Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many questions in Charlottesville...
Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Republican David Gergen (worked in the White House of 4 different Presidents Republican and Democrat) "Trump will never be able to deal with the hate in this country until he deals with the hate in himself."  
His daughter is an Orthodox Jew convert. Kushner's whole family is incredibly Orthodox.

I don't get Trump on this, I really don't. He's got alt-right like Bannon on frigging staff then flip/flop the coin and its time for the Sabbath. 

Probably the way Donald wants it...People guessing. 

I'm not going to say that stuff didn't happen or try to deny things I don't know that much about.  But there are some things I feel fairly certain about.  The first is that the mainstream media almost always has an agenda.  They are propaganda and not an accurate slice of reality.  Their goal is to use unfortunate events to herd people into different groups, to divide and conquer.  They pump up racists and bigots to trigger the left to hate everything to their right.  They use minority violence and violent antifas to trigger the right into hating the right.  They want people to lump very broad segments of the population together when only a very small percentage are being violent or oppressive to other people.  What you don't hear anything about is everything that is actually important.

I don't think the way out of this is to blindly assume other people are bad people based on their skin color or political affiliations.  That's the exact same thing you hate about the "other" group.  You can't fear and hate the "others" and pretend that you are anything different than them.  I think the way out is to start assuming that almost all people are good, honest people, doing their best and dealing with the few individuals that pose a threat to the rest of us.  There are bad individuals out there, but they are individuals not groups.  They have names, and they've done bad things that warrant jail time, and there's evidence out there.

I think we can all agree that the absolute best thing that could have happened is if these loser White Nationalists would have been ignored by the citizens and media and just made fun of on late night TV.  But alas, they triggered us and look what happened.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Republican David Gergen (worked in the White House of 4 different Presidents Republican and Democrat) "Trump will never be able to deal with the hate in this country until he deals with the hate in himself."  

People who hate see hate in others.  There is a lot of irrational hatred of Donald Trump in this country.

Quote: @Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:

People who hate see hate in others.  There is a lot of irrational hatred of Donald Trump in this country.
I voted for Trump as there was no viable alternative.

I support much of what he proposes ( not necessarily how he proposes accomplishing his goals)

I very much want him to succeed as our President.

but damn I wish he would shut the fuck up and consult his assembled team before opening his mouth or twitter account.  he is catching flack for everything that has happened since he took office and much of what was in place prior to him getting elected and that is bull shit.  I would love to have seen past presidents from either party held up to the same candle power that Trump has been subjected to.

the guy is a dick,  of that I have no doubt, but he isnt evil reincarnate that some project him to be,  nor nearly as incompetent as he is often portrayed.

Bingo Jimmy.  As the president of our country, I want him to succeed.  I support many of his ideas.  But yes, shut the hell up for once.  And to the media, shut the fuck up and check yourself.  Did you question any of the democrat presidents' issues with any vigor?  How would they compare to the rational used against Trump.

Quote: @Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:

Really? Irrational? You could probably make that argument for Bush or Obama, but not Donald Trump. Trump is a whole separate thing. A scar on America's great history. He deserves every ounce of anger and fight we as those who believe in the IDEA of America can muster. 

Trump thinks there are two sides to blame at a Nazi rally. Does he say that because he believes it, which is alarming enough, or because he doesn't want to upset the large number of racists in his party who put him in office? I think it's a bit of both. 

But there are not two sides to blame in this. There are racist, hate-filled Nazis on one side and those opposed to that hate on the other.  

LMAO.

The left who went to the rally brought clubs and weapons.  And used them.

A representative from the ACLU was actually there and said nobody knows which side started the violence but agreed that both sides participated in it.

Oh by the way ... The guy who organized the rally is a Obama and Clinton supporter.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:

Really? Irrational? You could probably make that argument for Bush or Obama, but not Donald Trump. Trump is a whole separate thing. A scar on America's great history. He deserves every ounce of anger and fight we as those who believe in the IDEA of America can muster. 

Trump thinks there are two sides to blame at a Nazi rally. Does he say that because he believes it, which is alarming enough, or because he doesn't want to upset the large number of racists in his party who put him in office? I think it's a bit of both. 

But there are not two sides to blame in this. There are racist, hate-filled Nazis on one side and those opposed to that hate on the other.  
You really believe that?  The BLM types are not angry hate filled people?  The looting, rioting, destroying people, killing cops is just opposition to hate?

Funny how one side will condemn the hate, but the other won't.  The Nazi type don't speak for me and I have always condemned them.  But the silence from the left is a serious blind spot.  Or acceptance of hate.

Hate on the part of BLM? Did you dislocated a shoulder trying to twist that logic?

Man, it just doesn't work. BLM is a largely non-violent group opposed to racism and profiling. Nazis are the opposite. When a rogue gunman killed police officers in Dallas, it was roundly condemned by BLM. I'm still waiting for the Nazi condemnation of Charlottesville. Or was that what we heard in Trump's press conference?