Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put Elf on a shelf
Two of those holds looked like iffy calls to me. But Elf Has a lot of work to do if he wants to stick as a starter. Maybe they should give Hill a few reps and see what he can do.

50 of the 75 yards of penalties last night just on holding calls and one of Elflein's was declined.

This needs to be cleaned up.

2nd qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

3rd qtr
Holding on Treadwell-10 yards
Holding on Elflein-10 yards (declined)
Holding on Elflein-10 yards

4th qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

Quote: @Ralphie said:

50 of the 75 yards of penalties last night just on holding calls and one of Elflein's was declined.

2nd qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

3rd qtr

4th qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

I got news for you, if Elf doesn't hold, he is going to get beat like a drum.  That tells ME something.  It should be telling the coaches something too!

Quote: @Ponifan said:
@Ralphie said:

2nd qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

3rd qtr

4th qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

I got news for you, if Elf doesn't hold, he is going to get beat like a drum.  That tells ME something.  It should be telling the coaches something too!
Two of those holds were iffy calls. But he surely  needs to get better at holding. They all do it. Some get away with it more than others. There are those who hold from the get go, Green Bays linemen come to mind. And there are those who hold when they are getting beat. The former get flagged less than the latte,r it seems.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@Ponifan said:
@Ralphie said:

2nd qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

3rd qtr

4th qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

Two of those holds were iffy calls. But he surely  needs to get better at holding. They all do it. Some get away with it more than others. There are those who hold from the get go, Green Bays linemen come to mind. And there are those who hold when they are getting beat. The former get flagged less than the latte,r it seems.
Beat me to it...Wonder if we could pay GB to have Elf spend some time with their OL coach?

The podcast made an excellent point. DCs are scheming to get him 1 on 1. Not the Rookie or the Journeyman RG. Pat Elflein. Who was the worst Center in the League last year by a country mile.

This team will only go as far as their Pass Protection will take them. He's the obvious weak link. Who's getting blown by and bowled over too often. They won't make a move but I'd sure like to see Jones or Samia get some snaps there.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@Ponifan said:
@Ralphie said:

2nd qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

3rd qtr

4th qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

Beat me to it...Wonder if we could pay GB to have Elf spend some time with their OL coach?

Or at least a signed copy of "Holding for Dummies"

Quote: @Nichelle said:
The responses to this are rough.

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/11889...63424?s=20
Oh man, a lot of those comments are brutal.

I don't think they fully thought that one through before posting.