Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8/3 was an awful day in this country....
Quote: @KingBash said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
"Thoughts and prayers" needs to go away. It solves nothing. 

Here's one of the major problems:

"We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country [sic - because he's an idiot]. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judge [sic] or Court Cases [sic], bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order[sic - this isn't the TV show, no need to capitalize, dummy]. Most children come without parents..." - President Baby

THIS guy is a major part of the problem. We have a gun control problem, a mental health problem, but the latest catalyst is a mentally ill narcissistic dick head riling up easily-influenced stupid people. Impeach this fucking guy now. It's only going to get worse. 

There will ALWAYS be stupid people, but we need to collectively work together to stop emboldening them. He's doing it for his ego (and votes). 
good thing once hes out of office it will go back to the way it was before him when there were no gun problems,  no racial issues, no immigration problems,  mental health was dealt with... 

oh wait.  we had all those things before he was elected.
We did, thanks to Republican agendas. And he's made them way worse.

You're not gonna win this one. I'm right and you know it.
you already lost,  just to blind to see it.   nothing right about you.

@pumpf said:
Typical.  

The El Paso shooter may have been a Trump supporter.  But you know what else he was?  The product of a broken family.  Like the vast majority (26/27 in 2018) of mass shooters, his parents got divorced when he was young.  Over 90% of inmates come from broken homes... as well as 75% of rapists.  There are other stats I could post, but I'm too lazy to do it now.  

Divorce is the one, single thing that the vast majority of shooters have in common.  The Ohio shooter was a staunch Democrat... and an atheist / Satan worshiper.  But- strangely- that didn't get mentioned.  (By the way, his parents were still married, making him the exception to the rule).  But he did commit various "crimes" while in HS that should've not only warned his parents to do something... but also precluded him from being able to buy a gun.

As usual, it APPEARS that the only reason some people care about shooting victims... is to further their political ideology (i.e. "win" a fight).  That is REALLY sad.

Suncoast is correct: it is a mental health issue.  Obviously divorce has a terribly profound- and negative- impact on children.  Not every child who comes out of a divorced family is going to go on a shooting rampage... just as not every Sunday School student (from an intact family) grows up to be a saint.  But clearly there is a correlation here... one that no one wants to confront, because it would mean that our choices- as adults- matter... and can negatively impact our future children.  Acknowledging that would mean that we have- perhaps unintentionally- contributed to these terrible events.  And since no one wants that on their conscience, it is much easier to blame the big, bad orange man.  
You're such a fake Christian. You'll support separating children from their parents at the border because, as you said, laws are laws. But when a right-wing fuck shoots up a public place, you find out he's a Trump supporter and go on the defensive.

Fuck you, man.
once again with the lack of civility.   i thought you were done with this place?  apparently your self imposed time off wasnt effective.   keep it civil or you will be gone.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
"Thoughts and prayers" needs to go away. It solves nothing. 

Here's one of the major problems:

"We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country [sic - because he's an idiot]. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judge [sic] or Court Cases [sic], bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order[sic - this isn't the TV show, no need to capitalize, dummy]. Most children come without parents..." - President Baby

THIS guy is a major part of the problem. We have a gun control problem, a mental health problem, but the latest catalyst is a mentally ill narcissistic dick head riling up easily-influenced stupid people. Impeach this fucking guy now. It's only going to get worse. 

There will ALWAYS be stupid people, but we need to collectively work together to stop emboldening them. He's doing it for his ego (and votes). 
good thing once hes out of office it will go back to the way it was before him when there were no gun problems,  no racial issues, no immigration problems,  mental health was dealt with... 

oh wait.  we had all those things before he was elected.
We did, thanks to Republican agendas. And he's made them way worse.

You're not gonna win this one. I'm right and you know it.
you already lost,  just to blind to see it.   nothing right about you.
Nah, I'm right. I look down on people like yourself. You're part of the problem.

We dismiss people like you.

@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Trump is proposing tying stricter gun laws to stricter border control on immigration.   I would do this deal as a conservative.   How about the libs,  would expanded back ground checks to cover all gun transactions (including private and guns shows) be enough of a move to get the left to get on board with stronger border control including a wall?
If they thought it was an even trade. I doubt it though. Chances are they counter offer. Magazine limits and assault style bans. Which the right would consider just as lopsided. So nothing happens. By the way I feel the expanded background checks should be done already. Including guns shows. I'm sure those even more liberal then me would find your trade offering insulting.
I agree on the back ground checks,  but I also think our southern border situation should have been dealt with decades ago as well.
I'm not against expanded border security or even throwing illegals back. I'm just pointing out that offering them something many believe should be done already as a minimal to keeps guns out of the wrong hands would hardly seem like an even trade for his signature package. The wall.
Kind of trading a 6th for a 1st.

@KingBash said:
@pumpf said:
Typical.  

The El Paso shooter may have been a Trump supporter.  But you know what else he was?  The product of a broken family.  Like the vast majority (26/27 in 2018) of mass shooters, his parents got divorced when he was young.  Over 90% of inmates come from broken homes... as well as 75% of rapists.  There are other stats I could post, but I'm too lazy to do it now.  

