Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#3 WR?
Any guesses? Yes, 2 great starters, but who plays if Diggs or Thielen miss some time? Who comes in on 3-receiver packages? I see less backup talent here than at any other position on the roster, and it doesn't seem like we have the money to sign anyone else (even if anyone is available).

Me

I can run a 8.4 40.   I'm over weight, short and don't have very good hand eye coordination.  Should fit right in with Turdy. 

I can tell you who it WON'T be....

5th year option?   Uh no.

Honestly, I don't get all the angst over who our #3 WR is going to be...  last season, we had Treadwell and Robinson combine for 533 yards and 6 TDs as our WR3.  I think those are good numbers considering the number of mouths we had to feed in the passing game.

If you want a name...  I'll go with Chad Beebe.  The team was reportedly pretty high on him last year.  He might be ready to step in as a slot WR and share WR3 duties with Treadwell depending on the personnel package the Vikings put on the field.  I would also expect Irv Smith to be featured in some packages.

I think we're going to be OK...

So wet it's the eye test----too damn many uncontested drops by tready---his reception rate might have been 66% compared to nearly 69 and 73 for diggs and thielen but his drops were glaring no one within several yards and boink.  Not like the other two fighting to get to a ball drops for the most part.

Dillon Mitchell could be a dark horse...  he has some swag (good and bad) even though he's got a thin frame.  If you watched Oregon at all, he's pretty nifty after the catch.  A little Diggs-like wiggle to him in the open field.  The best thing this guy could do is follow Thielen and Diggs around and put in the work that they do everyday.

My money’s still on Treadwell unless he gets cut.  He’s probably got the most snaps out of
anyone and this team likes to go with experience rather than potential.

I think Smith will cut into his snap count though.  Hopefully a young WR can play well enough to
steal playing time from Treadwell.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
My money’s still on Treadwell unless he gets cut.  He’s probably got the most snaps out of
anyone and this team likes to go with experience rather than potential.

I think Smith will cut into his snap count though.  Hopefully a young WR can play well enough to
steal playing time from Treadwell.
My grandma could play well enough to steal playing time from Treadwell, so that's not the issue.  The issue is the team not owning up to their mistake and continually letting Treadwell stink up the field and hurt the team.

I will be extremely disappointed with the front office and coaching staff if Treadwell even makes the team this year.

Not saying treadwell played good,  but he only had 1 more dropped pass than Cook on a few more targets.  I can recall 1 or 2 that were glaring head up ass moments,  but I also saw those from Rudy, Diggs, and AT.

The kid isn't what we expected,  but he isn't total shit either.

But hell no on the 5th year option,  in fact I hope that goes away because it really hasn't helped the team out much anyway.

As far as a 3rd WR,  does anybody know how often Steph plans on using a 3rd WR over a 2nd or 3rd TE?  Lots of hand wringing over nothing IMO.