Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings will sign WR Josh Doctson
Cut one bust, going to give another bust a shot. 5 WRers on the team now. More potential in this guy than Treadwell, but its nothing more than a flier. 

WTH. Seriously. Feels like a bad FFL owner.

We needed to add a 5th receiver. He has some experience with Cousins and was more productive than Treadwell, but he's obviously a guy who hasn't lived up to his potential. Maybe a change of scenery and lowered expectations will do him well. He doesn't need to be a star, so we'll see what happens.

I liked him out of college. Was a great route runner with nice height. Surprised he never did more...

Who they releasing to make space?

Coleman
Fuller 
Docson 
Treadwell

All 2016 1st rd'ers and taken in that order...

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Who they releasing to make space?
Probably release someone from the active roster and release someone from the practice squad.  Once this player clears waivers, he can be placed on the practice squad.  Basically, they're releasing a player from the practice squad. 

Supposedly, Doctson signed an one year deal with the Vikings...

Doctson is a good pick up in my opinion. I think he only had a couple of drops on the season last year. Biggest concern on Doctson has been injuries. He lost nearly all of his rookie year and has missed some more here and there. If he’s healthy and maintains it, I think he’ll push for a few reps.

I think with Thielen and Diggs, Doctson as the 3rd receiver could possibly do really well as being a part of this trio.  Expectations won't be that high for him and he can get separation against pretty good defensive backs.

He look decent last time the Vikings played the skins. Been a couple years though.