[Image: Getty-98483936-Leather-Helmet2.jpg]

[Image: 7570a_med.jpeg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Don't get at all the take that Rudolph instigated that kind of retaliation. Garrett pulled on his helmet by the face mask and dragged him by his head for a few yards, pulled it off and then smashed him over his unprotected head with it. Let's get real, don't blame Rudolph for this. Jesus.
Rudolph shares blame for helping instigate the fight.  He was grabbing and clawing at Garrett's helmet while Garrett was laying on him.  That is what precipitated Garrett grabbing Rudolph's helmet.  Now Rudolph had reason to be upset because of the extra oompf on the tackle.  But he was involved from the beginning.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Rudolph shares blame for helping instigate the fight.  He was grabbing and clawing at Garrett's helmet while Garrett was laying on him.  That is what precipitated Garrett grabbing Rudolph's helmet.  Now Rudolph had reason to be upset because of the extra oompf on the tackle.  But he was involved from the beginning.
Didn't say he wasn't. What I'm saying is he's not responsible for that KIND of retaliation. It was over-the-top stupid. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Didn't say he wasn't. What I'm saying is he's not responsible for that KIND of retaliation. It was over-the-top stupid. 
Oh for sure.  Nothing is worth that type of response.