Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings will sign WR Josh Doctson
Which even more confuses me on why we want this never been---but hey I'm not qualified to question any of the leaderships decisions.

He is an outside receiver that can challenge downfield.  Very much needed in this O since we are going to see alot of stacked boxes with our heavy formations.  

All the receivers on the roster are best out of the slot until today

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
TE, not FB...
What I read is an average year in a Kubiak offense the TE see 120 targets,  the FB about 37,  and WR3 will see on average 21 per year.

RB averages 79.  WR 289

But as I have said all offseason,  this will be a Stefanski offense so who knows.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Coleman
Fuller 
Docson 
Treadwell

All 2016 1st rd'ers and taken in that order...
Fuller has been good in that when he plays he has been a quality NFL Receiver (injuries have been his problem). The rest are a dumpster fire.

Doctson was the guy I wanted originally.  He's shown more than Treadwell, but not consistently.  If healthy he's more of a deep threat than Beebe or Johnson, but that's about it.

Has the transaction been done yet to cut a player for Doctson's spot on the roster?

I think Doctson is a minor upgrade over Treadwell.  At the very least, I think he's a better fit in that he's a deep threat amongst all our slot receivers.  Also compared to everyone that's not Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, he's got a little experience, so it's not like we're pushing so many raw guys out there at once if Diggs or Thielen gets injured.

Quote: @medaille said:
I think Doctson is a minor upgrade over Treadwell.  At the very least, I think he's a better fit in that he's a deep threat amongst all our slot receivers.  Also compared to everyone that's not Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, he's got a little experience, so it's not like we're pushing so many raw guys out there at once if Diggs or Thielen gets injured.
Good take. He's got a different skill set than Treadwell and has actually proven himself a bit more also statistically. Its a minor move but at least he brings something that is a better fit potentially to the team. 

IMO this is mostly that Spielman probably wanted Doctson three years ago. That said, on paper he has been more effective than Treadwell.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
IMO this is mostly that Spielman probably wanted Doctson three years ago. That said, on paper he has been more effective than Treadwell.
hopefully this man crush hook up goes better than Spielmans last one...