Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming schedule doesn't look so tough now...
We beat all 4 of them team + 2 we already got that's a 6 game win streak. Who next after that? Let's roll this out to match that 2017 streak. Need to get the 3rd next. 
Need to go all Lou Brown like.
[Image: hikcu1u94c8a.jpg]
"OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before".

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
but they dont support pro football despite how hard the league worked to put not 1 but 2 teams there.  its pretty sad when the home team is playing in front of a hostile visitors crowd every week.
Why should they???  So because the NFL dumps two teams on them, they are obligated to pay hundreds of dollars to go watch them play?  The Rams abandoned LA and the Chargers are San Diego's team.  Football fans in LA moved on, they have other teams they have been rooting for during the past 20 years.  Are they just suppose to switch their allegiances cause the NFL is telling them do so?   It is total BS that fans and LA keep getting a bad rap for this.  No one in LA wanted these teams to move there and no one is funding the new stadium.  Some rich guy thought it would be profitable to build a stadium there.  Good for anyone in LA who refuses to buy into this.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
but they dont support pro football despite how hard the league worked to put not 1 but 2 teams there.  its pretty sad when the home team is playing in front of a hostile visitors crowd every week.
Why should they???  So because the NFL dumps two teams on them, they are obligated to pay hundreds of dollars to go watch them play?  The Rams abandoned LA and the Chargers are San Diego's team.  Football fans in LA moved on, they have other teams they have been rooting for during the past 20 years.  Are they just suppose to switch their allegiances cause the NFL is telling them do so?   It is total BS that fans and LA keep getting a bad rap for this.  No one in LA wanted these teams to move there and no one is funding the new stadium.  Some rich guy thought it would be profitable to build a stadium there.  Good for anyone in LA who refuses to buy into this.  
Los Angeles only supports teams that win. For a gigantic population density, they SUCK as fans. The worst. Its a historical fact. And its why they had a gigantic what, 18 year period where the most popular sport on earth (the NFL) wasn't there. While NYC had two NFL teams, the 2nd largest city in the United States had none.

Not sure why you are some kind of LA apologist, but they suck as a sports town. The Trojans, The Bruins and even the Rams for a time were incredibly good. They built a culture of winning and the fans followed. The Lakers. But there is so much else to do in Southern California that its hard to compete with the weather and landscape. 

@JimmyinSD said:
If only the nfl had tried to expand into other towns before finding out that fans in non NFL towns already have other allegiances they would have known that moving to LA was a bad idea.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Los Angeles only supports teams that win. For a gigantic population density, they SUCK as fans. The worst. Its a historical fact. And its why they had a gigantic what, 18 year period where the most popular sport on earth (the NFL) wasn't there. While NYC had two NFL teams, the 2nd largest city in the United States had none.

Not sure why you are some kind of LA apologist, but they suck as a sports town. The Trojans, The Bruins and even the Rams for a time were incredibly good. They built a culture of winning and the fans followed. The Lakers. But there is so much else to do in Southern California that its hard to compete with the weather and landscape. 
I have lived in LA for 30 years and have attended an abundance of sporting events here, so I think I have more knowledge on the subject than you ever will.  I really do not appreciate your comments about my neighbors and friends that have absolutely no merit.  

LA has two of the most successful and longest running franchises in the history of sports in the Dodgers and Lakers.  The Dodgers have far and away led the league in attendance over the past 7 years.  The team has an awesome fan base and Dodger Stadium is one of the best stadiums in sports to see a game. 

Despite the Rams abandoning the city and playing in a dump of stadium in an area that is not safe, the Rams were 10th in the league in attendance, 6 spots ahead of the Vikings last year.  Once they move into their new stadium, I guarantee they will be at the top of the league in attendance annually.    

The fact that we have great weather year round and that there is a lot to do here has nothing to do with fans supporting teams and has no validity at all.  As I said, how many cities can you find close to 200k fans watching college football on a Saturday. 

I have met many incredible lifelong friends here who are some of the best sports fans you will ever meet.  I had house full of friends over last night for MNF who are as knowledgeable as any sports fans you will ever find. My neighborhood had a number of parties throughout the Dodger's playoff run last year.  I have enjoyed so many great sports moments here in LA.  So yes, I take offense to your comments.  

Uh oh. I'm hoping I didn't start a debate here.

Obviously with that kind of population center, you are going to get some amazing people, and amazing sports fans.

It just seems those folks aren't buying Tix to support the local NFL teams. Last year the Rams were 10th in attendance, and there were so many Vikings fans at the game that they broke out the Skol chant.

I get it, they need time to build back up the loyalty. Likely a generation growing up supporting the local team.

Would it be fair to say that LA is a Lakers and Dodgers town?

@StickyBun said:

I have lived in LA for 30 years and have attended an abundance of sporting events here, so I think I have more knowledge on the subject than you ever will.  I really do not appreciate your comments about my neighbors and friends that have absolutely no merit.  

LA has two of the most successful and longest running franchises in the history of sports in the Dodgers and Lakers.  The Dodgers have far and away led the league in attendance over the past 7 years.  The team has an awesome fan base and Dodger Stadium is one of the best stadiums in sports to see a game. 

Despite the Rams abandoning the city and playing in a dump of stadium in an area that is not safe, the Rams were 10th in the league in attendance, 6 spots ahead of the Vikings last year.  Once they move into their new stadium, I guarantee they will be at the top of the league in attendance annually.    

The fact that we have great weather year round and that there is a lot to do here has nothing to do with fans supporting teams and has no validity at all.  As I said, how many cities can you find close to 200k fans watching college football on a Saturday. 

I have met many incredible lifelong friends here who are some of the best sports fans you will ever meet.  I had house full of friends over last night for MNF who are as knowledgeable as any sports fans you will ever find. My neighborhood had a number of parties throughout the Dodger's playoff run last year.  I have enjoyed so many great sports moments here in LA.  So yes, I take offense to your comments.  
Oh, so you are taking it personal!!?? Oh please, relax. My god. It wasn't some indictment on your very existence. lol, good lord. My comments weren't even about you.

You keep bringing up how many fans watch college football there: its because they created a culture of winning decades ago. And its the 'in' thing to do and be seen, especially USC. And the population density is second to only New York. And you bring up LA football attendance, you could hear the Skol chant on TV when they played the Vikings. Nobody gets more visiting, transient fan ticket purchases than LA/San Diego. The Dodgers are iconic and have a huge Mexican fanbase to pull from. 

Don't be so thin skinned. Its cool you and your friends are good fans. But the test of fans are do they show up when your teams suck. And LA most certainly does not. Nothing I said was in any way personal to you.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Can I say it?

It's not who you play, but when you play them.
So true,

That West Coast swing doesn't look so daunting now - with the exception of 5/1 Seattle. 

But we'll see where those teams are when the Vikings play em? Hopefully we're not bounce-back, visiting team fodder. 

I think we're better than that this year. 

Do you think in our lifetime we'll ever play Seattle in Minnesota?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Do you think in our lifetime we'll ever play Seattle in Minnesota?
We did.  And Walshed it.