Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmers fed up with Trump policies
[Image: CornYieldTrend_US.gif]

Hard to beat price inflation when the crop inflates every year just due to tech and practices.  Now if Trump had not gotten into office I'm absolutely sure that this trend would have stopped. 

Sorry just don't happen to agree with you.  Have association with Ag extension folk and my wife is in the industry, and this administrations policy, or lack there of is going to exacerbate the impact of poor ag practices and fragile business structure.  Nothing is being done to address the current situation on any level.  Just my simple opinion, but to my original point, 4 dollar corn is not a good market.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Sorry just don't happen to agree with you.  Have association with Ag extension folk and my wife is in the industry, and this administrations policy, or lack there of is going to exacerbate the impact of poor ag practices and fragile business structure.  Nothing is being done to address the current situation on any level.  Just my simple opinion, but to my original point, 4 dollar corn is not a good market.
well there sure were a shit ton of acres planted (after the cut off date for crop insurance)  for a crop that is not a good market (and has seen the price rise since those crops were planted.  if those farmers werent going to make money on corn with an april/may plant date,  why would they still plant it in June knowing that they had lost a significant amount of their growing season and were doing so with much more risk due to the lack of crop insurance?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
well there sure were a shit ton of acres planted (after the cut off date for crop insurance)  for a crop that is not a good market (and has seen the price rise since those crops were planted.  if those farmers werent going to make money on corn with an april/may plant date,  why would they still plant it in June knowing that they had lost a significant amount of their growing season and were doing so with much more risk due to the lack of crop insurance?
They are speculating, betting, gambling, whats the term, putting themselves "upside down" anticipating a huge payoff.  Perhaps another payoff check before the election.    

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
They are speculating, betting, gambling, whats the term, putting themselves "upside down" anticipating a huge payoff.  Perhaps another payoff check before the election.    
lol another payoff?  the first payout was $0.01/b for corn. it cost $0.05 to administer. they would have done more good by hauling the excess to the middle of nowhere and dumping it. 

The article sadly is simply political drivel. It’s a well designed talking point for the masses. It’s nice to see a few like AGR provide some reality. It’d be frigging nice though if we could blame everything on Trump, vote and all would be magically better

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
The article sadly is simply political drivel. It’s a well designed talking point for the masses. It’s nice to see a few like AGR provide some reality. It’d be frigging nice though if we could blame everything on Trump, vote and all would be magically better
What parts of it are inaccurate?

Are farmers jumping for joy?  Is losing 80% of the market from your #1 customer a good thing?  Are tariffs helping farmers or hurting them?

Political drivel ... riiiiight.   Right up there with yelling "fake news" about any articles on Trump's policies that are actually hurting Americans rather than helping them.

Fake news is the Russian hoax.  

Come on.  Say I am wrong.  

It is all coming out.  

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
What parts of it are inaccurate?

Are farmers jumping for joy?  Is losing 80% of the market from your #1 customer a good thing?  Are tariffs helping farmers or hurting them?

Political drivel ... riiiiight.   Right up there with yelling "fake news" about any articles on Trump's policies that are actually hurting Americans rather than helping them.

Every farmer I know thinks the trade war is a necessary evil. Theyre tierd of getting bent over by China on everything. Trump just happens to be the first one with big enough balls to call a spade a spade.  Corn and bean prices had been trending downward from the ethanol highes of the late 2010s and then the severe under yielding year of 2012. 

This to shall pass.