Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it time to consider moving Rhodes?
Rhodes detour? 

I want the Vikings to cut him at the end of the year and use the savings to resign some of our younger tallent.  

This is the most tentative he has EVER looked, including his time at FSU. Looks more Waynes did as a Rookie than the Rhodes of old. And it's not just 2 bad games in a row. It's been consistently getting worse since last year.

He's always been a guy who liked to use his physicality to disrupt guys but had plenty of speed to burn to go along with it. Now he looks stiff and slow. And that's leading to playing tentative.

Revis fell off a cliff. So did Norman. It's not unprecedented. Whether it's age, injury or bulking up too much. Whatever the case is he's not right. Nobody is going to want to give up a lot to figure out what's gone wrong.

From what I remember from preseason, we were floating the idea of trading Trae Waynes. I think Zimmer has a soft spot for Rhodes.  So it might be Trae who is shopped around. But I think we stand pat when it’s all over. At least at CB. Don’t know the status of Doctson. That may influence our WR situation. Somehow I don’t like the idea of Gordon and Diggs in the same locker room.

Unless someone offers something stupid, I'd at least keep him for chemistry and depth this season. 

Doesn't mean he needs to (or should) retain a starting position. This is one instance where I think my instincts will be right and Zimm won't move him down the depth chart as early as he should.

As others have pointed out, this isn't a couple game instance anymore.