Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: Vikings working on big extension for Kyle Rudolph
Going to make him possibly the highest paid TE in football? Really? 5 years? 

Can someone help me understand why they'd want to do this? I'm really asking here..... :o

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

Can someone help me understand why they'd want to do this? I'm really asking here..... :o
We need to find a way to keep Rudy, but I would not be a fan of a multi year deal. Curious to see what sort of magic Rick and Rob spin into the word "multi."

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

We need to find a way to keep Rudy, but I would not be a fan of a multi year deal. Curious to see what sort of magic Rick and Rob spin into the word "multi."
From what I'm reading this morning, 5 years.....but how much of that is hard and real is unknown.

You can drop your transmission switching gears like this.
trade bait
to pay reduction to 
5 year contract
(of which he will play one or two)

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
You can drop your transmission switching gears like this.
trade bait
to pay reduction to 
5 year contract
(of which he will play one or two)
Yeah this is my thinking. Very mixed messages I keep getting. I'm a huge fan and defender of Rudy here. I'm not big on the idea of a 5 year commitment though. There has to be a easy way out in a couple years. I do believe he is important to us now though. So talking is encouraging.

Always interesting in Eagan.  We'll have to get a look at how much of the $$ is real and how is it being paid?  

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

I would prefer to cut him.  He is not worth a roster spot imo.  

Is the team better next year without Rudy?  I'm not sure why having the best TE in Viking history not named Steve Jordan on the team is a bad thing.

The team is having cap problems because of a certain mediocre QB, not because of frivolous spending towards at the TE position.  I hope they get a deal done for Rudy.

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:

I would prefer to cut him.  He is not worth a roster spot imo.  
Uh, what?  Rudolph isn't worth a roster spot?  I guess there are only about 5 or 6 TEs in the NFL that are worth a roster then...

Where are you reading this, Sticky?  I can't find anything on Twitter...  is this legit?