Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Wow. Refs need to be fired
good luck GB, you have been outed and the NFL 1) cant give you more home games. 2) cant keep the favortism going

The whole thing is sickening.  I take heart in the fact that Green Bay imo is really 3-3 and later in the season the mirage will give way to reality.

Less than 24 hours later head of officiating says whoops my bad

effin unbelieveable sp

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@pumpf said:
@Chuckf said:
to all of you holier than thou folks who think the refs don’t fix games i give you tonight.  unreal
I don't know what the first part of your post is about... but no one can really argue with the second part.  This game reminded me of the Saints tainted win in 2009.  EVERY possible call (or non-call) went in Green Bay's favor.  It wasn't just one or 2... it was at least 4 (off the top of my head)- and all four had MAJOR impacts on helping the puke win.
On one of the illegal hands to the face, it was Baktiari who actually put HIS hands on Flowers' facemask.  But THAT wasn't called.  Nope...
After a loss a couple weeks ago with really bad officiating a poster or two were actually defending the refs and downplaying favoritism for certain teams and certain players.
Driving to work this morning and listening to the NFL channel on Sirius XM just made it worse. They were basically saying the Lions have themselves to blame for coming up short and settling for field goals. So does a team need to have a two score lead just to make sure they can overcome poor officiating?
I keep hearing people make that excuse too. Isn't that like saying a woman is to blame for being raped because of the way she dressed?

Quote: @Skodin said:
good luck GB, you have been outed and the NFL 1) cant give you more home games. 2) cant keep the favortism going
Sure they can.  This will all blow over... like it always does... with the help of a friendly (towards GB) media.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Skodin said:
Sure they can.  This will all blow over... like it always does... with the help of a friendly (towards GB) media.
Agreed. Its always blows over. Always. If the Saints getting royally screwed last year in the playoffs can get moved on from, anything can. 

Until the NFL has full times refs (not 20) that are held accountable for their incompetence, it'll be more of the same...horrible blind side block called in the Browns game that probably cost them the game...

Being held accountable (by someone other than the league) is the key.  If they're actually corrupt, being full-time will only give them more time to scheme better ways to get away with it.

I think it's accountability and what BN referenced as well; You need competent people doing the job.

IMO that means full time referees.