Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Interested In Mannion As Siemian Meets With The Jets
I remember a lot of fans clamoring for Sloter over Siemian last year. Paul Allen said on his show that Siemian's real game experience was the reason Preseason is one thing, playing against other teams 2 and 3's. Playing big boy football, PA said the vikes would be in big trouble with an inexperienced guy like Sloter.

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
I remember a lot of fans clamoring for Sloter over Siemian last year. Paul Allen said on his show that Siemian's real game experience was the reason Preseason is one thing, playing against other teams 2 and 3's. Playing big boy football, PA said the vikes would be in big trouble with an inexperienced guy like Sloter.
Then why waste the roster spot?  They could’ve kept Colby Gossett, or another player Imo... How many teams keep 3 Qb’s vs 2 anymore? 

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
I was hoping they shot their load with Siemian last year.
I see what you did there -

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
PA= Vikings employee

When is the last time you have heard PA discount anything that the front office does?  He will nit pick a in game decision here or there,  but he doesnt call out questionable personnel decisions. 

The other name to watch the Vikings have some interest in is Tom Savage. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Can't be any worse that Siemien.  But- again- why bother to keep Sloter around?

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Now that's something I'd like to see. He's a statue, but great arm, mostly accurate, throws one of the prettiest passes you'll ever see. Liked him a lot coming out. In my mock that year I had us taking Bridgewater and then grabbing Savage in the 4th round to back him up. Never felt Savage had a chance to gain any kind of continuity anywhere. He kept getting hurt. Finally healthy, he beat out Deshaun Watson for the starting job in Houston, but his immobility combined with Houston's dreadful offensive line was a disaster. He goes to New Orleans to backup Brees, but then gets replaced by...yep, Teddy Bridgewater. Strange how things turn out. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Now that's something I'd like to see. He's a statue, but great arm, mostly accurate, throws one of the prettiest passes you'll ever see. Liked him a lot coming out. In my mock that year I had us taking Bridgewater and then grabbing Savage in the 4th round to back him up. Never felt Savage had a chance to gain any kind of continuity anywhere. He kept getting hurt. Finally healthy, he beat out Deshaun Watson for the starting job in Houston, but his immobility combined with Houston's dreadful offensive line was a disaster. He goes to New Orleans to backup Brees, but then gets replaced by...yep, Teddy Bridgewater. Strange how things turn out. 
So are you trying to suggest Teddy will be back  Wink

I actually like the idea of Savage competing with Sloter. 

Tom Savage, lol. Ok. Anything goes, I guess. So Kyle Sloter will be released then? I mean, why keep him now as its obvious he's not in the team's plans whatsoever? 

My problem with Siemian last pre season is he didn't seem overly excited to be playing. I seen in Sloter someone who at least cared. Savage is a statue. If he couldn't play with Houston because of their Oline what happens here. What we need is a mobile guy who can buy time with his legs if we lose Kirk god forbid. Something like Case backing Sam. Someone like Case did work. If they aren't going to be accurate they need to be mobile. Plus they need to at least look like they seem to care...imo.