Divorce is the one, single thing that the vast majority of shooters have in common.  The Ohio shooter was a staunch Democrat... and an atheist / Satan worshiper.  But- strangely- that didn't get mentioned.  (By the way, his parents were still married, making him the exception to the rule).  But he did commit various "crimes" while in HS that should've not only warned his parents to do something... but also precluded him from being able to buy a gun.

As usual, it APPEARS that the only reason some people care about shooting victims... is to further their political ideology (i.e. "win" a fight).  That is REALLY sad.

Suncoast is correct: it is a mental health issue.  Obviously divorce has a terribly profound- and negative- impact on children.  Not every child who comes out of a divorced family is going to go on a shooting rampage... just as not every Sunday School student (from an intact family) grows up to be a saint.  But clearly there is a correlation here... one that no one wants to confront, because it would mean that our choices- as adults- matter... and can negatively impact our future children.  Acknowledging that would mean that we have- perhaps unintentionally- contributed to these terrible events.  And since no one wants that on their conscience, it is much easier to blame the big, bad orange man.  
You're such a fake Christian. You'll support separating children from their parents at the border because, as you said, laws are laws. But when a right-wing fuck shoots up a public place, you find out he's a Trump supporter and go on the defensive.

Fuck you, man.
once again with the lack of civility.   i thought you were done with this place?  apparently your self imposed time off wasnt effective.   keep it civil or you will be gone.
You've got me there, it's tough to stay logged out when you're proven right time and again. Unfortunately, I have to remind simple people like yourself how correct I am and have been over a mass shooting.

Lack of civility? Certainly. It's come to that. Time to call out this phony Christian conservative nonsense for what it is. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
@pumpf said:
Typical.  

Fuck you, man.
You've got me there, it's tough to stay logged out when you're proven right time and again. Unfortunately, I have to remind simple people like yourself how correct I am and have been over a mass shooting.

Lack of civility? Certainly. It's come to that. Time to call out this phony Christian conservative nonsense for what it is. 
so you are saying you cant be adult and civil?   thats what I am getting here,  you are not willing to follow the rules of the board?

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Trump is proposing tying stricter gun laws to stricter border control on immigration.   I would do this deal as a conservative.   How about the libs,  would expanded back ground checks to cover all gun transactions (including private and guns shows) be enough of a move to get the left to get on board with stronger border control including a wall?
If they thought it was an even trade. I doubt it though. Chances are they counter offer. Magazine limits and assault style bans. Which the right would consider just as lopsided. So nothing happens. By the way I feel the expanded background checks should be done already. Including guns shows. I'm sure those even more liberal then me would find your trade offering insulting.
I agree on the back ground checks,  but I also think our southern border situation should have been dealt with decades ago as well.
I'm not against expanded border security or even throwing illegals back. I'm just pointing out that offering them something many believe should be done already as a minimal to keeps guns out of the wrong hands would hardly seem like an even trade for his signature package. The wall.
I guess just like all compromise,  the values will never be agreed upon.   I hardly think you are putting fair value on either of them , but thats what will make it difficult.  who says how important what is to either side.  if you honestly believe that expanded back ground checks will be effective and save innocent American lives... how can you rate that as a 6th rounder?

@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I guess just like all compromise,  the values will never be agreed upon.   I hardly think you are putting fair value on either of them , but thats what will make it difficult.  who says how important what is to either side.  if you honestly believe that expanded back ground checks will be effective and save innocent American lives... how can you rate that as a 6th rounder?
I was putting an exaggerated value on it. Just exaggerating my point.
I wish the politicians could trade like sports teams. They don't even try anymore.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I was putting an exaggerated value on it. Just exaggerating my point.
I wish the politicians could trade like sports teams. They don't even try anymore.
personally I think the reason they dont make the effort on these hot button issue,  what would they have to separate themselves from their opponents come election day?  if team red and team blue were optically closer together because they  didnt have these media driven emotionally charged topics,  it would be much more difficult for them to get  you to vote their way.

honestly,  I dont think the majority of people that are pro abortion actually arent staunch baby killers or even stanch womans rights advocates,  just as I dont think that most pro gun advocates are as crazy as some make it seem when it comes to things like clip capacities, back ground checks, bump stocks and many other things,  but we have been programmed by decades of talk media and now social media to think  that if we show any hint of concession on these issues that we will lose it all,  we are being programmed to hate (not just disagree with), yes hate,  those that dont see things exactly like we do.

sadly for all Americans,  I think our division is not an accident,  this is planned and coordinated and when we find out why we will all be regretting our parts in allowing it to happen.   

@KingBash said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
@pumpf said:
Typical.  

Fuck you, man.

so you are saying you cant be adult and civil?   thats what I am getting here,  you are not willing to follow the rules of the board?
I'm talking to other adults. If bad language upsets another adult, that's on them.