Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: Vikings working on big extension for Kyle Rudolph
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Going to make him possibly the highest paid TE in football? Really? 5 years? 

Can someone help me understand why they'd want to do this? I'm really asking here..... :o
I would prefer to cut him.  He is not worth a roster spot imo.  
Pretty harsh. I tend to compare Rudolph to Everson Griffen in value, because the team decided Everson is "worth a roster spot".

Who started more games the last 3 years?
Which is older? Which has significant health/whatever question marks?Which of these players has a young replacement on the roster who has actually played in the NFL and produced?Which plays on a unit that has been a weakness for the Vikings and shouldn't be stripped of proven resources?
I expect this extension will have overall numbers that sound impressive but there won't be much more guaranteed than Rudolph's 2019 salary. Why is that bad?

with the way Rudy has talked about long term security,  i dont see him getting cozy with a bull shit contract.  He would likely be better off playing out his last year and entering FA than to take a deal with little/no additional guaranteed money.
Unless he wasn't lying when he said he wanted to stay in Minnesota. I've said this before, but I can't think of a player on the Vikings who seems to enjoy his off-field life in Minnesota more than Rudolph.  And, yes, that's just a perception on my part. 

I really want him back for 2019. Having him and Irv on the field at the same time will be a very good thing for this offense. That said, I'm not a big fan of any sort of long term deal that puts us in a finanical straitjacket down the road. A well-written, team-friendly deal that gives him some guarantees, gives us some cap relief this year, but also gives the Vikings some outs would be OK with me. 

Right now, this is all just a rumor. And it's not even being reported by some of the better known rumor mongers. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
Where are you reading this, Sticky?  I can't find anything on Twitter...  is this legit?
Yeah, it was in my Twitter feed early this morning. I'm trying to find it.....Vikingage.com had it?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-progress/

And just like that...some jerk jumped off his end of the seesaw while I was in the air. 
Ps: not calling you that jerk AGR.

Just tired of this ride.
keep your chin up,  thats just from Florio, he used to have some good stuff,  but since he went full time big league I think he is getting soft and slow in terms of news and football takes.
Right, none of us know how long ago Florio talked to his "source".  Could be news or could be a big nothing burger. 
Yep...Florio is that kinda jerk. Never take your football news from a lawyer. A bad lawyer at that. Clickbait messenger.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

That said, I'm not a big fan of any sort of long term deal that puts us in a finanical straitjacket down the road. A well-written, team-friendly deal that gives him some guarantees, gives us some cap relief this year, but also gives the Vikings some outs would be OK with me. 
This all day and twice on Sunday.