• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I do have to say there was something concerning
Reply to this and you're off the hook.

https://vikefans.com/discussion/#/discus...t-shopping

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

underwear section at goodwill

The only issue I had was when our LBs were burned in coverage trying to cover RBs.  I was having flashbacks to the Rams game last year.  But, something changed.  I assume that Zimmer figured out how to clean that up... because the Eagles stopped running it (or, at least, completing those passes).

I think we were inches away on at least 3 different occasions for that soft defense to have had interceptions.  I think part of that softer D look is to create more turnover opportunities and they damn near got to a hand full of them.  if those picks had come I dont think anybody has any issues with the scheme would they?

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

underwear section at goodwill

only if you utilize the 7 day exchange window!

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
It isn't like i am saying the team is shit or the game is shit. I just don't care for the way we play soft with a lead that isn't insurmountable at the time of the game. 

Of course they are a professional team and they are allowed to play well. I am speaking to how we react in those situations. How many felt the game was honkey dorey when they got within 4 points? No creeping into your mind of that "here we go again feeling?".... None? 

Mmmmkay. Sure. 
No offense Mike...  but fans are going to be a roller coaster of emotions during a game.  Comes with the territory of being a hardcore fan.

I had a teeny bit of doubt if we could close it out after Philly made it 24-20, but what I feel doesn't matter.  The results do and Zimmer adjusted pretty quickly to what Pederson did after that opening 2nd half drive for a TD.

We won by 18 points and sucked the life out of Philly from the late 3rd quarter on. 

We need to focus on the results and not nitpick tiny little points of the game.  The Vikings played well in all phases and look like a team that is finding it's identity.

I'm just glad the NDSU Bison led
Eagles team didn't beat us.  Yeah, I went from "All Giddy" to
"Oh Crap" then back to "Yeah, Baby!" in the end; it was
another bi-polar afternoon, and my dog thinks I'm insane.  Oh well, she
got a nice walk after the game so we both had an incredibly nice
afternoon.  B)

Overall, I have no complaints with
our D yesterday.  I'll bet Philly fans can't say that this morning.

I noticed at halftime Doug Pederson was asked how the Eagles we're able to finally find some success scoring on offense - he said the Eagles were "finally able to attack [our] linebackers." Obviously they didn't win the game with that strategy, but the quote came almost immediately off of those points.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
I noticed at halftime Doug Pederson was asked how the Eagles we're able to finally find some success scoring on offense - he said the Eagles were "finally able to attack [our] linebackers." Obviously they didn't win the game with that strategy, but the quote came almost immediately off of those points.
isnt that what most offenses try and do though?   get a mismatch (usually a RB or WR) on a LB?  I dont think its any secret that teams want to try and make Kendricks cover RBs down the field.

Pederson has the key to our zone, had it in the NFC Title game.  Zimmer doesn't like to expose players for to long because the man on man defense will give up the big play.  When we went soft it did exactly what we wanted, took a lot of time to score.  Problem is Diggs interception gave up a short field.