Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#3 WR?
Quote:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Not saying treadwell played good,  but he only had 1 more dropped pass than Cook on a few more targets.  I can recall 1 or 2 that were glaring head up ass moments,  but I also saw those from Rudy, Diggs, and AT.

The kid isn't what we expected,  but he isn't total shit either.

But hell no on the 5th year option,  in fact I hope that goes away because it really hasn't helped the team out much anyway.

As far as a 3rd WR,  does anybody know how often Steph plans on using a 3rd WR over a 2nd or 3rd TE?  Lots of hand wringing over nothing IMO. 
They’ll run a lot of 2 TE sets in Kubiak’s offense...
hard to call it kubiaks offense when ive read that he isnt even going to be around the team full time.  sure he will have a hand in helping to design part of the play book,  but if  he isnt calling plays or even running practices and game plans how can it really be his offense?

@JimmyinSD said:
Quote:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Not saying treadwell played good,  but he only had 1 more dropped pass than Cook on a few more targets.  I can recall 1 or 2 that were glaring head up ass moments,  but I also saw those from Rudy, Diggs, and AT.

But hell no on the 5th year option,  in fact I hope that go)es away because it really hasn't helped the team out much anyway.

As far as a 3rd WR,  does anybody know how often Steph plans on using a 3rd WR over a 2nd or 3rd TE?  Lots of hand wringing over nothing IMO. 
hard to call it kubiaks offense when ive read that he isnt even going to be around the team full time.  sure he will have a hand in helping to design part of the play book,  but if  he isnt calling plays or even running practices and game plans how can it really be his offense?
Huh? The assistant HC isn't going to be  around full time? I missed that.
I dont remember where but the article mentioned that his health  wouldn't allow for him to be there full time.  He would spend part of the week working from home and fly in for game days and  other things like TC amd OTAs.  Basically a sounding board and co collaborator for Zim and Stefanski.

They have never really said what his duties are going to be that I have heard,  just that everybody assumes he is 1B on the coaching chart and i dont know that that's correct.
I've said it before Jimmy but seems like a good place to say it again. Is anyone else even a little worried about all this "Kubiak’s offense" talk. Thought Kevin was the OC. I'm a little concerned about the too many cooks in the kitchen thingy. I do like to worry sometimes though...
Pay no mind.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:

But hell no on the 5th year option,  in fact I hope that goes away because it really hasn't helped the team out much anyway.

@JimmyinSD said:
Quote:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:

But hell no on the 5th year option,  in fact I hope that go)es away because it really hasn't helped the team out much anyway.

I dont remember where but the article mentioned that his health  wouldn't allow for him to be there full time.  He would spend part of the week working from home and fly in for game days and  other things like TC amd OTAs.  Basically a sounding board and co collaborator for Zim and Stefanski.

They have never really said what his duties are going to be that I have heard,  just that everybody assumes he is 1B on the coaching chart and i dont know that that's correct.
I've said it before Jimmy but seems like a good place to say it again. Is anyone else even a little worried about all this "Kubiak’s offense" talk. Thought Kevin was the OC. I'm a little concerned about the too many cooks in the kitchen thingy. I do like to worry sometimes though...
Pay no mind.
I'm not worried.  Stefanski is a smart dude and knows that if Kubiak comes in and stomps on his opportunity it wont look well for his resume going forward.  I think the fans and the media are reading more into Kubiak's involvement than what is there.  He is going to be involved like training wheels on a kids bike,  they help with stabilization and confidence,  but the kid still provides the power and controls direction.

He is an offensive  advisor and assistant head coach,  why aren't people assuming that he will be handling the running of the team on game days?  That asst HC position sounds more controlling than that of an advisor IMO.

I have very little concern of a pending power struggle.

Kevin and Klint are buddies. It just so happens that Klint has a cool dad that is an Outside Zone Blocking guru that needed a job and had a friend that was a respected O-Line Coach.

This is Kevin's show with support from his buddy, whom I'm sure would also like to be an OC some day. Dad's around for support and to keep the grumpy old HC company.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:

@JimmyinSD said:
Quote:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Pay no mind.
I'm not worried.  Stefanski is a smart dude and knows that if Kubiak comes in and stomps on his opportunity it wont look well for his resume going forward.  I think the fans and the media are reading more into Kubiak's involvement than what is there.  He is going to be involved like training wheels on a kids bike,  they help with stabilization and confidence,  but the kid still provides the power and controls direction.

He is an offensive  advisor and assistant head coach,  why aren't people assuming that he will be handling the running of the team on game days?  That asst HC position sounds more controlling than that of an advisor IMO.

I have very little concern of a pending power struggle.

Yes, definitely could be that fans and media say "Kubiak" because he's just much more well-known. From a fan perspective, it inspires a lot more hope to think about bringing in a Super Bowl winner former head coach to revive our offense than to say our new OC is someone Brad Childress hired and has hung around forever.
But there are some reports that this goes beyond fans and media. Dalvin Cook was interviewed on KFAN last week and every other sentence he said was something about "Coach Kubiak" or "Coach Kubiak's system", with one little remark about Stefanski at the very end. That reflects who has a high degree of interaction with players.

I think this year it'll be Treadwell. He doesn't have much trade value and the Vikings, right now anyway, can't afford his cap hit.

Don't sleep on Jordan Taylor. He's not only a Kubiak guy, he was an ascending receiver who made the final roster in Denver in 2016 before a hip injury derailed his career. 6-4, 210, 4.53 forty. Really good SS, 3C and jump numbers and he makes circus catches. In his final preseason game that year he had four receptions for 109-yards and two TDs.

They’ll work in Smith at H back, fullback, & out of the slot. Smith had the 4th highest total of slot plays in this TE class. Kubiak will be in the booth & in communication w/ Stefanski during games.

The problem that fans
and the media have is that we have no history as to what a Stefanski offense
looks like, we can only assume that it’s going to look like the historical
Kubiak offense because they brought so many coaches from that system.

I don’t think that
because we lack an idea of what Stef wants that it means he’s not in charge or
that there is a power struggle.

Quote: @medaille said:
The problem that fans
and the media have is that we have no history as to what a Stefanski offense
looks like, we can only assume that it’s going to look like the historical
Kubiak offense because they brought so many coaches from that system.

I don’t think that
because we lack an idea of what Stef wants that it means he’s not in charge or
that there is a power struggle.
So I'm only afraid of what I don't know? 
Yep that sounds like me.
Thanks.

I think Stefanski will brings parts of several great OCs that he worked under,  Turner,  shurnur and working with Kubiak.   He is in a great position  to make his own name as recognizable as theirs.  I actually heard somebody on  the radio a few weeks back when they were talking about future HCs say Stefanski will be a HC in less than 5 years.

According to PA, Beebe was nearly uncoverable before he got hurt last year.  We got to see a bit of it in the preseason against the scrubs, but he was supposedly doing it in practice to our starters on regular basis.  He's got limitations, simply due to his size, but he could easily be a chain moving pain in the ass on 3rd down in the middle of the field.   If he's even half that good, I'd put him up against what Treadwell has shown he's capable of.