Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GOT in 2 days the wait is almost over
Almost didn't open this thread because I'm only on season 7 now. Didn't want any spoilers. This show is addictive you guys were right. Compelling and angering all in one. Spoilers hell! I needed spoilers to get past season 5. Sought out the Oracle of WiFi to get me through. What a show...wow.

Game of Thrones torches previous ratings record with season 8, episode 1 premiere
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a2715...ecord-hbo/

Interesting first episode with characters I have forgotten about reintroduced and characters that hadn't seen each other in years re-united. 

I have this horrible sense of foreboding with all these players gathering and winter here. 

You now know something Jon Snow...Have fun with Dany after that one. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Interesting first episode with characters I have forgotten about reintroduced and characters that hadn't seen each other in years re-united. 

I have this horrible sense of foreboding with all these players gathering and winter here. 

You now know something Jon Snow...Have fun with Dany after that one. 
Yeah, I think he'll put the kibosh on their sex life after gaining that knowledge! Although its always been the Targarian way, he was raised a Stark. Starks don't fool around with their relatives.

Quote: @Kentis said:
Is the Night King a Targaryen? 
Wouldn't that be a twist?  It would explain why he's able to control a dragon (although maybe that's a power he has over everything dead?).  Plus, he kind of looks like one.
Hot take: I think John kills Daenerys (spelling) at the end.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Almost didn't open this thread because I'm only on season 7 now. Didn't want any spoilers. This show is addictive you guys were right. Compelling and angering all in one. Spoilers hell! I needed spoilers to get past season 5. Sought out the Oracle of WiFi to get me through. What a show...wow.
Me, too.  I didn't watch it for the first 7 seasons.  Then, this winter, HBO had a free HBO preview weekend.  And they had all the GoT shows on (although they skipped a couple of seasons).  I recorded it: just so I'd have something interesting to watch while I was on the treadmill.  Once I started watching it... I burned through the available seasons (about 5, I think) in about 4 days.  

And maybe this is common knowledge to everyone else... but is it my imagination... or is Skyrim and GoT basically based off of each other?

Quote: @pumpf said:
@suncoastvike said:
Me, too.  I didn't watch it for the first 7 seasons.  Then, this winter, HBO had a free HBO preview weekend.  And they had all the GoT shows on (although they skipped a couple of seasons).  I recorded it: just so I'd have something interesting to watch while I was on the treadmill.  Once I started watching it... I burned through the available seasons (about 5, I think) in about 4 days.  

And maybe this is common knowledge to everyone else... but is it my imagination... or is Skyrim and GoT basically based off of each other?
So the Skyrim is a game only? I'm not a gamer so I know nothing of that world. I'm glad it's not a series I guess. I would have to check it out.  I've been watching too much shows lately. Still want to try one called The Last Kingdom. When I'm caught up with GOT.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@pumpf said:
@suncoastvike said:

So the Skyrim is a game only? I'm not a gamer so I know nothing of that world. I'm glad it's not a series I guess. I would have to check it out.  I've been watching too much shows lately. Still want to try one called The Last Kingdom. When I'm caught up with GOT.
As far as I know it's only a game.  I don't play many video games; but I do enjoy that one.  I think I enjoy it more for the environments that they created than anything else.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Kentis said:
Wouldn't that be a twist?  It would explain why he's able to control a dragon (although maybe that's a power he has over everything dead?).  Plus, he kind of looks like one.
I concur. But I also think Jon dies as well by sacraficing himself. Sansa dies (thank goodness). And Arya and Gendry get married with Gendry being heir of House Baratheon and perhaps the iron throne as well.

Quote: @matt4787 said:
@pumpf said:
@Kentis said:
I concur. But I also think Jon dies as well by sacraficing himself. Sansa dies (thank goodness). And Arya and Gendry get married with Gendry being heir of House Baratheon and perhaps the iron throne as well.
Interesting take...

Far too nice of an ending for GoT. I think we'll be left bewildered and sad vs content and happy.